Leviathan Falls - spoilers tagged on first page only

Kalbear

4 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

An hour long interview by Megan Chakribourti (she’s apparently about as geeky as we are about this series) of NPR’s “On Point” with Dan and Ty about the world of The Expanse books and TV series:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-expanse-authors-on-the-importance/id121534955?i=1000627556206

I heard a bit of that! She was fangirling pretty hard and asked a lot of questions about Basic (vs UBI)

So what's the difference?

UBI seems to mean that everyone is able to express themselves fully and there's a flowering of art and creativity.

Basic seems like you're trading black market favors for life sustaining drugs and you hope your social credit is high enough to get you a job out of your neighborhood.

They probably both trend to the same end state, but maybe I'm naive.

Ty and Daniel did an AMA on Reddit yesterday:

I am James SA Corey, author of the Expanse and pen name of Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck. AMA.

Some questions about the adaptation of the first six books, a lot about the process of writing The Expanse books and their upcoming books (a completely new thing, inspired by Herbert and LeGuin), some unanswerable questions about future TV productions because of the strike, and a few plugs for their Patreon.

11 hours ago, mcbigski said:

So what's the difference?

UBI seems to mean that everyone is able to express themselves fully and there's a flowering of art and creativity.

Basic seems like you're trading black market favors for life sustaining drugs and you hope your social credit is high enough to get you a job out of your neighborhood.

They probably both trend to the same end state, but maybe I'm naive.

Listen to the interview.  Ty and Daniel get into the diffence between UBI and Basic.