Cats III - Rulers of all they survey

Which Tyler

Good-night, sweet queen. And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.
You will be forever in our hearts.
Guinness will show you around on the other side of the rainbow bridge - whether you want her to or not.

Cats 1 and A came into our lives 17 years and 2-3 months ago. Littermates, separated for the first time ever tonight.

As it's illegal to mention cats on the internet without pics, here are some:

On 12/30/2022 at 8:57 PM, Which Tyler said:

Damn right.  I'm sorry for your loss.  You gave her a happy home for 17 years--you did good.

I always imagined that having 2 adult cats would be ideal because they have each other when you are busy/unavailable.  I have had two adult, bonded cats for 2 months now and I can see that I was wrong. 

They are needy.  They are demanding in opposite ways.  One is aggressive--Pet Me! Love Me!  Maximum tactile input please!  The other is passive-aggressive--This is a nice picture, it would be a shame if it crashed to the floor at 5am.  Maybe if you gave me better loving and playtime, things like this wouldn't happen.

Passive-Aggressive cat is smart and seems to understand that when I am playing a video game, I am entertaining myself.  She seems to be offended that I am engaging in entertainment which leaves her out on her own. 

With that in mind:  Does anyone have a recommendation for a tablet game which will attract and please cats?  I have seen videos of cats "playing" tablet games.  Tablet Games  I have searched my streaming services for TV programs that will entertain them.  So far, I have nothing much to report in terms of success.

Help me out--what works for you and your cats?  How can I make them happy without stroking and playing with them all the damn time!?

We recently took in a stray Pepper. She has little spots to sleep and is quite calm. We have a Norwegian Forrest Cat Jasper that is part Albino. He licks people. Our ~ 8 year old Tortoiseshell Cat Callie likes to hang around downstairs and doesn't ever really come upstairs anymore since Pepper was brought in. Luna jumps on the dinner table and tries to eat our food straight from our hands.

They like to play with a laser pointer. We recently got a cat toy - a feather on a string with a handle. We have two cat trees, and I've seen Jasper and Luna up there. But the thing they love the most is going outside. Jasper, Luna, and Pepper all run around all day long and it's every day. They often are huddled around the door, waiting to be let out.

• 2 weeks later...

Lately I feel like maybe I am the equivalent of a Sharper Image massage chair.  I suppose if you have one, why not use it constantly?  The cats have a massage servant, why not demand all the massages, all the time?

Considering the way these cats act like it's a vital component of life, I have to wonder--How do cats survive in the wild without chin scratches?

Why is your chin so itchy?  Why can you never be satisfied?

• 2 months later...
On 12/31/2022 at 2:57 AM, Which Tyler said:
Guinness will show you around on the other side of the rainbow bridge - whether you want her to or not.

Cats 1 and A came into our lives 17 years and 2-3 months ago. Littermates, separated for the first time ever tonight.

And Mischa goes to join her sisters in a couple of hours - she's a fighter and is NOT going gently into that goodnight, but that means we had to make the decision for her.

Archived