Hey San Francisco!

Guest Raidne

Guest Domaine Raidneé
I'll be out visiting SF in April - anybody up for meeting up at a bar Thursday night on April 10th? If that doesn't work for anybody, I can come up with other times/dates, but my schedule's a little more restricted the other days I'm there.

Also, I have no idea where to go, but I'm staying at the Hilton by Union Square and would like to go somewhere close with a patio for smoking if possible.

Anybody? Bueller?

[quote name='Domaine Raidneé' post='1287947' date='Mar 25 2008, 13.55']I'll be out visiting SF in April - anybody up for meeting up at a bar Thursday night on April 10th? If that doesn't work for anybody, I can come up with other times/dates, but my schedule's a little more restricted the other days I'm there.

Also, I have no idea where to go, but I'm staying at the Hilton downtown and would like to go somewhere close with a patio for smoking if possible.

Anybody? Bueller?[/quote]

Does it HAVE to be a patio?

[url="http://occidentalcigarclub.com/home.html"]Occidental Cigar Club - legal indoor smoking in SF - a BwB standard[/url]

If so, around the corner in Belden Alley is probably the place. Or for a more smoking/beer/pool table-y kind of place, 850 Montgomery.

I have to warn you, the walk from the Hilton to either of these establishments is nearly 500 feet and might take a full five minutes.

[quote name='Arbor Gold' post='1288037' date='Mar 25 2008, 14.43']Fucking hell. I'll be in Boston...I just finalized everything like an hour ago. :([/quote]

Time to start a "Hey Boston!" thread.

My days off will have changed by then to include Thursday, so I can make it.

Guest Domaine Raidneé
[quote name='Arbor Gold' post='1288037' date='Mar 25 2008, 17.43']Fucking hell. I'll be in Boston...I just finalized everything like an hour ago. :([/quote]

That sucks. If it's not too weird of me to say so, I was really looking forward to meeting you. :cry:

[quote name='Domaine Raidneé' post='1288126' date='Mar 25 2008, 15.43']That sucks. If it's not too weird of me to say so, I was really looking forward to meeting you. :cry:[/quote]
That's not weird at all. [i]Most[/i] people really want to meet me. :) I tend to disappoint in real life anyway, so it's probably for the best.

All kidding aside, this does bum me out. I was looking forward to meeting you, too!

[quote name='Arbor Gold' post='1288216' date='Mar 25 2008, 16.25']That's not weird at all. [i]Most[/i] people really want to meet me. :) I tend to disappoint in real life anyway, so it's probably for the best.[/quote]

Like Hell she does..

Guest Domaine Raidneé
:cheers:

So what time works for everyone? I'm pretty flexible.

Also, Bronn, could you PM your cell again so I can give you a call when I get there? I'm not sure how else to find everyone - even if I memorized your pictures, I'm not sure I wouldn't end up wandering asking strangers if they've ever heard of ASIOAF. And it's probably better if I don't get kicked out [i]that[/i] early on. ;)

[quote name='Domaine Raidneé' post='1289340' date='Mar 26 2008, 12.05']:cheers:

So what time works for everyone? I'm pretty flexible.

Also, Bronn, could you PM your cell again so I can give you a call when I get there? I'm not sure how else to find everyone - even if I memorized your pictures, I'm not sure I wouldn't end up wandering asking strangers if they've ever heard of ASIOAF. And it's probably better if I don't get kicked out [i]that[/i] early on. ;)[/quote]

:lol:

I did exactly that twice, go around asking total strangers if they were the BWB, once for the Golden Gate picnic meetup in August (ended up not finding the group that time), and the second time when we met in the Haight last October.

Now I can recognize a lot more faces, but back then I only knew how to recognize Bronn and Jon T.

I'd be in. Also, if we're doing this at the Cigar club, you'd probably be OK with the "wander in and ask about ASOIAF" tactic, I think Bronn and Lodey have shanghaied all the owners into reading the series. Or some of them, at least.

The cigar club is something on the order of 300 square feet. There is no risk of not finding us. Just walk in and shout "Who the F*** is Jon Snow's mother" and we'll know who you are. As ROTS points out, even the bartender will have an opinion - he's a fan of the series. The bar is operated by five partners - one of whom read ASOIAF before I did, another who found it on his own and a third who hasn't read it but his wife has. I trade spoiler summaries for drinks there at least a couple of times a year.

The plan is hereby set. Thursday, April 10th at 7:00 PM. Occidental Cigar Club, 451 Pine Street. Meal to be arranged on site by those present - either order out or go someplace nearby at your convenience. If you get separated, the main number for the Club is 415-834-0485 - ask for the George RR Martin dorks. They know who we/I are/am.

Hell, at the very least it will be me and Lodengarl having a drink or six. I'm okay with that. The more the merrier, though.

7:00, huh?

I might not be able to make it then, at least, not until later. Getting from San Jose after work to San Francisco by 7 pm sounds like a challenge. How long do you think it will last?

Guest Domaine Raidneé
[quote name='Teri' post='1290081' date='Mar 27 2008, 01.52']7:00, huh?

I might not be able to make it then, at least, not until later. Getting from San Jose after work to San Francisco by 7 pm sounds like a challenge. How long do you think it will last?[/quote]

Don't know what everyone else's schedule is like, but I have no upward time limit whatsoever since I'm on vacation. I don't think I've ever gone out at 7:00 pm and been home earlier then 11:00 pm, but then, again, I don't have to work the next day.

[quote name='Domaine Raidneé' post='1290373' date='Mar 27 2008, 07.30']Don't know what everyone else's schedule is like, but I have no upward time limit whatsoever since I'm on vacation. I don't think I've ever gone out at 7:00 pm and been home earlier then 11:00 pm, but then, again, I don't have to work the next day.[/quote]

11:00 seems like a minimum to me also.

Truth is, I'll probably be there earlier than 7:00.

hooray! I like late people. we always start too early for me <G> of course that's why we generally stay home because at my advanced age, starting at 10 or 11 in the city is cause for revoking my AARP membership, and I want to keep the discount. :cheers:

Archived