Holocaust survivors to Mormons: Stop baptisms of dead Jews

SwordoftheMorning

[quote name='Ser Bryon' post='1585135' date='Nov 11 2008, 13.41']... when one group blatantly acts in a way that basically says "Your requests don't matter because our faith is correct and yours is wrong", then it shows a gross lack of respect.[/quote]

But... but most every faith believes this. It's pretty much a cornerstone of religion as we understand it. My collective fiction is right, and yours is a pack of dirty, dirty lies. Hail Xenu!

To put it more simply: Let's say I believe that GI Joe could beat up Transformers, and you think otherwise. It's one thing if I come into your house and stomp on your toys, but if I'm in my room having Snakeyes teabagging Optimus Prime, who cares?

[quote name='gryphon strike' post='1585140' date='Nov 11 2008, 13.45']Thats ok Ser Greguh we wiccans will happily have you, heck we don't even believe in hell well unless of course your a follower of the Norse traditions and even then it is nothing like the Hell that the Christians decided to create, heck I have yet to read a direct quote from Jesus talking about hell.[/quote]

However, as a Wiccan, your periods will strictly rationed.

Personally, I'd rather roast in the Pit than live in a world without proper punctuation.

[quote name='Yagathai' post='1585149' date='Nov 12 2008, 05.20']However, as a Wiccan, your periods will strictly rationed. Personally, I'd rather roast in the Pit than live in a world without proper punctuation.[/quote]
Dude you live in the states, enough said I believe, you worry about periods all you like myself I prefer pronunciation.

I don't see the point in this outrage.

These people are dead. It makes no difference at all to them if Mormons want to perform their some strange rites using their names and consider them Mormons afterwards. Dead people don't care. That living people actually [i]do[/i] care about what [i]Mormons[/i] think of posthumous religious denomination of the dead just goes to show that in some ways dying can make you more sensible.

Nous,

[quote name='Nous' post='1585157' date='Nov 11 2008, 13.55']I don't see the point in this outrage.

These people are dead. It makes no difference at all to them if Mormons want to perform their some strange rites using their names and consider them Mormons afterwards. Dead people don't care. That living people actually [i]do[/i] care about what [i]Mormons[/i] think of posthumous religious denomination of the dead just goes to show that in some ways dying can make you more sensible.[/quote]

It shows a tremendous lack of respect for the faith of the people who died.

[quote name='gryphon strike' post='1585154' date='Nov 11 2008, 13.52']Dude you live in the states, enough said I believe, you worry about periods all you like myself I prefer pronunciation.[/quote]

Yes, I need a lecture on the Queen's English from an Aussie. :thumbsdown: What next, the Mormon Church telling me what is and isn't a valid redefinition of marriage?

I'm quite amused by this little stunt .................... technically, there isn't anything the Jews could do to stop the Mormons from continuing this doctrine.

As credit for the misguided efforts of the Mormons ..................... at least they're trying to save everyone, which is more inclusive than Judaism.

[quote name='Ser Scot A Ellison' post='1585160' date='Nov 11 2008, 13.58']Nous,
It shows a tremendous lack of respect for the faith of the people who died.[/quote]

But that's crazy. It's like saying that my Yeoman Rand / Dr. McCoy slashfic is tremendously disrespectful to the memory of DeForrest Kelly. It just doesn't compute. What does [i]God[/i]... need with a starship?

[quote name='Yagathai' post='1585164' date='Nov 12 2008, 05.31']Yes, I need a lecture on the Queen's English from an Aussie. :thumbsdown: What next, the Mormon Church telling me what is and isn't a valid redefinition of marriage?[/quote]
Sounds like you have already accepted that with your pedantic crap about periods.

[quote name='Yagathai' post='1585149' date='Nov 11 2008, 12.50']However, as a Wiccan, your periods will strictly rationed.[/quote]
Okay, show of hands. I couldn't possibly be the only person who read this and whose first thought was an, ahem, alternate interpretation. I'm such a twelve-year-old.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled discussion of religious intolerance.

