Newcomb, Episode 3

Daedalus V2.0

Man, reading through that thread on Newcomb's site was fucking fascinating. Most of the fans where enraged that Del Rey would "shirk its social duty" by dropping the Comb. They felt that Del Rey "owed" it to them and the Comb to continue publishing his crap books until the series was finished, regardless of whether or not it hemorrhaging money. And as far as I can tell, there was no end in sight to this shit series. There is even talk of protest demonstrations against Del Rey, or organizing some kind of "global" event to capture the attention of the news media. Like I said, fucking fascinating.

There is even talk of protest demonstrations against Del Rey, or organizing some kind of "global" event to capture the attention of the news media. Like I said, fucking fascinating.

I doubt they have the numbers to pull this off (or at least I fervently hope they do NOT have the numbers for this).

I doubt they have the numbers to pull this off (or at least I fervently hope they do NOT have the numbers for this).

That's why it's so fucking fascinating. I think Comb fanboyz might be even more deluded than Yeard fanboyz.

Oh, Wolf Maid, which review?

This review:

Kenneth Eng is an author for our times, and "Dragons: Lexicon Triumverate" is a novel for our times. Concerned with heady concepts like the nature of reality, logical evolution, and how dragons are totally wicked sweet, Eng's book is a tour-de-force of barely-constrained fetishism, and an observant reader can imagine precisely when Eng's hands left the keyboard to begin frenetically masturbating over his own furious fantasies of being a mighty scaled warlord and totally slaughtering tons of humans. Basically what you wind up with is a fantasy novel as penned by your average MySpace user; disjointed, full of ridiculous concepts and pseudo-intellectual rhetoric, all wrapped up in a tight bundle of self-righteousness and topped off with a delicious cherry of incoherence.

I've seen heavy metal album covers that had more substance.

-hx

If Newcomb had legions of fanboys, his series wouldn't have gotten the axe.

Given all the bad news about authors having financial difficulties these days, it's gratifying to hear about one who actually earned his misfortune. Petty of me, I know, but I can't help it. The free market works (and how's that for irony)!

So, since this thread got necro'ed... when are we getting the rest of the chapter summaries?

Archived