The Anniversary of Dance

So, in just over a month it will be the 10 year anniversary of the publishing of A Dance with Dragons. How are people going to celebrate? A reread? A rewatch of the thing we can't mention? Crying over a lack of winds? Personally I'm going to make a meal from the cookbooks. 

3 hours ago, Euron III Greyjoy said:

I might actually go back and reread all the ADwD Tyrion chapters. I love those chapters so much. 

Yeah with dance I generally just read by character; aside from Cersei so few characters make actions that affect any of the other sit doesn’t matter if you read them in order generally.

5 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Personally I'm going to make a meal from the cookbooks. 

Cookbooks, plural? The only one I know of is "A Feast of Ice and Fire." I recommend the sisters stew; it's awesome, and quite easy to make. You can do it all in one pan, if you pour the cream in slowly, a little at a time, instead of warming it first in a separate pot.

Is there another IAF-based cookbook?

24 minutes ago, Aebram said:

Cookbooks, plural? The only one I know of is "A Feast of Ice and Fire." I recommend the sisters stew; it's awesome, and quite easy to make. You can do it all in one pan, if you pour the cream in slowly, a little at a time, instead of warming it first in a separate pot.

There  was an e-book-only companion, From the Sands of Dorne: A Feast of Ice and Fire Companion Cookbook. As the title suggests, it's Dornish-cuisine focused, lots of Middle Eastern-inspired recipes.

The Dornish eggs recipe from the first book has become a staple for us, using our own chilis. Spicy!

On 6/1/2021 at 11:13 PM, Aebram said:

we've done the honey chicken, the onions in gravy, the stew from the crossroads, the beef and bacon pie, the, the roast aurochs, dornish eggs and we do the sister's stew recipe that was from a guest post on the blog. no canned milk in that one  

Archived