Sarah Conner Chronicles

SwordoftheMorning

The current John is a bit too angsty. One would think he'd have been trained enough to take orders and not whine about his lack of playtime outside. The plot needs to move forward, though, so I see his actions continuing in the same route.

I'd be whiny if I was in his same situation too. He had a few years of relative peace where he had the freedom to do what he wanted. Imagine that taken away from you where all you do is sit inside and stare at the wall. You'd whine too.

I'd be whiny if I was in his same situation too. He had a few years of relative peace where he had the freedom to do what he wanted. Imagine that taken away from you where all you do is sit inside and stare at the wall. You'd whine too.

I would also remember a robot trying to kill me the last time I went outside.

I need to start telling every robot I meet about my favorite bedtime stories from when I was a youngun. (This only makes sense if those two are boning in the future.)

And then I need to disassemble a gun and put the parts in various safety deposit boxes, right next to the time machine that you can't take guns through. Seal me in!

I need to start telling every robot I meet about my favorite bedtime stories from when I was a youngun. (This only makes sense if those two are boning in the future.)

And then I need to disassemble a gun and put the parts in various safety deposit boxes, right next to the time machine that you can't take guns through. Seal me in!

The point is that if they had to use the time machine, there might be something after them. So they prepared for the worst. God forbid someone exhibits a little foresight.

I don't understand while Resistance Fighters who can expect Terminators any time, carry nothing bigger than a pistol. You think that would have one of this lightning guns or something with a bigger dakka.

I'd have an anti-tank rifle trained on the door.

Also what goods a shotgun against a cyborg.

Yes why don't they just grab a cow. Ram some plasma rifles up its arse and send it back.

Or take one apart and surgical implant the pieces underneath someones skin. If you can send multiple people back only need 1 piece per person.

Pretty dreadful episode tonight - all the high school angst stuff was downright painful to watch. This is "Terminator" for crying out loud! Although I was mildly surprised that they had the girl go ahead and jump - but still this kind of crap does not belong in Terminator.

This version of Sarah Connor is moving more and more away from the hard-ass we see in T2. And why all of a sudden is the "good" Terminator so horrible at acting like a real human, when she was able to act "normal" in the pilot episode in order to fool John?

This version of Sarah Connor is moving more and more away from the hard-ass we see in T2. And why all of a sudden is the "good" Terminator so horrible at acting like a real human, when she was able to act "normal" in the pilot episode in order to fool John?

I don't know about that. I think she's actually building pretty well off the Sarah Connor from the end of T2. She was ready to kill Dyson in the movie, but ended up sparing him. Similar dilemma played out tonight with all the Manhattan Project talk. I especially liked the dream sequence to kick off the episode where she killed the entire Manhattan team... only for them to stand up as Terminators.

I gotta admit... I had low expectations coming into this series, and I have ended up enjoying it. I did find myself wondering the same thing about the female Terminator in regards to how human she was in the first episode vs now.

Pretty dreadful episode tonight - all the high school angst stuff was downright painful to watch.

This is what I was afraid the show would devolve into before it ever aired. Guess I had it partly right. Bah. Dawson's Creek: The Cyborg years.

I don't know about that. I think she's actually building pretty well off the Sarah Connor from the end of T2. She was ready to kill Dyson in the movie, but ended up sparing him. Similar dilemma played out tonight with all the Manhattan Project talk. I especially liked the dream sequence to kick off the episode where she killed the entire Manhattan team... only for them to stand up as Terminators.

I gotta admit... I had low expectations coming into this series, and I have ended up enjoying it. I did find myself wondering the same thing about the female Terminator in regards to how human she was in the first episode vs now.

I kind of feel the same way. It's light entertainment to have on in the background while I'm playing poker, as it doesn't require too much of my brainpower and is at least nominally entertaining. If I felt the desire to take the piss out of it, I've no doubt it would be easy, but there's something about a pseudo-serious sci-fi action show that makes me want to kind of like it.

I'm not just watching because I have a horrible, unhealthy crush on Summer Glau. Really.

I'm not just watching because I have a horrible, unhealthy crush on Summer Glau. Really.

See, I like Lena Headey :drool:

Anyway, I'm entertained. There are problems with the show but I mean, what show doesn't this early? It's entertaining and that's all I care about at this point.

I'm going to go ahead and say this will definitely be a storyline of some sort. She already said she's a new kind of model. Maybe they made one with more feelings or something. Who knows.

Flayed Woman suggested last night that the model was called the "Vag-matic 3000." New, improved, and...errr.... fully functional.

Liked the pilot, steep drop-off since. Action has fairly high production values, dialogue blows, relies on characters' selective stupidity a la Heroes. Also, annoying Windows Vista advertising.

Overall, enough to watch for now in the hope it will improve, but not past another 2-3 episodes.

Archived