GOODKIND XXIX: BRING ON THE STUPID

Myshkin

Can someone explain the whole "Lemming" and "Lemming of discord" thing to me? I'm curious. Thanks.

I'm tempted to sign up as Ivanova or Irina to see what'll happen, but I kind of count this as trolling and don't much like doing that. In fact, I never do.

Can someone explain the whole "Lemming" and "Lemming of discord" thing to me? I'm curious. Thanks.

*sigh* If I have to explain it you just don't get it and you won't no matter how many times I try, stupid person you. Actually, it's just what we anti-Yeardites call ourselves. Either Mytard or the Yeard (sometimes it's hard to separate the two) used the term for people who didn't agree with him. If it was Mytard who started using the term there's a pretty good chance it was directed at us specifically. In any case, I joined after the Church of Discordant Lemmings was well established. Someone else can give you specifics.

I'm tempted to sign up as Ivanova or Irina to see what'll happen

As long as you pretend that you're also blonde with big boobs and a propensity for wearing leather they'll probably be ok.

Isn't that a classic cult thing?

I'm not saying they are a cult, mind you.

I'm just saying that the banning of all and sundry who voice any dissenting opinions reinforces my prejudices against people who like the Sword Of Truth...

oh, they're cultish all right.

Isn't that a classic cult thing?

You know, the irrational fear of dissenting opinion. Where it is not sufficient to debate it, or even shout it down. It must not be heard at all, less it harms the purity of the true believers.

So the cult turns introvert to avoid being polluted by the outer world.

I'm not saying they are a cult, mind you.

I'm just saying that the banning of all and sundry who voice any dissenting opinions reinforces my prejudices against people who like the Sword Of Truth...

Mystar used the terms 'they hate the truth' when talking about people who disagree with him. As far as I'm concerned, that makes them a cult.

Also, Mystar sent Pat a letter once calling him a lemming of discord. I think he had or possibly still has 'the original lemming of discord' as his custom title.

Mystar used the terms 'they hate the truth' when talking about people who disagree with him. As far as I'm concerned, that makes them a cult.

Also, Mystar sent Pat a letter once calling him a lemming of discord. I think he had or possibly still has 'the original lemming of discord' as his custom title.

Here's an excerpt from that letter to Pat:

These poor pathetic people have no clue as to anything Goodkind is writing about. Faith of the Fallen in any poll out there is always 9 out of 10 top favorite of the series. That you and these lemmings of discord find it reprehensive is telling indeed. Telling everyone that you indeed have missed the whole point of the book as well as the series. No wonder you cannot tell good literature from mindless drivel. These people of Westros et al. read a paragraph, them proceed to eliminate anything they do not want to be there, and instead focus on only what they wish to see.

These poor pathetic people have no clue as to anything Goodkind is writing about. Faith of the Fallen in any poll out there is always 9 out of 10 top favorite of the series. That you and these lemmings of discord find it reprehensive is telling indeed. Telling everyone that you indeed have missed the whole point of the book as well as the series. No wonder you cannot tell good literature from mindless drivel. These people of Westros et al. read a paragraph, them proceed to eliminate anything they do not want to be there, and instead focus on only what they wish to see.

Note that this is one of the major uses of imaginary numbers to win an argument. The other being 9/10 Europeans want to move to 'Merica and eat Tex-Mex. I find both 100% convincing.

Haha yeah, his 9/10 stat is similar to Goodkind thinking that the majority of his fans are objectivist nutters and not fantasy readers. They get their stats from the tiny percentage of people keen enough to actually go to the 'Gatherings', contact the author and post on Goodkind message boards. The average people who just grab the next book in the series, read it, and move on with their lives can never be part of their little surveys.

I'm tempted to sign up as Ivanova or Irina to see what'll happen, but I kind of count this as trolling and don't much like doing that. In fact, I never do.

If you sign up using a name that sounds even vaguely Russian you will be banned immediately. Sorry.

ETA: Just went over to check out the happenings on the net and I got this message:

Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here

Mystar, if you're listening, why are you so afraid of me?

Note that this is one of the major uses of imaginary numbers to win an argument. The other being 9/10 Europeans want to move to 'Merica and eat Tex-Mex. I find both 100% convincing.

Then, of course, there's 4/5 dentists surveyed recommend barbed, namble cocks for yearded authors whe spend their spare time behind gloryholes.

Crap. Mega crap :| I signed up on yeard forum just to see how long will take for them to ban me (comfortably sitting at zero posts with name that basicly screams "ban me!" - click me). And them I started reading few threads (how goes that old one: curiosity killed the cat?) and now I pray for amnesia! Please, someone kick me on the jaw or rip my spine out, anything. I need some way to forget those horrors. Yeard is horrible, but his worshippers are 100x worse :ack:

Gods that's a classic. :lol:

Crap. Mega crap :| I signed up on yeard forum just to see how long will take for them to ban me (comfortably sitting at zero posts with name that basicly screams "ban me!" - click me). And them I started reading few threads (how goes that old one: curiosity killed the cat?) and now I pray for amnesia! Please, someone kick me on the jaw or rip my spine out, anything. I need some way to forget those horrors. Yeard is horrible, but his worshippers are 100x worse :ack:

AHHHHHHHHH! That was my idea! HA!

And fine idea that was... I was brutally silenced before I had a chance to write a single word against "teh Truth" ;)

Generic_Russian_Name R.I.P.

Is that enough to become full time member of Church of Lemmings? See how yeardites are afraid of me :P

Nah. Someone's just watching this thread (among others to be sure) and using it against ya'll. Simple Vulcan logic. :P

Crap. Mega crap :| I signed up on yeard forum just to see how long will take for them to ban me (comfortably sitting at zero posts with name that basicly screams "ban me!" - click me).

Nice, very nice.

And them I started reading few threads (how goes that old one: curiosity killed the cat?) and now I pray for amnesia! Please, someone kick me on the jaw or rip my spine out, anything. I need some way to forget those horrors.

*Kicks Nex's jaw with Steel-toed Boot*

The first one's on the house, next time I'll have to charge for services. Now have some brain bleach and a nice bottle of vodka.

Careful for the incessant registering, guys. It's still their sandbox (creepy as it may be) and if they don't want us in, all the new log ins might be considered impolite, or dare I say it, offensive.

And hell, with no real way to get new waves (*snort*) of regular contributers, ya'll are probably pretty obvious at this point. :P

Yeah, the only time they're likely to get any significant number of new members at once (for a narrow definition of significant) is when new books come out and are plastered all over the shelves. Wait a month and they'll probably stop auto-banning every new member... though I suspect that Myshkin has made them permanently leery of Russian names.

On that note, who's up for printing up a bunch of warning labels and sticking them to the inside cover of copies of Confessor once it comes out in order to warn away hapless innocents?

On that note, who's up for printing up a bunch of warning labels and sticking them to the inside cover of copies of Confessor once it comes out in order to warn away hapless innocents?

Too much work. I'm just gonna wipe boogers on every copy I see.

Archived