London mini-meet 5th April

I'll be bombarding peeps with PMs tomorrow regarding cell #s -- not today, because our Intarrwebs are being dodgy. Fucking WiFi. :(

In any case, I'll pass along our #s as well (for future reference) HOWEVER, we'll be buying a SIM card at Gatwick upon arrival (or once we get into London proper) so we don't have to pay exorbitant long-distance roaming rates. That will give us a new phone number, likely, so we'll probably be calling YOU, instead of vice versa. :smoking:

Which leads to a question -- which mobile services are pretty ubiquitous in UK? Vodafone? BT? Since we'll be using it oop North, I'd like a carrier that has some decent coverage in both countries. Suggestions?

Vodafone or Orange would be your best bet IMO, although the wilds of Scotland can be dodgy for coverage whatever network you're on.

If anyone wants my mobile number so you can meet us at any point during the day then drop me a pm. It has changed since last May.

Apart from Tom Foster, you get Sean's number.

Tom Foster, you may as well just get Barry's number, so we can keep it all together.

Just PM him like everyone else and he will pm you back with his number. Anyway, my phone is on the way out, so I can't be sure that it will make it until Thursday.

See y'all soon!!!! :)

I always got the impression 3 had a dodgy signals? I remember one of my housemates who had to leave the house every time they wanted to make a call :unsure:

I think Vodafone have good coverage.

Yeah, I have heard only bad things about 3's coveage (I'm sure the gobshite used to have a 3 phone and complain about it never having a signal).

I'm on 02 and have never had any problems but I'm sure Orange, Vodaphone, Virgin etc are just as good. Just see which of them offers the best deal when you land.

You got my number too Em . I'll be arriving in about the same time as you're leaving work I think , so give me a buzz . Do we know where we are meeting ?
Yeah...GOT YOUR NUMBER! :) I'll ring you as I leave work, should be just before 12ish. So just aim for the Holborn area at around that time.

:pirate:

ETA: Re: 'phones. When I got my first mobile (about ten years back) I chose Orange because it was supposed to have the best coverage in England. Have to say that on a few occasions I have been the smug bastard who has no problems getting a signal while people on O2/Vodaphone have been screwed. However, I have no idea about the coverage in Scotland, soz.

Ummm, surely that's not right? Or fair. :tantrum: Not that I can't deal with being unable to use my 'phone while on the tube, although I know it must pain some fucking idiots that can't leave their 'phone alone people. NOT talking about you, DJD, cos I don't know anything about your relationship with your mobile...yet.

Anyway, if you hate Arsenal (like sensible people do) then you're never going to get an O2 phone on principle (and same goes for Vodafone, obviously). :P

Don't go with 3, it's about double the price to call a 3 phone. Can someone PM me their number? I'm in the London Bridge area but will be able to sneak out of work at around 12ish. :D

Don't go with 3, it's about double the price to call a 3 phone. Can someone PM me their number? I'm in the London Bridge area but will be able to sneak out of work at around 12ish. :D
Are you out for the day, Min? Or just hoping to neck loads of ale and then go back to work? :)

I'll PM you my number. Just head for Holborn though, we'll be round there somewhere at midday.

:cry:

ARSENAL FOREVER!!

Oh dear, it looks as if we will be unable to discuss football. Ever. That is a shame. Are you actually coming out on Thursday btw? *too lazy to re-read thread*

Anyway, if you hate Arsenal (like sensible people do) then you\'re never going to get an O2 phone on principle (and same goes for Vodafone, obviously). :P

Hey, I hate Arsenal with a passion (being a Spurs fan :)) and I have an O2 phone!! :( Anyway, the England rugby team are also sponsored by O2 and thats my excuse.

ARSENAL FOREVER!!

Say it aint so, DJD!!!! :cry:

Sorry Sean, I can't take it back. One of my best mates is a Spurs fan. He got a huge tattoo of the emblem on the left side of the chest... then they changed it like a month later :lol:

Still don't know about Thurs. I'll be working until 6, and my mates want to do Pub Golf, so I could meet you somewhere for one if I go with them, but I don't know yet.

Archived