Edinburgh!

Anubiel

Oh, yes. I have told them. I also added that the scary internet people have an unnatural interest in furries and possibly the ability to drink Edinburgh dry. :P

After some intense googling, I can say that this Ceildh (Céilidh?) thingy sounds interesting. But only as long as the dancing in no way includes me. I'll ask the others what they think.. As for me. I can pretend that I have no free will, you can drag me along to do just about anything. Except dancing. :leaving:

The first rule of ceilidhs: most people there have no idea what they’re doing. So if you don’t know the dances, don’t worry, nobody else does either

The second rule of ceilidhs – the few people at a ceilidh who do know what they’re doing just want to jump around anyway and will help anybody who’s unsure

The third rule of ceilidhs – the more people who don’t know what they’re doing, the more fun the ceilidh because it becomes a complete car crash

The fourth rule of ceilidhs – everybody’s drunk anyway so no-one cares

The fifth rule of ceilidhs – you’re only there to chuck other people across the room in the first place. Last time we managed to throw Flip out of the room. This time let’s see if we can get Mo airborne…

Uh, where am I staying? I need to focus on this meeting, it is known :)

I don't think you were one of the five I counted for the hostel... that was me, tomfoster, Ser Mel, Isis, and Pod. I can add you to the booking if you like, though I thought you were staying with ten. On the other hand, the hostel is always fun. :)

Anubiel: you're going to wind up dancing, you know. Best to just accept it and come to terms with it now. ;)

Anubiel: you're going to wind up dancing, you know. Best to just accept it and come to terms with it now. ;)

I feel pressurized into dancing now... must...resist... :uhoh:

a wise attitude to take! I consider Ceilidh dancing to be one of the most dangerous activities ever invented!

SEE???? I like this guy.

Oh, and the friends have mumbled something which I interpreted as "Yes, master, we will agree to anything you arrange for us"

It will be fun. Honestly, everyone is nervous and then takes too long plucking up their courage for the first dance. Then once you start dancing and want more, it's suddenly the last dance and that's it :(

Always happens to me when at dances.

I have a feeling there's some sort of conspiracy going on to make the n00b dance. You have to make me really, truly drunk first. And, sadly, somehow I don't think that will be a problem..

No conspiracy, and you won't be the only one there who hasn't done country dancing. In fact the non-experienced may outnumber those who have done it, so no pressure.

I've just seen soooo many people go to Ceildhs and say they don't want to dance and make a fuss about it. Then end up dancing later on and surprisingly really enjoying it. Best thing is just to go along and see if it looks fun. If it does then join in! :)

Hey, Mormont, is there any chance you could put me down for the hostel on Friday and Saturday nights?

This sounds like too much fun to miss. :)

Yay!

Will do so asap: but first, any more for any more? For clarity, people who have a bed atm:

Me

Ser Mel

Isis

Pod

tomfoster

(now about to add) Slick.

Mo, have you decided yet if you're in too? The only other definite is Derfel: anybody know if he needs a bed too? And LE, you're only 'possible' right now, yes?

Archived