Edinburgh!

Anubiel

I think the plan is to do a group booking in a hostel

This is the plan if there are maybe four or more people, because then we can get a room to ourselves (I'll be up for it, and happy to arrange things if so).

I think I am going to want a hostel bed friday and saturday nights. I busted the back corner of my van ( including lights ), reversing into a stone wall cunningly disguised as a hedge :pirate:

eta - my friend Brian has still not gotten over licking the bunny - although recovered from his 4 day hospital stint - he still trmbles slightly and gets a look of fear in his eye when the " DB " word is mentioned - all true.

Any emergencies and one or two people could sleep at our place.

If there's a critical mass of people though, these things do work better though when most people are staying together, rather than scattered across various flats in the city.

And so, what are people wanting to do this time? It's Anubiel's trip so what are your priorities and how long are you here? Tick the boxes

Night Time Drinking

Day Time Drinking

The Castle

Arthur's Arse and the Crags (aka Barry's Crack)

National Museum of Scotland

Walk down Royal Mile

Strip-club

If anyone fancies it, there is a ceildh on at the Assembly Rooms on the Friday night? Similar format i guess to the one we went to for Burns Night 2 years ago - £8-10 a ticket?

I have two friends in tow, so even though I'm there from Thursday to early Sunday, I sort of have to do stuff with them for some of that time. BUT! I'm all for

Night Time drinking on Friday

Night Time drinking on Saturday

We were planning on seeing the Castle anyway, so if others want to do that, I might persuade my friends to tag along.

Other then that, I don't know... I'm willing to ditch my friends on Saturday if that means spectacular fun with you lot. :P

CEILIDH!

Come to Dun Eidean! Fling fellow BwBers across the room! Get blazing drunk and see Mo make a fool of herself to scottish music! You know you want to come. Dancing is teh awesome, and a BwB-only set is the most hilarious thing ever.

Ticking the Arthur's Seat box (drinking is, I believe, mandatory in Scotland) - I'm looking forward for a reprise of the 'ruining my coat and seeing someone else beat me to that' experience.

I can bring a spare pair of dancing shoes to the ceilidh. Not that that was necessary for a ceilidh, but still.

Also, anyone up for a stroll down tourist lane? I still need an affordable black watch kilt.

I make it five people looking for a hostel bed so far... we have options of an 8 bed dorm or a four bed room. Now, I'm assuming Mult needs a bed too, anyone know? Mo, are you staying with ten? We need to move quickly if we want to grab the room we need...

ETA - in fact, to be on the safe side I've booked five beds provisionally for both nights. If we need more I'll add them to the booking.

Well if we do the Ceildh you HAVE to bring your friends to that.

Have you told them yet that you are meeting 'internet' people? :P

Oh, yes. I have told them. I also added that the scary internet people have an unnatural interest in furries and possibly the ability to drink Edinburgh dry. :P

After some intense googling, I can say that this Ceildh (Céilidh?) thingy sounds interesting. But only as long as the dancing in no way includes me. I'll ask the others what they think.. As for me. I can pretend that I have no free will, you can drag me along to do just about anything. Except dancing. :leaving:

After some intense googling, I can say that this Ceildh (Céilidh?) thingy sounds interesting. But only as long as the dancing in no way includes me. I'll ask the others what they think.. As for me. I can pretend that I have no free will, you can drag me along to do just about anything. Except dancing.

a wise attitude to take! I consider Ceilidh dancing to be one of the most dangerous activities ever invented!

Archived