Sign in to follow this  
mcbigski

It's a brand new dating thread

4 hours ago, Maithanet said:

But it should correspond to whichever is closest to his personality.  For a refresher,

Leonardo - Type A, leader

Raphael - Rebellious, independent

Michelangelo - Laid back, fun loving

Donatello - Nerdy, dry sense of humor

I cannot say I know him that well yet, but for the time being, lets say ... Donatangelo? Maybe with a touch of the others. These chatacteristics are very generalised. Most people are probably a combination of those.

I was in the city for another reason and he spontaneously invited me just for a short meetup. So we met up just to grab something to eat and to have a short walk. I was not planning on that, so I probably didn't look my best - same shirt as yesterday, no makeup, didn't manage to freshen up with a shower after work and before meeting him. If he still wants to meet me after that, he is either very bored, OR very desperate for company, OR seriously into me so soon.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

lets say ... I probably didn't look my best - same shirt as yesterday, no makeup, didn't manage to freshen up with a shower after work and before meeting him. If he still wants to meet me after that, he is either very bored, OR very desperate for company, OR seriously into me so soon.

OR you are a great person and he just likes you :)

10 hours ago, Dog of England said:

For someone of your age, I have to consider you depressingly normal. Seriously, on the internet nobody knows if your age is counted in dog years or not. 

:)

17 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

OR you are a great person and he just likes you :)

Ah, I hardly believe that. One cannot know somebody after such a short time together enough to develop any special liking!

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Ah, I hardly believe that. One cannot know somebody after such a short time together enough to develop any special liking!

Don't be so sure. You could be the one he has been searching for for years. Trust me. It happens. 

46 minutes ago, Dog of England said:

Don't be so sure. You could be the one he has been searching for for years. Trust me. It happens. 

He could right now be discussing on the TMNT forum about how to avoid screwing up this new romance he has with April O'Neil. 

Sadly, there aren't that many women characters in TMNT, so you get the April O'Neil nickname regardless of how well it fits. 

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

After I met my future wife for the first time on my vacations abroad, I ditched all my other relationships because I knew I found the right one. We married within a year. After all those years we are still on speaking terms <3

1 hour ago, Dog of England said:

50 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

He could right now be discussing on the TMNT forum about how to avoid screwing up this new romance he has with April O'Neil. 

Sadly, there aren't that many women characters in TMNT, so you get the April O'Neil nickname regardless of how well it fits. 

You guys. I am trying really hard to keep my expectations low in order to not be disappointed in case I get ghosted or some similar shit again.

I never knew anything about TMNT (and I have no clue whether he is interested in them either), so at least I am educating myself in that area I guess.

Anyway, he is inviting me out again tomorrow and the idea he has looks very romantic and somewhat like an adventure to me. It is a good idea too.

4 minutes ago, kiko said:

After I met my future wife for the first time on my vacations abroad, I ditched all my other relationships because I knew I found the right one. We married within a year. After all those years we are still on speaking terms <3

This sounds very romantic. :)

It usually takes me a lot longer to figure out if I find somebody attractive and good company and if I can trust them. So I am still at this stage.

(Sorry for double post, Kiko is a ninja. A TMNT, to stay on topic.)

58 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I think the only other options are the female TMNT and the lover of Splinter's master. Neither are great options considering the latter is murdered at the beginning of the story and I wouldn't want to think about the weird turtle sex fantasies they're discussing on the TMNT forum. 

Hmm, now that I do think about it, would it be considered within the realm of furry sex if two people dressed up as TMNT and went at it? @larrytheimp, you're the expert here, what say you?

Grmpf... wrote vet girl another message earlier asking whether she's still interested in keeping in touch. She then deleted her account.

Well, I guess it gives me the opportunity to delete mine as well, but it would have been nice to at least get any kind of response before that...

Got a hunch that a friend is trying to set me up with someone. She was very insistent that I join her and her fiance for badminton, and oh by the way another friend of her's would be there, and have we met before? Oh in that case she must introduce us.

Or I'm reading too much into this and potentially setting myself up for awkwardness.

Potentially entertaining in either case. :D

Congratulations everyone, on equating this mysterious stranger with 4 asexual turtles. Instead, I would call him 'the man from Ljubljan' (never mind the 'a' at the end, most people dont pronounce it anyway)

55 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think the only other options are the female TMNT and the lover of Splinter's master. Neither are great options considering the latter is murdered at the beginning of the story and I wouldn't want to think about the weird turtle sex fantasies they're discussing on the TMNT forum. 

Hmm, now that I do think about it, would it be considered within the realm of furry sex if two people dressed up as TMNT and went at it? @larrytheimp, you're the expert here, what say you?

I am going to leave the TNMT comparisons alone now. I have no idea about them anyway.

50 minutes ago, Toth said:

Grmpf... wrote vet girl another message earlier asking whether she's still interested in keeping in touch. She then deleted her account.

Well, I guess it gives me the opportunity to delete mine as well, but it would have been nice to at least get any kind of response before that...

How many messages did you send in the end, without response? Usually one, or two messages without response tells you all you need to know ... I am sorry this happened to you.

26 minutes ago, Liffguard said:

Got a hunch that a friend is trying to set me up with someone. She was very insistent that I join her and her fiance for badminton, and oh by the way another friend of her's would be there, and have we met before? Oh in that case she must introduce us.

Or I'm reading too much into this and potentially setting myself up for awkwardness.

Potentially entertaining in either case. :D

Good luck and keep us updated! :D

9 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Congratulations everyone, on equating this mysterious stranger with 4 asexual turtles. Instead, I would call him 'the man from Ljubljan' (never mind the 'a' at the end, most people dont pronounce it anyway)

You know nothing about pronunciation! :P We never leave out the final A. But we do leave out the both J-s in dialect. So more like Lublana, when speaking casually.

5 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

TMNT was somewhat after my time.  Were they really asexual or was there some hard shell on hard shell subtext going on?

Was more a voltron and robotech kind of kid of afraid to reexamine tbh.

10 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I know after about 1 minute if I want to screw someone like there’s no tomorrow. CHEMISTRY. 

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I know after about 1 minute if I want to screw someone like there’s no tomorrow. CHEMISTRY. 

It takes me at least a month. 

Just a different sort of chemistry I suppose. 

Edited by A True Kaniggit

Maybe a minute visually, but you've got to at least talk to someone for a half hour before you jump in the sack. I can only recall one time where it took less than that and I was a drunk 18 year old less than two months into my freshman year of college.