Galway Eurocommie Meet 25-27 April!

Werthead

Prolly because it's actually not in the UK :P

May is often the nicest month in Ireland but the last two years have been completely screwed, weatherwise. We had no summer at all last year for a start. Which, you'll all agree, sucks.

I've just been reading through the thread. Pod, I assume the Sleepzone booking is in your name? As I seem to be the first of those of us staying there to arrive, it may be necessary for me to know this.

Yup. Its under my name. If you have my email address, you should know my full name. :)

May is often the nicest month in Ireland but the last two years have been completely screwed, weatherwise. We had no summer at all last year for a start. Which, you'll all agree, sucks.

why yes, it did suck muchly... wish I could post the pics of us running the barge thru rainy lakes... this year I'm taking the good rain coat and the rain pants.

Parris, I really hope we get a summer this season, just to remember what dry and warm feels like :P

The meteorologists three-month forecast estimates about half a degree above average. This isn't very reliable, and don't say anything about rainfall and sun, but half a degree above average for the next three months must surely beat last years 'summer'. Bit annoying how fine the weather was in Northern Norway when I didn't spend any time there.

He's just playing tough scottish lad :rolleyes:

pod: If I see one more bale of half-rotten hay I'm going to scream. Some things aren't funny. If it goes that way again, we're in deep shit because we'll have nothing to feed horses with next year.

I know it did, but the temperature was nice and mild so according to my definitions that counts as good weather. :P

It was nice, romantic weather for pigeons, certainly :D

Anybody has TMT's number? Can't have a meet without that waster.

The last time I heard from TMT was just before Christmas. I'd imagine that if he hasn't been in here saying he's coming, then he's not coming. Not a huge shock as he hasn't been online in quite sometime.

Next time I speak to him I'll let him know he's missed ;)

N

Reading Gorman's book American Unchained now and it is absolutely hilarious. I think I may head along to the reading/launch on the Sunday afternoon. Anyone else fancy it? I think our numbers will be pretty thinned out by then.

As already related on LJ, Ser Mel T can't make it :( However, she has demanded pictures and reports of the mayhem!

As already related on LJ, Ser Mel T can't make it :( However, she has demanded pictures and reports of the mayhem!

What???

10 minutes after I started on my first ever real job, I asked to get two days off to go get drunk in Ireland. No problems there. Gotta love the Norwegian government

Talking about offers you can't refuse!

That cold/virus she had last week took a turn for the nasty and the doctor proscribed a week in bed (owch!). She was gutted, obviously. We must therefore party harder to make up the difference!

Re: weather. I just found out that GoogleEarth now has real-time weather tracking on it. After geeking out about that for a few minutes, I used my amateur meteorologist skills to confirm that, indeed, a massive green blob is approaching the Galway area. I have absolutely no idea WTF this means. However, it is cloudy outside and raining. Michael Fish, eat your heart out.

Re: weather. I just found out that GoogleEarth now has real-time weather tracking on it. After geeking out about that for a few minutes, I used my amateur meteorologist skills to confirm that, indeed, a massive green blob is approaching the Galway area. I have absolutely no idea WTF this means. However, it is cloudy outside and raining. Michael Fish, eat your heart out.

Over the past couple of days BBC weather website has successively changed the prediction for Friday from showers to sun to heavy rain to (now) light rain. The TV weather did have the rather worrying prediction of a large band of rain apparently getting stuck over Ireland and Scotland at the weekend.

Archived