House Tully in the End

What do you guys think will happen to House Tully and The Riverlands at the end of the books? It depends on the route Martin wants to go with Aegon, Dany, Jon and the North but, if he goes the show route with the north being independent, would The River lords stay as a vassals to Winterfell? Or do you think that it will come under Sweet robin and the Vale or Arryn? Or it could just stay under Edmure (I don't know why but I think Edmure is gonna die) or fracture into independent petty kingdoms?

The last book is called A Dream of Spring, which suggests to me that we will end in winter.  I still think they're going to find a way to flood the Riverlands though, so... magic...

I think the Tullys and Freys will both survive, though I wouldn't guess at this point which of the two - or whether a third candidate will eventually sit as lord paramount.  Whatever the case, Edmure's not going to take part in wiping out his wife's family. Some people will hang, but the family will survive.  Probably not the Twins though, I suspect that at least one tower falls and of course, the bridge as well.  (Has anyone ever done an accounting of the fates of twins?  There are so many in this tale, but I can only recall the death of the two Kingsguards right now)

I don't think the Brackens and Blackwoods are going to make it, I think their lines will end together. 

On 4/15/2024 at 3:22 PM, PrettyLittlePsycho said:

Hard to say what will happen, but I hope Edmures baby will become Lord under the tutelage of someone competent.

Edmure himself has proven to be a shitty leader pretty much every time he could.

Hes shown himself to be a bad commander once! He shouldnt have diluted his forces so much pre jamies attack!   The other command issue .... his inability to read robbs mind! Not a bad commander issue plus he did sucessfuly repel all of tywins pushes even one backed by a 7ft superhuman!

Shit if we are talking a tully who fucked up leading its hoster! Utterly failed to bring lord frey to heel , pushed the blackfish away , left edmure unmarried and of course could not have handled the lysa/LF issue worse.....left her bitter and possibly messed up her fertility while tossing away what could have been the son in law to turn his family around! 

Although I’m not sure if edmure will live or not, I would like to think that Roslin and their baby survive and in the years to come he becomes the lord of Riverrun and lord paramount of the Trident.

As I would love the series to end with Westeros returning to 7 Kingdoms (King’s Landing is destroyed and pretty much just a new Summerhall) I would like The North, The Riverlands, and the Vale as one kingdom behind Queen Sansa Stark.

Hoster, Edmure, and his daughters have caused enough heartache in Westeros.  They need to die out like a lot of the old nobility in the riverlands.  The Targaryens elevated the Tullys and Hoster still fought against them.  He should have called for Robert and Ned to surrender themselves to the Targaryens instead of starting a war that killed thousands of people and turned the kingdom into the wreck it is at the beginning of the books.