Mafia 59.5 - Murder In Trinity College

HT Reddy

It is day 3.

10 players remain: House Mullendore, Lany Cassandra, Masonity, Mentat, Piper of Chaos, Slick Mongoose, The Man Who, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

6 votes for Masonity (Slick Mongoose, WhiskeyJack, Weekapaug, House Mullendore, Piper of Chaos, Tsoert)
1 vote for Mentat (Masonity)

3 players have not voted: Lany Cassandra, Mentat, The Man Who.

Breakfast today was nowhere near as good as yesterday's unfortunately. Maybe it was that which made you all irritable and desirous of killing Masonity quickly. Or maybe it was that you don't like Masonity's name. Someone even suggested that you might like to lynch him because he may well be evil, but this rationale seemed absolutely risible, and completely out of keeping with the spirit of mafia.

"You know, we should wait a bit, just to make Masonity sweat a bit before we do the deed" Lany suggested towards the end.

"Nah" said Tsoert, who promptly shot Masonity with a handgun that was conveniently lying around.

As Masonity crumpled to the floor, clutching his chest, you saw him for what he was - a tourist like any of you, wounded and bleeding by your hand. Your hearts went out to this pitiable creature; Masonity wasn't aware of this - his heart had already gone out of him, but in a rather more literal way.

You lynched Masonity

SPOILER: CF (Coroner Finder)

He was innocent

[b]It is night. Send in PMs[/b]

That's 6, then. Would've been nice to hear from Mentat, but it's not like Masonity wasn't getting lynched at some point.

[quote]Probably a dumb question but CF? What does that mena in the context of this game please[/quote]

Coroner finder. Tells us whether players are innocent or guilty after they're dead. It's how we know that Harlot is a killer.

[quote name='mentat' post='1608851' date='Dec 4 2008, 15.38']There are no contradictions, you're just being obnoxious. You could legitimately suspect me for defending Harlot, (I briefly mentioned him as suspicious on day one, but voted for possum) but would I defend a partner in a CF game so obviously? I'm pretty good at distancing, yet I didn't do the slightest effort to distance from Harlot in a CF game.[/quote]I see, and the whole "don't look at WJ, Harlot and me because the Malcolm kill means nothing" has not been an attempt to protect Harlot and yourself.

Meep, you are not innocent.

[quote name='Tsoert' post='1608962' date='Dec 4 2008, 17.00']Well shit, accidents happen. Sorry :dunce:[/quote]
It's good that we made a quick decision. That gives me more time tomorrow.

Everyone please hurry to send in your night actions. Mods, if you have the feeling that the FM withhold their action to gain time, please modkill them.

What the hell is going on?

I thought we wanted to discuss who to vote off? And now we've lynched an innocent. OK, admittedly he looked guilty(ish) after the reveal, but don't we have more time available to make the decision?

I was ticked off for rushing things on day 1 when I was brand brand new, yet I come back and see a lynch undertaken, where 3 people haven't yet voted, and it was almost unanimous. I don't think that whole lynch train can claim to be brand new by any stretch.

This is very odd behaviour and I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

I think I need to read it again more closely, but I have had more than optimal to drink, so [u]I[/u] will take my time making a decision about this.

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1609002' date='Dec 4 2008, 16.18']I don't think that whole lynch train can claim to be brand new by any stretch.[/quote]

I can!

Sorry, that may have slightly been my fault.

That blows...I was just thinking how I should listen to Shadowbaby more after her suspicion of WJ last game and catching Masonity in this one...guess not. :P

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1609002' date='Dec 4 2008, 11.18']What the hell is going on?

I thought we wanted to discuss who to vote off? And now we've lynched an innocent. OK, admittedly he looked guilty(ish) after the reveal, but don't we have more time available to make the decision?

I was ticked off for rushing things on day 1 when I was brand brand new, yet I come back and see a lynch undertaken, where 3 people haven't yet voted, and it was almost unanimous. I don't think that whole lynch train can claim to be brand new by any stretch.

This is very odd behaviour and I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

I think I need to read it again more closely, but I have had more than optimal to drink, so [u]I[/u] will take my time making a decision about this.[/quote]It was pretty much inevitable that it was ultimately going to be Masonity that was voted off today, it made sense for a number of reasons.

We have more time, Piper doesn't, so it doesn't make sense to waste time when the end result is pretty clear. Day 1 is completely different, there is so little to go on at the time and so much interaction while people are formulating their opinions (or faking it), you really need to use the entire day. As the game goes on, days usually get shorter, particularly if there has already been a lynched FM. It is pretty normal behavior.

Some thoughts regarding WJ:

Some might say that he revealed to frame Masonity. I think that's not the case. If WJ was a killer, he would have been glad to have another VPI that he could kill. That would gain him another day without everyobody staring at him because he is still alive.

So we are are 8 players left. WJ, Slick and me are VVPI. Week is PI because he pushed Harlot. Mentat is evil. That leaves us with Lany, Tsoert and TMW as possible suspects.

I think if one of you three has a role, it is time to reveal.

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1609016' date='Dec 4 2008, 11.25']Some thoughts regarding WJ:

Some might say that he revealed to frame Masonity. I think that's not the case. If WJ was a killer, he would have been glad to have another VPI that he could kill. That would gain him another day without everyobody staring at him because he is still alive.

So we are are 8 players left. WJ, Slick and me are VVPI. Week is PI because he pushed Harlot. Mentat is evil. That leaves us with Lany, Tsoert and TMW as possible suspects.

I think if one of you three has a role, it is time to reveal.[/quote]

I would like WJ to reveal who he investigated first.

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1609016' date='Dec 4 2008, 16.25']Some thoughts regarding WJ:

I think if one of you three has a role, it is time to reveal.[/quote]

I have no role

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1609024' date='Dec 4 2008, 17.30']Might I suggest you start reading my posts and taking a clue from them? Please?[/quote]
It's ok when he reads my posts. Why should they wait for WJ? If we can catch one of you lying, the better for us.

So, your role, please?

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1609035' date='Dec 4 2008, 11.34']It's ok when he reads my posts. Why should they wait for WJ? If we can catch one of you lying, the better for us.

So, your role, please?[/quote]

and what about catching WJ lying?

since all roles but mentat and mine are out, I am the perceptive finder.

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1609024' date='Dec 4 2008, 16.30']Might I suggest you start reading my posts and taking a clue from them? Please?[/quote]

I asssumed your post was refering to your wishes. I don't know wether you are innocent or not so am not sure if I should trust you or your demands I'm afraid

I assume you wanted to know so WJ had to prove he was actually the role finder yes? Is WJ really stupid enough to say who he investigated and what role they have when they are right there to shoot that down? I doubt it in all honesty

Archived