Hotels for LA Worldcon

Padraig

• 2 weeks later...

Total side note: Didn't I read somewhere that Chicago is up for the '08 Worldcon? DOing some research, it seems that the Worldcon in general has a very good relationship with the Hyatt Regency Chicago...and there's always a chance I'll be working at that property in '08...so I'm planning away...vote for Chicago! :P

Total side note: Didn't I read somewhere that Chicago is up for the '08 Worldcon? DOing some research, it seems that the Worldcon in general has a very good relationship with the Hyatt Regency Chicago...and there's always a chance I'll be working at that property in '08...so I'm planning away...vote for Chicago! :P

I second this ;)

Oh, and Bronn, we're not having a reception. I hate those friggin' things. The (very tenetive) plan is to have the ceremony Saturday afternoon, go out for a nice (NOT formal) dinner with the family and the wedding party, and come back to the Con to get plastered.

Recpetions suck. And I can't get drunk in front of my parents, so this gives me a way to ditch them. :P

That's the *plan* - nothing is written in stone yet...... If Chicago wins the Worldcon bid, then probably yes. If it doesn't, probably no...

If the con is at the Hyatt downtown, you can rent time in of the rose gardens in Grant Park for weddings... which would be within walking distance. If possible we'd like to do it outside, and coordinate with the Con people for alternate plans due to rain.

Anyway, if you're voting on a Worldcon bid for 08 this year, I humbly request that you vote Chicago if you don't really care either way ;)

Chicago, Columbus and Denver are in the running IIRC, with Chicago the big favourite. Best of luck Odie!. :)

That's what I've heard... I've also heard that Columbus is a pretty far third 'cause they didn't go to Glasgow...

Chicago also put a lot of effort in at Glasgow. They ran two parties in the biggest size room and handed out all manner of free goodies including hot dogs.

Any bid which feeds me has won half the fight.

Couldn't remember which bid had the weeners (mmmmm weeners :drool: ), so Chicago will be getting my vote!! :)

Yep. Chicago's all about the hot dogs... I forsee some Knights of the Tubesteak in our future ;)

*crosses fingers*

How does one go about voting anyway? From what I've seen it involves more money... :P Then again, I think that goes toward your membership fee, and even if we wern't going to host WeddingCon 2008 I'd still be going. NO excuse not to :)

Don't quote me on this but iirc, you pay a certain amount to vote for a site during the convention. If the site you vote for wins then they consider your vote amount as a supporting membership to the con. Then all you have to do is upgrade to an attending membership when you decide to go to the con.

Archived