GOODKIND XXIX: BRING ON THE STUPID

Myshkin

Hrmm...because I was bored, I thought I'd glance back over at [email protected] and see if that thread that contained that roadkill wish for me had any more comments. But alas, it's been deleted. Gee, I wonder why, especially considering that little rant about Pita is still up? :huh:

Quit whining, they won't even let me sign up for an account anymore.

Aw. Maybe it's the IP address.

This was one of those not so subtle jabs at certain infamous examples of bad NGE fanfiction (see if you can guess the other ones and win a prize). Oh, and I agree that EoE is completely and utterly fucked up. Suddenly, I'm tempted to examine parody potential there and it's scaring me.

I could guess a few. Artisrtic bandage, huh? I think that eye patch of Rei is as iconic as the series itself. XD

They just hate you, DF. You, MM, Myshkin, WLU, Wert and Min anre in the top hit list. Oh, and Pita as well.

She might be my personal favorite out of many interesting and cool characters he's done over the years. Her first appearance in particular was memorable to me.

Now I'm thinking of the image of Gaiman's Death confronting Richard carving that damn statue :P

I could guess a few. Artisrtic bandage, huh? I think that eye patch of Rei is as iconic as the series itself. XD

Everything about Rei is as iconic as the series itself. I think they make more marketing her character than they do in dvd sales. Anyhow, I'd be curious to see how many of them you can guess.

So that's where he got it...

Du Chaillu

To be fair,

Duiker and Tattersail

It's hard to come up with names, which is why Bakker went for all those umlautes and circumflex accents.

Just to be unfair to Yeardii, du Chaillu sounds like a lying douchebag who profited on the suffering of others. Much like the Yeard himself.

In reading such things, I've come to the following conclusion that sums it up very succinctly:

"It's a myst@r thing, you wouldn't understand..." ;) Not that I care to understand either, but just sayin'...

Is there an acutal list? Link please. How did Myshkin get so high?

I'm not gonna choose death by doing something for another person even though it's no actual effort!

They don't have a list.

Myshkin was banned many many more times than I was (an infinite amount, really, unless you include the time I tried joining them with Myshkin as my referrer, to see what'll happen. That got me autobanned)

However, I was only not-banned because I said i'd stopped posting and I told them that it would prove me right if they ban me, ergo, I am ban-proof, because they don't want to think writing might be wrong, because otherwise they might doubt Yeardliness.

And TGists are obviously right winged extremists...

I mean, what fantasy stories (novels are better) have you been reading?

Mystar is ultra-religious crazy guy who esteems god over his wife.

And he accuses Bin Laden and the like for being over extremists.

Anyway, people, I am getting annoyed over school, and I bid you good night.

And Terry is running for president under a different name.

I know I've already pointed it out, but there's a strong correlation there. Most of the TG fans are conservatives, and many are far-right and/or ultra-religious types. Ideology over reality, and all.

What's strange is that from what I've read about objectivism, it contradicts religion. TG and Rand preach about seeing the world for what it is and thinking things through logically, not having blind faith, and there's a lot of religion-bashing in the books. So being ultra Christian and ultra objectivist at the same time has a ring of insanity about it.

A not-quite-hypothetical question:

Would you read a book that has this as a blurb:

That's on the new one? It's almost identical to the first book by Britain, Green Rider, which I didn't know about TG and his blurb on the front of the cover when I bought it. It was okay. Not great. I don't think it was meant to be O'ist...but I didn't have much interst in reading book two, First Rider's Call...ah well. Good to see that the fine people at DAW believe in recycling...

Archived