[quote name='gryphon strike' post='1585170' date='Nov 11 2008, 14.04']Sounds like you have already accepted that with your pedantic crap about periods.[/quote]

Yes, of course! I respect the rules of proper punctuation, and thus I believe the Mormons should be able to tell me who I can and can't marry. One follows the other as night follows day. How could I have been so blind?

[quote name='Yagathai' post='1585164' date='Nov 11 2008, 13.01']Yes, I need a lecture on the Queen's English from an Aussie. :thumbsdown: What next, the Mormon Church telling me what is and isn't a valid redefinition of marriage?[/quote]

Yags ...... still First Consul of the Grammerstapo, somethings never change and bring a smile to my face when I think about them. Now all we needs it OsRavan to bust in with a long, well thought, horribly-typed, ultra-patriotic paen to Judaism as he was wont to do....

Or

we could get back on the fucking topic!

[quote name='Ken Stone' post='1585113' date='Nov 11 2008, 13.29']Why don't more religions do this? For instance why doesn't the Church Of Satan posthumous make people into Satan Worshipers? I'm thinking we start with Joesph Smith.[/quote]

Now [i]this[/i] is a bit of religious mummery I can support!

[quote name='Ser Greguh' post='1585171' date='Nov 11 2008, 14.05']Okay, show of hands. I couldn't possibly be the only person who read this and whose first thought was an, ahem, alternate interpretation. I'm such a twelve-year-old.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled discussion of religious intolerance.[/quote]

My special moonflow times are sacred to the Goddess! How dare you mock that?! Disrespect! Oppression!! Wiccan-holocaust denier!!! [i]THE BURNING TIMES WERE REAL!!!!!!!![/i]

[quote name='Ser Bryon' post='1585135' date='Nov 11 2008, 19.41']I think it comes down to an issue of respect. Most people can live and let live, but when one group blatantly acts in a way that basically says [b]"Your requests don't matter because our faith is correct and yours is wrong"[/b], then it shows a gross lack of respect.[/quote]

allthoug most dont comme out and say this out loud, would not all [u]true belivers[/u] think so?
if you are suposed to be right, what are suposed to happen to all the nonbelivers/ wrongbelivers.

[quote]but if I'm in my room having Snakeyes teabagging Optimus Prime, who cares?[/quote]

LMAO. Snakeyes is my hero...

How is this different from praying for someone? Why should I allow others to pray to their Gods, which might anger my gods... since it is kinda disrespectful. You should pray to MY got for ME. Why don't the Jews make up a special "shield prayer" that protect all Jews from baptism anyway?

Anyway, if I come up with a tax shield, I mean religion... I'm going to make everyone a disciple, who has lost his/her way praying to the evil __inser your god___. My special spiritual shield will undo your baptism, and automatically make your prayer (packets) route to my god instead...

Yags:

The issue of consent is irrelevant to you? If Mormons snare little kids from their Temple on Sabbath and forcibly convert them, would your argument that it's just one fantasy encroaching upon another still work? Why or why not?

Re: General

Also, didn't the Catholics also do some forced conversion against Jews, too? (Yes, found this [url="http://cgis.jpost.com/Blogs/foxman/entry/the_pope_and_the_jews"]blog post[/url], with this quote: "Let me be clear: Because of the Catholic Church's forced conversions, upon threat of death, of untold numbers of Jews at various points in history, especially during the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition, "reciprocity" is not possible in this situation. There is no legitimate way to equate a new prayer, sanctioned in 2008 by the head of the Roman Catholic Church, with ancient Jewish prayers that have had no practical effect on the well being of the Christian world." )

Re: solo

Can I buy insurance on these futures?

Yagathai,

[quote name='Yagathai' post='1585169' date='Nov 11 2008, 14.04']But that's crazy. It's like saying that my Yeoman Rand / Dr. McCoy slashfic is tremendously disrespectful to the memory of DeForrest Kelly. It just doesn't compute. What does [i]God[/i]... need with a starship?[/quote]

I'm not saying that the "conversion" will have any real effect. I'm saying the attempt to convert the dead is very disrepectful because it ignores the beliefs of those who died.

Archived