Hero and Martyr: Jon Snow

Craving Peaches

3 minutes ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

How do y’all think Bowen will meet justice? Getting wrung out like a wet towel by Wun Wun? Getting smashed against a or THE wall by Wun? Beheaded by UnJon? 

I’d love to see Bowen (spits) cry like the coward he is when he and his boys are sentenced to hang. 

7 hours ago, LongRider said:

I’d love to see Bowen (spits) cry like the coward he is when he and his boys are sentenced to hang. 

Sounds good. I suppose he could also freeze his arse in an ice cell for a bit and then someone, say Leathers, can fetch a healed throughly pissed off Jon a block?  

46 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Sounds good. I suppose he could also freeze his arse in an ice cell for a bit and then someone, say Leathers, can fetch a healed throughly pissed off Jon a block?  

I believe Edd would come running from Long Barrow as soon as he hears it. No one fetches Jon's blocks but Edd!

8 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

7 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

I believe Edd would come running from Long Barrow as soon as he hears it. No one fetches Jon's blocks but Edd!

Ok Ok, you two have convinced me, a block served up by Edd it is.  After all, it was Edd who named him 'Old Pomegranate'.   As long as he cries and blubbers like Janos Slynt, it's all good.

3 hours ago, LongRider said:

Ok Ok, you two have convinced me, a block served up by Edd it is.  After all, it was Edd who named him 'Old Pomegranate'.   As long as he cries and blubbers like Janos Slynt, it's all good.

I wanna see Bowen piss his pants, but ok, I can settle for crying and blubbering. :D

Jon was a crap of a commander.  He tried to desert and deserved to get hanged for that crime.  Mormont let him off easy.  Jon should have shown the same leniency to Janos Slynt.  Jon took advantage of the set up and abused his authority to kill his father's political adversary.  

1 hour ago, Kierria said:

Jon was a crap of a commander.  He tried to desert and deserved to get hanged for that crime.  Mormont let him off easy.  Jon should have shown the same leniency to Janos Slynt.  Jon took advantage of the set up and abused his authority to kill his father's political adversary.  

What was your opinions on Danaerys again, can you remind us please?

6 hours ago, Kierria said:

Jon took advantage of the set up and abused his authority to kill his father's political adversary. 

I really don't know where you get this because that's not what the text says. We can see into Jon's head in that moment so we know exactly why he kills Janos Slynt, and it's not for the reason you state. There is no doubt. Unless you are claiming Jon is so deluded that his actions are divorced from his thoughts and he thinks something other than what we are actually shown when he is thinking...

14 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I really don't know where you get this because that's not what the text says. We can see into Jon's head in that moment so we know exactly why he kills Janos Slynt, and it's not for the reason you state. There is no doubt. Unless you are claiming Jon is so deluded that his actions are divorced from his thoughts and he thinks something other than what we are actually shown when he is thinking...

Jon’s lying to himself! Very convincingly, I might add. :rofl:

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Jon’s lying to himself! Very convincingly, I might add.

Given Jon's own thoughts/consciousness are 'lying' to him so are not in control of him, I can only conclude that Jon is entirely controlled by his unconscious Id/Shadow. Jon's 'death' will only kill his ego and superego, and when Jon wakes up, the ruse will be over, and we can see Shadow Jon in all his glory.

Or some people just can't read.

3 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Given Jon's own thoughts/consciousness are 'lying' to him so are not in control of him, I can only conclude that Jon is entirely controlled by his unconscious Id/Shadow. Jon's 'death' will only kill his ego and superego, and when Jon wakes up, the ruse will be over, and we can see Shadow Jon in all his glory.

You might be onto something…

3 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Actually, you’re  definitely onto something. 

30 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Ummm... What? I'm pretty sure you meant Bloodraven.

1 minute ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Ummm... What? I'm pretty sure you meant Bloodraven.

But I thought someone heard a creepy (conscious) voice in their head if Bloodraven was controlling them. Like Palpy when he tells Anakin to 'Dew it!'. Unless Jon is repressing this as well.

5 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

To be fair, it would be entertaining to see Jon with no inhibitions and morals. Wonder what would happen to Bowen Marsh...

Yeah, but Marsh will be mash - wink wink - before Jon has a chance to deal with him. 

Archived