Winds of Winter - Narrator

KingStoneheart

Dotrice gave me headaches and his voices were just so so. As for Winds, there are professional voice actors and other actors who could do it.  Have them audition for the job as it is an acting job.  

On 2/6/2023 at 3:38 PM, Curled Finger said:

When you listen to a book with that many characters and female characters in particular you have to have more than one.  No one can do what Dotrice did.  I know.  I listen to a lot of audio books.  I think Winds will require a cast to do Dotrice justice and to be honest, to do the story justice.  That said if they go cheap and there is no reason in the world to do so, I hope they end up with someone who has an easy listening voice.  I couldn't take 40 hours of Harry Lloyd.  I just couldn't.  Iain Glen, Charles Dance, Simon Vance, sure, any day of the week, give Dance my personal cell number.  Dinklage did a documentary on Netflix and it was great.  Could he pull it off?  I think he could.  Just heard Idris Elba narrate a docuseries.  Great voice.  In fact, give him my personal cell number, too.  

Really with Lloyd? I actually would have picked him, and would buy new audiobooks to replace the Dotrice ones. Lloyd narrating the Dunk & Egg tales is always a wonderful experience to re-listen to.  

I have an increasingly hard time going back to the Dotrice audibooks.  His voice puts me to sleep, and if I here "Pa-tire" one more time I'll have an aneurysm. 

2 hours ago, JonSnow4President said:

Really with Lloyd? I actually would have picked him, and would buy new audiobooks to replace the Dotrice ones. Lloyd narrating the Dunk & Egg tales is always a wonderful experience to re-listen to.  

I have an increasingly hard time going back to the Dotrice audibooks.  His voice puts me to sleep, and if I here "Pa-tire" one more time I'll have an aneurysm. 

I notice you are from Texas.  I just listened to Lee Horsley read Lonesome Dove.  Been thinking with a drawl for 2 weeks now and thinking about changing my name to July Johnson.  It's funny what a voice can do for your imagination.  My friend and I read this together and she couldn't take Lee while I thought he was fantastic.  It comes down to what turns you on, excites you and puts you in these moments.  If Lloyd does it for you my friend then right on.  I will take Bri EEEEEEEn and Pa Tire all day long because it moves me right there where Lloyd moves you.  I may not want the same pronunciation you enjoy, but I do love the same story.  That's what it's all about, the story.   

• 2 weeks later...

Archived