Football: The Return of the Carabao Cup

polishgenius

28 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Doesn't sound that dissimilar to what you are saying about Howe to be honest.

Utter shite. WTF have you been drinking?

Howe chose to go and work for MBS for millions of pounds. Johnson was foisted on us by Murdoch, Dacre, and about 33% of the population. 

So, no, not even remotely similar. 

Just now, Spockydog said:

Utter shite. WTF have you been drinking? Howe chose to go and work for MBS for millions of pounds. Johnson was foisted in us by Murdoch, Dacre, and about 33% of the population. 

So, no, not even remotely similar. 

How is It EHs responsibility, that's the similarity. He's just a football manager getting a big job, it's the whole reason he exists. 

3 hours ago, Raja said:

Surely that doesn't make it right though?

If it doesn't then those who have issues with new Saudi ownership should take it up with proper authorities and see how and why the green light for that transaction was given.

Let's be honest, this is not the first set of questionable owners in the PL. I mean, Abramovich alone should have caused massive updates in laws and regulations and it didn't happen. Why it didn't happen? Because horrible people's money is fine, but we are then going to shake our heads at those who go and work in the companies that have been bought by (other companies owned by) these human pieces of shit. You can't have your cake and eat it. It's either allowed for Saudis to buy Newcastle or it's not.

1 hour ago, ljkeane said:

The fit and proper owner test basically just checks you’ve actually got the money to buy the club (not what anyone thinks is the issue with MBS) and you haven’t had a conviction for fraud or something like that. It’s not exactly a ringing endorsement that somehow puts prospective owners beyond any criticism in future for things like, you know, murder, oppression and war crimes.

And it can be kept that way, but then you get Saudi family owning one of the biggest football clubs in the country.

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Then I spent ten years working for myself as a consultant project manager, before giving up my career in 2008 to look after a family member suffering from a serious illness (pick the fucking bones out of that nugget, eh? BTW - unless you've done anything remotely similar for a member of your own family, I'm claiming victory in these particular morality stakes.).

I don't give a flying fuck about what you do or have done for your family. Everyone does best they can for their family. The very fact that you think that gives you some moral high ground is laughable.

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

During my time, I ran projects for some pretty big multi-nationals. GSK, Pfizer, and Clearlake to name a few. So while I'm guilty of occasionally doing work for Big Pharma, I don't think that's anywhere near going to work for a murderous fucking dictator like Mohammed Bin Salman. 

Anyway, you are being fucking pathetic.

Yeah, once again "I have done that, but what else could I have done?" argument. And you have the balls to call anyone pathetic?

For what it's worth, I've graduated from college and immediately started working in software development. Have worked for, in chronological order:

• an Austrian company tracking stock market data
  • an American company focused on healthcare
  • a Dutch telco company
  • a Swedish company that worked on an app generator
  • an American company working with telco companies
  • a Swiss healthcare startup that worked with national health systems of different countries to help people suffering from obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure etc. to get better.
  • some freelance work here and there for some smaller companies

So, not even occasionally working for some human pieces of shit. I guess my line is more clearly drawn then yours when it comes to who's an unacceptable employer. Go figure.

Now that matter has been put to rest, I will also make full use of "Ignore" option.

Archived