EURO 2008 predictions and supporter draw!

Calibandar

Some crucial statistics for you all to ponder:
24-01-1965 Lisboa [b][size=6]PORTUGAL [/size][/b][size=1]Turquia [/size]5-1 Campeonato do Mundo (Qualificação)
14-06-1996 Nottingham [b][size=6]PORTUGAL [/size][/b][size=1]Turquia [/size]1-0 Campeonato da Europa (Fase Final)
24-06-2000 Amesterdão [b][size=6]PORTUGAL [/size][/b][size=1]Turquia [/size]2-0 Campeonato da Europa (Fase Final)

01-01-1942 Lisboa [b][size=6]PORTUGAL [/size][/b][size=1]Suiça [/size]3-0 Particular
13-10-1993 Porto [b][size=6]PORTUGAL [/size][/b][size=1]Suiça [/size]1-0 Campeonato do Mundo (Qualificação)

Note that the pitiful Czech has too short a history to be worthy being included here...

I think this is really interesting:

[url="http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html"]FIFA ranking[/url]

Be sure to click the different nations and check out what they call [i]Ranking Evolution[/i].

Featuring such teams as...

Spain - unable to finish among the top teams when it matters.

Sweden - won't be able to match their 1994 effort in the next couple of decades.

Russia - the definition of inconsistency.

[quote name='Austrian For The Summmer']Only half of Germany made it in 1960[/quote]

Only half of Germany even participated in '60 and '64, and West Germany was duly punished for their arrogance in '68!

[quote name='Biter Anagnostopoulos' post='1376389' date='May 30 2008, 09.42']I think this is really interesting:

[url="http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html"]FIFA ranking[/url]

Be sure to click the different nations and check out what they call [i]Ranking Evolution[/i].

Featuring such teams as...

Spain - unable to finish among the top teams when it matters.

Sweden - won't be able to match their 1994 effort in the next couple of decades.

Russia - the definition of inconsistency.[/quote]

You forgot Austria - on page 3 below the likes of:

Thailand
Zimbabwe
Guatemala
Iceland
Qatar
Oman
New Zealand
Bahrain
Canada
Cyprus
England

and many other footballing superpowers

The ranking evolution paints a really ugly picture

(May 1999 = 17, now =101)

[quote name='Austrian For The Summer']The ranking evolution paints a really ugly picture

(May 1999 = 17, now =101)[/quote]

Yeah, but the last two years are part of the "natural" slump a hosting nation experiences before a big tournament. So your real ranking is about 80th place. Cheer up.

[quote name='Jean AS' post='1376408' date='May 30 2008, 10.29']Yeah, but the last two years are part of the "natural" slump a hosting nation experiences before a big tournament. So your real ranking is about 80th place. Cheer up.[/quote]

:cheers:

Still the lowest ranked team in the tournament

[quote][s]Trzymaj z baseballu. Przynajmniej nie jesteś prawdziwym wsparcie zespołu.[/s]
= hold from baseball. at least you aren't true support of the team.

Zostań przy baseballu. Przynajmniej kibicujesz prawdziwej drużynie.

Stick to baseball. At least there you're backing a real team.[/quote]

handy insults:

idiota, palant, debil, kretyn (idiot)
wariat (madman)
drań, łajdak (scumbag)
sukinsyn (son of a bitch)
łazęga, niedojda, patałach, frajer (someone who is a failure)

skurwiel, skurwysyn (son of a whore)
kutas, chuj (prick)

GO SWISS!

dali dupy = they fucked up
dacie dupy = you will fuck up
Polska to pany, Niemcy to chamy (poland are lords, germany are shite)
jesteÅ› do niczego (you are good for nothing)
idź się jebać (go fuck yourself)

[quote name='Filippa deSuisse' post='1376419' date='May 30 2008, 10.55']handy insults:

idiota, palant, debil, kretyn (idiot)
wariat (madman)
drań, łajdak (scumbag)
sukinsyn (son of a bitch)
łazęga, niedojda, patałach, frajer (someone who is a failure)

skurwiel, skurwysyn (son of a whore)
kutas, chuj (prick)

GO SWISS!

dali dupy = they fucked up
dacie dupy = you will fuck up
Polska to pany, Niemcy to chamy (poland are lords, germany are shite)
jesteÅ› do niczego (you are good for nothing)
idź się jebać (go fuck yourself)[/quote]

If that doesn't help, just shout 'kurwa' at everyone and everything. ;)

And, last but not least: "jeszcze Polska nie zginela...." which is a lie, of course!

[quote name='Jean AS' post='1375608' date='May 29 2008, 21.18']Amour sacré de la Patrie,
Conduis, soutiens nos têtes vengeures![/quote]

Translation:
We love to eat pastries
You can see daylight through our stupid heads

The Italian presence on this board has been sadly lacking. Obviously my stylish and sexy brethren have much better things to do than slum it among you losers. Luckily, I'm here to remind you that you might as well quit now, as we will wipe the floor with the lot of you (except Greece, because that would make it slippery*), especially those effete Frenchies, those weirdy vampire guys who won't even be able to play in the daylight, and the other insignificant team in our group whose country is not even important enough to mention.

*("joke" courtesy of Frank Skinner circa 1998)

Archived