BWB Burns Night

needle

The hangovers were indeed brutal, but its the lack of sleep that has me still like a zombie.

A very quick report - Arrived friday in Glasgow and met GoN, John and Zoollo. Went to see Jarhead and then began drinking! :) At various stages, Daj, Filippa (houdini sklep) and Mo joined us and we then headed over to Edinburgh to meet the rest. The night is a wee bit of a haze as I had no sleep and much lager! I do remember the pig and bear masks making an appearance and getting very upset at some lady because she said she prefered the bear. :( I got proper fit shaced (known in BwB circles as 'doing an Aoife' :P ) and ended up in a food emporium at about 5ish with Barry, Needle and John.

Saturday I had the scithers for most of the day! We were joined by the sexy Pod :kiss: and the lovely Tenalpia and Sophie. I passed on the fuck off hill climbing and was sorry I didn't go because Barry went arse over tit TWICE! :D

The ceilidh was absolutely fantastic and apart from nearly killing some young lady went without any major injuries. Have to thank Ms Zak for being brave enough to do a couples dance with me!

It was then back to gobshites Zaks for a viewing of the great 'Team America' and then back to the hostel.

Had an amazing weekend and am getting emo now, as I miss everyone already . :cry:

Probably missed loads, but I will add or subtract depending on how much I remember ;)

:rofl::lol:

yes. YES! this is the kind of report I was expecting. Crying alcohol tears, hazy memories, instances of mortal peril (arse over tit, you say? I wish I could've seen it), and bear-based belligerence. It cannot be reported in the light of day, but by those still suffering from the event itself. Daj and Ser Sean, I salute you. Now go kip in the corner and I hope you recover well soon.

Um, not much to add to Sean's report... I got into Edinburgh at six on Friday, started drinking with Zak immediately. We got a three-pint lead on the rest then headed for the hostel (IIRC) to meet up and dump my bags, then the Malt Shovel for more drinks, then a Czech bar (no, I dunno either, a mate suggested it to me and it opened until 3am and that was all that mattered). I think the earliest anyone went to bed was about 5am. Which seemed to upset some of the other hostel residents. :blush:

We slept rather late. :P and had a hearty breakfast.

(Incidentally I know the idea was to eat haggis, but it really was not necessary to eat it at every meal. :P Haggis for breakfast, haggis for lunch, haggis burgers, fried haggis... :rofl: )

Saturday we did the tourist thing for a while: the Royal Mile (OK, the pubs on the Mile :P) was followed by a trip to Arthur's Seat and the crags, by way of the Scottish Parliament (we didn't have time to go into the Parliament or the whole way up Arthur's Seat, sadly). IIRC, Pod, myself, Sophelia, Zak, Ser Vestrit, Ser Barry, Zollo, Filippa and mo were the intrepid hillwalkers, everyone else warmed themselves in the pub and ate fudge. I got an unrivalled view of both Barry's pratfalls and it would have taken a heart of stone not to laugh. :P But my camera battery was flat so no evidence to show around.

We had a few drinks to warm ourselves then split up for dinner, meeting up at the ceilidh at 8. You haven't lived, my friends, until you've seen the BwB dance an eightsome reel or Strip the Willow (insert obligatory jokes about willo, Happy Ent, or plankies here, I can't be bothered. ;)) Wild and wonderful. Enthusiasm aplenty, if lacking in the finer points. Nobody actually died, but at one point someone was spun right out of the actual dance hall... (was it Chal or Flip? I can't remember. Brain failing...) Ms Vestrit and Ms Zak were exceptions to our rule, being excellent dancers and kind enough to risk a turn with me despite the heavy boots.

Anyway, I headed home early being unable to face the walk to and from Zak's. But I got to see Team America this afternoon instead.

Departure schedules and transport screwed up the North Berwick plan so we occupied a pub instead and set the world to rights over a pint and some food, before heading back to Zak's for the long goodbye... people left gradually until at last I had to go brave the journey back to Fife.

In total I think the following were in attendance at one point or another:

Ser Vestrit & Ms

Zakalwe & Ms

Me

Needle

john

Ser Sean

Ser Barry

Padraig

morair sneachd

Filippa

Sophelia

tenalpia

Zollo

dajamieson & GoN

Chal & beerbitch

Sadly needle's friends and Bran couldn't make it. Special mention to john who stuck it out despite feeling ill but had to give up and go home before the ceilidh. Hope you're feeling better john. :)

Photos to follow tomorrow, but alas I only have Friday night pics...

Sorry for not saying bye to you properly, Ten. I thought you were going to the ceilidh. :cry:

That's ok Ser Sean - you can make up for it next time we meet :D Sounds like the ceilidh was a laugh - wish I could have been there... So where is all that girlie gossip - come on girls we need a report from the female perspective :P

Photos to follow tomorrow, but alas I only have Friday night pics...

and this is all we need.

Okay, first of all, thanks to Zak and Ms Zak for putting us up. They have a really great place with a really hot shower. I wanna live with them.

I had a really great time. It was fun meeting mo, Ser V and Ms. V, Ms Zak and tenalpia for the first time.

The dancing was awesome. Well, to be honest, it was a nightmare, and Barry was tossing me around the room like I was some sort of um... tossing thing..., and I still have bruises on my arms :P but other than that, it was great :D

Team America is now my favouritest movie ever.

The little bit I saw of Team America broke me - absolutely broke me.

The weekend was so very epic.

The hangovers were legendary. I'll write more when coherency returns :P

N

The others have said most of it so here’s a few highlights:

- Ser Barry going arse over twice on Arthur’s Seat

- The eightsome reel at the ceilidh – has any dance ever been so successfully massacred?

- Flip somehow surviving the treatment she got on the dance floor

- Team America. I think Ms V is already getting sick of me walking around the flat singing ‘America, fuck yeah’…

- The barman hugging Ser Barry and saying ‘I love my teddy bear’ (goddam c*ck-sucking bear…)

- Zak and needle showing that a Night’s Watch t-shirt looks cool with a kilt.

I’d write more, but too many funny jokes and comments to list here

Sorry to John that he had to go early. Hope you’re feeling better mate. Tenalpia, sorry you missed the ceilidh, it was got to see you again on Saturday.

Chal, sorry for the bruises. Ser Barry got me back for you though

It was damn cool to meet lots of people I’ve been looking forward to meeting for a while and great to see the others again.

Flip, glad to hear your family weren't affected

Fantastic weekend as always. Great to see the bwb meets becoming so regular

I only got a dozen or so photos on a non-digi camera. I'll try and get them developed and scanned this week.

Don't want to be at work today. Mixture of remaining hangover and square-eyes from playing Halo 2 with Zollo for 6 hours straight last night.

Archived