Hero and Martyr: Jon Snow

Craving Peaches

3 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

But I thought someone heard a creepy (conscious) voice in their head if Bloodraven was controlling them. Like Palpy when he tells Anakin to 'Dew it!'. Unless Jon is repressing this as well.

Dude's got a lot of repressed feelings that's for damn sure.

Ygritte wanted me to be a wildling. Stannis wants me to be the Lord of Winterfell. But what do I want? The sun crept down the sky to dip behind the Wall where it curved through the western hills. Jon watched as that towering expanse of ice took on the reds and pinks of sunset. Would I sooner be hanged for a turncloak by Lord Janos, or forswear my vows, marry Val, and become the Lord of Winterfell? It seemed an easy choice when he thought of it in those terms . . . though if Ygritte had still been alive, it might have been even easier. Val was a stranger to him. She was not hard on the eyes, certainly, and she had been sister to Mance Rayder's queen, but still . . .

I would need to steal her if I wanted her love, but she might give me children. I might someday hold a son of my own blood in my arms. A son was something Jon Snow had never dared dream of, since he decided to live his life on the Wall. I could name him Robb. Val would want to keep her sister's son, but we could foster him at Winterfell, and Gilly's boy as well. Sam would never need to tell his lie. We'd find a place for Gilly too, and Sam could come visit her once a year or so. Mance's son and Craster's would grow up brothers, as I once did with Robb.

He wanted it, Jon knew then. He wanted it as much as he had ever wanted anything. I have always wanted it, he thought, guiltily. May the gods forgive me. It was a hunger inside him, sharp as a dragonglass blade. A hunger . . . he could feel it. It was food he needed, prey, a red deer that stank of fear or a great elk proud and defiant. He needed to kill and fill his belly with fresh meat and hot dark blood. His mouth began to water with the thought.

On 1/1/2023 at 5:38 PM, LongRider said:

I’d love to see Bowen (spits) cry like the coward he is when he and his boys are sentenced to hang. 

I don't think Marsh will hang. If the pomegranate sobriquet has any foreshadowing value at all he will be smashed - maybe a fall from a high place - and bits of him are going to get all over people. I suspect that the event will be something like what LML calls a 'Lightbringer forging' just because of the parallel to the moon that had all of those dragons inside of it before it got too close to the sun and cracked open.

Archived