GOODKIND XXXIV: It's spreading!

Myshkin

Try using "I CAN believe it's not butter because I do not close my eyes to the truths of reality".

Damn you got it there, Mysh. "I CAN believe I'd buy this product." Now that is a marketing tag line if I've ever heard one. :P

:lol:

I'm sure there'd be scope for the Yeard sticking some sneaky product placement for our new spread in his next Important Work of Literature. It's a classic illustration of the First Rule - we only believe it's butter because we wish it to be true, or because we fear it to be true. The light of Richard will open our eyes to the Truth! And so yet another nation of death-choosers is converted to the cause, in equally unlikely circumstances.

As this appears to be an entirely new thread, I consider it of the most moral importance to remind each and every one of you that: Goodkind is a truely remarkable writer - one who has decided to bear the necessary burden of spreading truth through the form of the novel; these novels (need I say it again) are complexly engaging and concerned, primarily, with the exploration and identification of important human themes. A generous singularity is he indeed (for our time and age); Goodkind.

That is all for now, gentleman.

Quis nunc te adibit?

[sarcasm hat]Now I am converted[/sarcasm hat]

I'm sorry, but none of us care for Goodkind's morals. In fact, most of us (I speak for others because I deny your singularity. Especially Min's.) find it repugnant. I believe the exploration and identification of human themes, as you have put it, is much better told by authors more dead than Terry, such as Dostoevski and Tolstoy, as well as (to a very slight degree and only to a very strange perspective) Tolkein.

And I don't know latin, so I am completely lost with your last sentence.

And I like your sig.

Possibly he means a singularity as in black hole, sucking all the logic out of the world. The Shining Enigma has to be a spoof; surely no-one could say that with a straight face? Important Human Themes? Really?

Mystar said it with many straight faces.

Enigma could be Mystar in a nicer disguise.

I don't believe he's a spoof, because no spoof would go this far. Unless he's completely insane, and then I'm gonna feel like an idiot.

Tell me these tales of a TV show aren't true! I must confess, I fed the yeard. I could not stop reading them. I could no longer abide them however, so I quickly donated them, without even bothering to read the last two. I just can't stand the thought of leaving something unfiniished, but something had to give.

How does one become a lemming of discord? if there is an initiation that involves almost rape, then I don't want any part of it.

How does one become a lemming of discord? if there is an initiation that involves almost rape, then I don't want any part of it.

You must send me $10,000 dollars and a good recipe for delicious buttery spread. Do these things and I will make you a Lemming.

(Seriously though, to become a Lemming all you have to do hate Goodkind and/or his works and promise never to feed the Yeard.)

It's too late, I think. You posted in this thread, and hate Tairy and his writing. Thus, you are a Lemming of Discord.

And don't worry about the almost-rape. You already had the real thing done to you by the Sword of Truth. The books. I meant the books. :unsure:

Tell me these tales of a TV show aren't true! I must confess, I fed the yeard. I could not stop reading them. I could no longer abide them however, so I quickly donated them, without even bothering to read the last two. I just can't stand the thought of leaving something unfiniished, but something had to give.

It is True!

The only advantage is that some hack studio writers will be incapable of butchering it, and some hack studio executive will not be able to ruin the plot by running the episodes out of order.

Archived