International Events VII- Afghan Catastrophe

DireWolfSpirit

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Well, the cynical response is, it's nice of you to think of your kid's generation to come up with a solution to that problem. Your argument is to a not so small degree relying on some magical thinking.

Dunno why you would assume that. As I understand it, the research on recycling nuclear waste is well advanced. According to the relevant French corporation(s), we could already recycle up to 96% of the waste produced ; that's probably an inflated number, but it still shows the potential there. In fact, the ministry for the transition is currently studying new regulations to further develop the recycling circuits, with a new recycling center to open asap to dismantle the Fessenheim power plant (that was closed last year).
The reason I'm ok leaving this to my kid's generation is because it seems clear that, by the time he's an adult, my country will have developed the know-how to efficiently recycle nuclear waste. Maybe not 96%, but I'm sure we'll manage more than 50% in the next 15 years or so. There's no magical thinking involved because we've been doing this for 30 years, and because for once, the political decisions to improve the industry have already been taken.
That's not to say that this is nice and easy. The corporations involved can be sloppy. There's still a lot of research to be done, and some long-term solutions are still being debated. But it's well known around the world that France has been rather good at recycling nuclear waste. But perhaps you didn't know that?

COP26 looking to fail humanity, and sadly developing countries like India are leading the blockade claiming they need to keep using coal to achieve their development aspirations. The next decade of economic development will seal decades of economic decline and suffering. It's a pit govts aren't waking up top that.

15 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

COP26 looking to fail humanity, and sadly developing countries like India are leading the blockade claiming they need to keep using coal to achieve their development aspirations. The next decade of economic development will seal decades of economic decline and suffering. It's a pit govts aren't waking up top that.

When the Adanis and Ambanis scale new heights with Modi and Shah in their pockets, funding their religious right wing fanatic pogroms, pathetic excuse. Delhi all time worst smog. Forests being fucked second only to Bolsonaro's poor Amazon. Meanwhile the Mallyas and Choksis evade billions worth tax/loan and postpone their extradition (never gonna happen) only thing common to all those assholes I named is place of origin. And I dont mean the country, even deeper. Dig. Hint: G______I

13 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

When the Adanis and Ambanis scale new heights with Modi and Shah in their pockets, funding their religious right wing fanatic pogroms, pathetic excuse. Delhi all time worst smog. Forests being fucked second only to Bolsonaro's poor Amazon. Meanwhile the Mallyas and Choksis evade billions worth tax/loan and postpone their extradition (never gonna happen) only thing common to all those assholes I named is place of origin. And I dont mean the country, even deeper. Dig. Hint: G______I

Don't you mean G______t?

29 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Ohhhh, that is a capital i not a lower case L. Had me confused.

I always wave goodbye (taking a break) only to post a dozen 'one-last-posts'.

Here's OLP#1

Mallya isn't a G_______i, sry, from sillicon valley of india

It was another fr_ud (needless to say not freud) named Modi. First name Nirav.  

11 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

It's getting cryptic in here. Couldn't we just post in complete names?

I have no idea what G_____t or G_____i is supposed to signify.

I'm guessing Gujarat, but I am not sure why the need for the secrecy.  Edit- Oops- messed up my geography there.

14 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

It's getting cryptic in here. Couldn't we just post in complete names?

I have no idea what G_____t or G_____i is supposed to signify.

Ahem, I wan't to spend the rest of my life not in a cell held by draconian colonial era laws (sedition, seriously?)

14 hours ago, horangi said:

I'm guessing Gujarat, but I am not sure why the need for the secrecy.  Edit- Oops- messed up my geography there.

Shhh

This was OLP#5

Mods pls lock this thread lol, temptations

Archived