TTTNE..." title" more research is needed

rocksniffer

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

My main struggle rn, is getting up early enough to go for a run and feeling like crap, or going in the evening and feeling like you're wasting your evening.

I never feel fatter and unhealthier than when I'm running :crying:

don't run and feel fabulous?   

On 9/22/2023 at 7:35 AM, Pebble thats Stubby said:

it should be illeagal to go to work on morning shift and not only leave home but get to work when its still night.

What about people who work from home?

This was an eventful weekend! Way too short, I have to go to work tomorrow morning again, meh.

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

What about people who work from home?

This was an eventful weekend! Way too short, I have to go to work tomorrow morning again, meh.

WFH still involves going to work.  ie  going to your work PC and logging on.  hence it still apllies.  or if they work from their bed at going to work invovled pickign up their laptop and loggin in.

Hmph. The days are so much shorter now that even when I don't start at the earliest possible time, it is still not completely light outside. Today I left home some time after 7 and it was cloudy and not sunny yet at all. It is also much colder. I don't like it much.

:read: 

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Hmph. The days are so much shorter now that even when I don't start at the earliest possible time, it is still not completely light outside. Today I left home some time after 7 and it was cloudy and not sunny yet at all. It is also much colder. I don't like it much.

:read: 

I'm affraid its only going to get worse.  Its that horrible time of year when things are just turning and you know you have all winter ahead.  the days are short enough that you start to notice yet you know they will get a lot shorter, the weather will get colder, wetter and windyer.  the nice sunny bits don't last long and just serve to remind you that of the summer is over.  Nothing but depression until spring.

late winter/early spring weather may be technically worse, but then the sunshine breaks give glimpses of the future and nice days ahead.  you know its only getting better.  (and I'll be retited I hope, so that makes everythng better but first got to get though this dark and depressing winter)

17 hours ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

I'm affraid its only going to get worse.  Its that horrible time of year when things are just turning and you know you have all winter ahead.  the days are short enough that you start to notice yet you know they will get a lot shorter, the weather will get colder, wetter and windyer.  the nice sunny bits don't last long and just serve to remind you that of the summer is over.  Nothing but depression until spring.

late winter/early spring weather may be technically worse, but then the sunshine breaks give glimpses of the future and nice days ahead.  you know its only getting better.  (and I'll be retited I hope, so that makes everythng better but first got to get though this dark and depressing winter)

I think it is not as horrible as you are describing it after all. ;) Teenagers are mostly still behaving well, yay.

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I think it is not as horrible as you are describing it after all. ;) Teenagers are mostly still behaving well, yay.

I'll remind you of that in a couple of months.

Oh I have started a Halloween decorating game.

Edited by Pebble thats Stubby

• 2 weeks later...

*pokes thread*

I had to get up waaaay too early today. And need to get up even earlier tomorrow because of a school trip that leaves at 7. I organised that trip. I hate past-me for doing that. Why was I so stupid?

In other words, work is busy.

And here I am having a week off and getting up at 8 to get ready super slowly  and then drag my ass to a cafe to read crime fiction and have a mid morning cappuccino. I did clean the bathroom yesterday. No, I’m not traveling or doing anything special, I’m just savoring every second of not having to work and it’s the best feeling I’ve had all year. Home-cation for everybody. 

This sounds like a very nice and relaxed vacation. I am starting with very busy couple of weeks because there are tests to put together and to grade, starting tomorrow, as well as parent talks tomorrow etc. I am going to have a week off at the end of the month, though.

On 10/9/2023 at 6:45 PM, Buckwheat said:

I organised that trip. I hate past-me for doing that. Why was I so stupid?

Sounds like past Buckwheat thought that was future Buckwheats problem.

On 10/10/2023 at 10:04 PM, RhaenysBee said:

And here I am having a week off and getting up at 8 to get ready super slowly  and then drag my ass to a cafe to read crime fiction and have a mid morning cappuccino. I did clean the bathroom yesterday. No, I’m not traveling or doing anything special, I’m just savoring every second of not having to work and it’s the best feeling I’ve had all year. Home-cation for everybody. 

Sounds like a grand old time!

I have just got back from a long weekend in Prague. Which is a beautiful city. Though I drank too much and slept too little so I was exhausted when we got back.

My partner has just gone away for a week, so I shall be descending into slovenly bachelorism.

In book news I am slowly but surely creeping through my completionist discworld reread (catching the ones I'd missed.) It caused a half forgotten memory to surface, that I think Angua was my first crush :blush: