International events

Bironic

3 hours ago, Werthead said:

Some analysis now that Israel was targeting the early warning detection radar in Isfahan which is tasked with picking up incoming missiles aimed at the Natanz nuclear facility. Unofficial US analysis is that the radar system was completely destroyed through three direct hits from air-launched cruise missiles. Iran's AA systems failed to engage until the missiles were practically on top of the target.

I saw a report that asserted this on ABC News, but none of the other major news networks that I looked at are reporting this.  There should be satellite imagery of the destroyed radar base if this is true, so I remain skeptical.  If we don't get satellite imagery in the next day or so, I would assume that the report is incorrect.

Listening to the Rest is Politics podcast and Rory Stewart, who has contacts in various parts of the world since his days working in the UK foreign office, cited the Chinese government as being privately "alarmed" at some of the decisions North Korea has been/is taking, which is, y'know, reassuring.

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

Listening to the Rest is Politics podcast and Rory Stewart, who has contacts in various parts of the world since his days working in the UK foreign office, cited the Chinese government as being privately "alarmed" at some of the decisions North Korea has been/is taking, which is, y'know, reassuring.

They need some attention dammit. If craziest regime of the month awards keep going to Russia, Israel, Hamas and Iran, it's not good PR. 

• Ran locked this topic