Sarah Conner Chronicles

SwordoftheMorning

I hope my hot terminator summer glau will be back...seems so. Also from previews, looks like they are gonna make John Connor a bit more of a bad-ass, which is needed. In the movies and the show so far, they always portray John as kind of a light-weight- yet he is supposed to be the savior of mankind? Let him show some balls please!

I'm all for progression. It'd be lame for him to be badass without learning how to be badass. I think given his most recent experiences and the ones to come, he'll get molded into that savior.

I am so watching this tonight... And yeah, I really hope that the show won't suffer because of its timeslot. It was the bubble for a (frustratingly) long while, and now it needs all the viewers it can get.

Missed it. Ah, well. Probably be on Hulu soon. I'll start DVRing.

I was surprised that I actually liked this show when I watched it last year. I've never really had high expectations for it, which will probably make a big difference in how I view its second season.

Loved that first ep. I thought that

SPOILER: Cameron
came back to the "light side" a bit too easily, but I can understand they didn't want that chase to go on several eps, especially with Cromartie also hunting them.

Also, I was a bit iffy on the

SPOILER: evil hot executive
until she was revealed in the last scene to be a freaking T-1000! Really bad news for Connor's team if they intend to keep going after the Turk and Skynet. Cameron has been shown to be about equal to other Terminators, but the T-1000 in T2 kicked Arnold's ass. And, from the preview of the next ep, it looks like this new T-1000 is going to hire Ellison.

Anyway, I enjoyed practically the entire episode, and that last scene was delicious frosting on the cake. :)

SPOILER: Regarding the "evil hot executive" (that's Shirley Manson, lead singer of Garbage, btw)
I somehow get the feeling that she's not quite like the T-1000 in the original film. I think she's gone off her programming and is mostly serving her own needs - that her own needs will still create Skynet and the future still serves her needs so that she gets created in the first place, but her little speech about machines that will "cross against the light" and then Cameron later choosing to go against her programming, it just seems like they are setting up a theme for the season. Mostly, I liked it, I think it was a good, big and well done first episode.

Brudewollen;

SPOILER: Shirley Manson's character
Interesting speculation, and good catch about "crossing against the light." Certainly she seems more socially adept than the first T-1000 and even Cameron. I had no clue she was a Terminator until she coalesced from liquid to solid, whereas all the others always look at least a little stiff. And the snippet from next week's ep with her and Ellison was admittedly very brief, but I don't think she wants to hire him to go after Connor.

Wouldn't that be ironic, Skynet a hostage to one of its own most sophisticated creations?

I enjoyed last night's episode quite a bit. Cameron's pleas were certainly heart wrenching. I thought John seemed to be getting much tougher in this episode than he showed last season. The big spoiler at the end with the urinal was fantastic! (Honestly... how many TV shows have a spoiler with a urinal?!!?)

All in all, I think there was sufficient character development set up in this episode to allay some of the concerns that nay-sayers had about the show last season.

Quality stuff.

I enjoyed last night's episode quite a bit. Cameron's pleas were certainly heart wrenching. I thought John seemed to be getting much tougher in this episode than he showed last season. The big spoiler at the end with the urinal was fantastic! (Honestly... how many TV shows have a spoiler with a urinal?!!?)

All in all, I think there was sufficient character development set up in this episode to allay some of the concerns that nay-sayers had about the show last season.

Quality stuff.

I am in general agreement except I have some problems with the "no sound but song" scenes. I thought it worked well enough with Johnny Cash's song in the season finale but starting the season opener with the same gimmick was a little too much.

Was it wrong that I found the urinal scene funny?

I am in general agreement except I have some problems with the "no sound but song" scenes. I thought it worked well enough with Johnny Cash's song in the season finale but starting the season opener with the same gimmick was a little too much.

I guess I can see that... but I guess it has been several months since I saw the finale, so I kind of forgot the closing scene.

Was it wrong that I found the urinal scene funny?

I see no problem with it, I laughed as well.

Dunno why that's a problem. If you can tell a story purely visually, then that's actually very effective cinematic storytelling. I'm all for it when it can be done well and I liked the opening sequence. Film is unlike theater or books in that you can tell a story just with visuals if you want. Too often this is forgotten, though. I'm all for doing more of this whenver possible.

I may have missed this due to DVR fast fowarding, but how did Sarah kill the blonde guy during the opening sequence?

SPOILER: Blonde Guy Death
I was on the phone during the closing conversation between John and Sarah in the episode, but I just kind of assumed that John killed the guy. He was trying to free his hands. I know that the death was not shown on camera.

SPOILER: Blonde Guy Death
I was on the phone during the closing conversation between John and Sarah in the episode, but I just kind of assumed that John killed the guy. He was trying to free his hands. I know that the death was not shown on camera.

I think he did too which is why there was that whole "this happened and we can't change it" speech.

I liked the episode a lot and I loved the fact that John dropped the emo look and is becoming a badass. Yay for character arcs!

The show amazes me with its ability to be good despite having a lot stacked up against it.

It's a spin off show, arriving about 12 years too late, it performed some wacky time jump to get the continuity into the present, it features Brian Austin Green, it relies on special effects, and it's on Fox.

Yet somehow, it totally works. Before I watched last night's episode, I wondered if I'd bother with it this season. Now I'm psyched to see where they go next with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Another decent episode last night. A lot of it did feel contrived, but I really felt like John took it personally that someone basically died directly because of him. I'm also curious just what exactly they are doing with Cameron's character. She really does seem to be developing some human emotions.

Speaking of Cameron, next week's episode looks like it could really be fantastic. It would appear that the human that she is modeled on will play a significant role.

Yeah, I'm also really looking forward to next week's ep. Now if only the series' ratings could go up a little... :(

Having it on against Monday Night Football and now Heroes is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Then again... it is Fox we're talking about... :unsure:

Archived