GOODKIND XXIX: BRING ON THE STUPID

Myshkin

Like many I bought the first few Goodkind books. I remember reading the first one when I was thirteen and not knowing any better I enjoyed it. When I turned sixteen I bought the first book, hoping it would still be as enjoyable the second time around. I couldn't get past the first three pages. What a pile of cliched horseshit those first three pages are. It is a clear indication of a bad series. Even Eragon's opening had more originality in it then Wizard's First Rule.

The horrible thing, his series continued to get worse as it progressed. I never got passed book four, after Richard had pretty much over thrown democracy in the name of his mind-fucked philosophy. Richard Rahl is one of the most monstrous villains to ever grace the pages of a fantasy novel. His actions, even the way he thinks, is an idication of a psychotic mind set. I wonder Goodkind realsizes he created the fantasy equation of Adolf Hitler, then set him up as a protagonist. Sich a disturbing, chilling character from the pen of someone I believe to be a disturbing, chilling man.

actually, in book 5 democracy is truly discussed.

Here is my biggest problem with Objectivism as the Yeard puts it.

"Each person should think for themselves, but if a lot of people agree that something is right, then a single person should think for everyone and show them how wrong they truly are"

Or something like that.

And say what you must about Adolf, he was STILL a dog lover.

Just making a point.

I don't know what it is.

Dogs have noses, I guess.

EDIT- I think you're new to our charity-giving democratically-electing system of jews who are just overreacting and don't get it (are those all of the things Yeard doesn't like?), and if you are, welcome.

I hope you enjoy the prelude to madness. (Prelude to Madness sounds so cool. Yes, I need sleep desperately)

Has anyone else read it? Or did I miss that discussion in one of the twenty eight other Goodkind topics?

*raises hand*

I've discussed my problems with that a few threads back. The whole thing about Richard's parentage just confused me, and that book was the reason behind it. My head hirt trying to figure that one out.

*raises hand*

I've discussed my problems with that a few threads back. The whole thing about Richard's parentage just confused me, and that book was the reason behind it. My head hirt trying to figure that one out.

That one? :lol:

I love how the thread's kinda crawled in anticipation of Confessor...I second WM's motion to put a moratorium on the 400 posts until Confessor is released. Call the question.

:P

I don't mean to sound like an idiot but why does everyone refer to Goodkind as the Yeard? I've never, or can't remember, coming across that term before.

On Objectivism. What a pile of horse shit. It's contradictory, self-possessed twaddle created by a disturbed woman who was so damaged by the brutalities that come with life she turned her back on the good things that come with life to devote herself to a self-centered, dangerous philosophical mind set. I prefer Objectivism's rude little brother, Libertarianism, which Ayn Rand always considered a 'soft option'.

But this isn't about Objectivism, it is about the horseshit called the Sword of Truth series.(I love the term horseshit, it fits Goodkind's work so well) What an ironic name considering the actual Sword of Truth found in the series looses its relevance more and more as the series progresses. Or is it supposed to be metaphorical, implying that Richard is the Sword? If it is then it should be called the Sword of Hypocrasy. I guess Goodkind didn't go with this title because the name didn't have the same ring to it.

The thing that really bugs me about Goodkind the most though is for the amount of money he got from Wizard's First Rule, one hundred and fifty thousand dollars for the first book he ever wrote. Lucky bastard, a shame the books don't live up to such hype however.

I don't mean to sound like an idiot but why does everyone refer to Goodkind as the Yeard? I've never, or can't remember, coming across that term before.

Yeard is a term originating in a certain well-respected, honorable person misspelling yard - and the lemmings took it as a reference to The Almighty Tairy himself (see more lemming goodness here). If you are unsure about a term us lemmings use, consult the proper dictionary.

And no, SoT is not horseshit. I resent that allegation in the name of all horses. Since I'm merciful today, you'll be only punished by an almost-rape (though of the namble variety), and I set you a penitence of kicking 12 peace protesters in the jaw.

See, SoT is the father/brother/wife (yes, at the same time) of this monument of stupidity and offensiveness.

I'm sure whelp just sits around and thinks 'Hmm, what Evil shall I do today?'. Kind of like Microsoft, Congress and Tairy rolled into one.

In any case, if there was ever 'SoT: The RPG', that would be it. Painful, pretentious and disgusting at the same time, just like the Yeard.

Oh my gods, Whelp. Did you have to remind me of that disgusting game? :sick:

Yes, I had to. It's been ages since it was last mentioned. Plus it is kind of insightful - that's what happens if you gaze too long at the Yeard. Also, the rebuttal is kind of similar to the typical reactions some of the most rabid fans of SoT produce...

I'm sure whelp just sits around and thinks 'Hmm, what Evil shall I do today?'. Kind of like Microsoft, Congress and Tairy rolled into one.

Thanks, it's great to be appreciated :D

And you've forgotten to add a Nazi super scientist as a sidekick, and a white tomcat (for stroking while hatching devilish plans).

EDIT- I think you're new to our charity-giving democratically-electing system of jews who are just overreacting and don't get it (are those all of the things Yeard doesn't like?), and if you are, welcome.

What?

Tairy dislikes jews?

How have I missed that little gem.

Do we have any kind of evidence?

I guess it would certainly strenghtens the crackpot R.R. == A.H. theory...

What?

Tairy dislikes jews?

How have I missed that little gem.

Do we have any kind of evidence?

I guess it would certainly strenghtens the crackpot R.R. == A.H. theory...

Tairy hates the unknown, and since there are no jews within a four mile radius of his house he cannot help but hate them.

Tairy hates the unknown, and since there are no jews within a four mile radius of his house he cannot help but hate them.

And do not forget the weirdo cultural diversity angle either.

Whelp, I for one thank you for the review link. That was gold.

Gold.

You are welcome. Actually, that link surfaces from time to time (once every 4-5 threads) - imho it's the third best insight into Yeardliness (after the actual forums and the books).

And one should not forget GioG either :D

I meant the more offensive thing, where Rahl is Hitler.

But that is also good.

Also, jews force people to wear hats, thus not allowing them to asser their individuality, or something...

I dunno...

I just have to make him antisemitic too. That'll finish the list.

I think Tairy's antisemitism is hinted at in that atrocity against literature, Soul of the Fire - the Bad Guys (was it Hakens or Anders? I forget) rule the land with the ev0l power of Political Correctness. Part of the way they came to power was through becoming "moneylenders" and being a downtrodden minority, which apparently is choosing death. Quite apart from being totally fucking illogical.

Also, jews force people to wear hats, thus not allowing them to asser their individuality, or something...

I dunno...

I just have to make him antisemitic too. That'll finish the list.

Amish also wear hats. What's Richard's (and Tairy's) opinion on Amish? Are they also a weirdo cultural diversity?

See, SoT is the father/brother/wife (yes, at the same time) of this monument of stupidity and offensiveness.

Transexual incest, eh? SoT knows no bounds. ;)

Oh my gods, Whelp. Did you have to remind me of that disgusting game? :sick:

I know. I completely forgot about that, erased it from my mind, and then...needless to say I was not able to function at work properly, thanks to my sudden lack of brain cells.

Whelp, I for one thank you for the review link. That was gold.

Gold.

I wish someone would write one like that for Confessor. And then that would epic, man. EPIC.

I think Tairy's antisemitism is hinted at in that atrocity against literature, Soul of the Fire - the Bad Guys (was it Hakens or Anders? I forget) rule the land with the ev0l power of Political Correctness. Part of the way they came to power was through becoming "moneylenders" and being a downtrodden minority, which apparently is choosing death. Quite apart from being totally fucking illogical.

Unfortunately, Min, as we all know, logic and Tairy have never been close, and will certainly never be intimate enough to fuck. Unless it's an almost rape. So he goes for illogical instead.

(:leaving:)

They're pacifists, 'nuff said.

Suddenly, I am reminded of the Amish shootout. Could it be possible...?

Amish also wear hats. What's Richard's (and Tairy's) opinion on Amish? Are they also a weirdo cultural diversity?

Eh. It's more of an Almost Weirdo Cultural Diversity. I mean, the don't have their own jibber jabber too, do they? I mean, it's been a while since I watched Witness or Kingpin for that matter...

And no, SoT is not horseshit. I resent that allegation in the name of all horses. Since I'm merciful today, you'll be only punished by an almost-rape (though of the namble variety), and I set you a penitence of kicking 12 peace protesters in the jaw.

I have never heard of this Fatal and the link explaining it on that page isn't working for me. What actually is it?

Archived