Mafia 59.5 - Murder In Trinity College

HT Reddy

7 votes for Harlot (The Man Who, Tsoert, WhiskeyJack, Weekapaug, Masonity, Lany Cassandra, Piper of Chaos)
2 votes for Lany Cassandra (Harlot, Mentat)
2 votes for Mentat (Slick Mongoose, Shadowbaby

Harlot - Good lynch

TMW + WJ - Less suspicious now. I can't see an FM starting a lynch train on a colleague unless they were also the nervous man or something (would we be told his role?)

Mentat - Not sure I trust the message reveal. Thats just the kind of thing I'd do if I wanted to divert suspicion away from me

Lany - 2 FM's constantly voting for each other, making up imaginary conflict would certainly make you look somewhere else for the 2nd FM

Eneryone else - not really made my mind up

Quick thoughts. Piper my gut now tells me to trust.

Tsoert, you trust those either side of you? Heh. Bit see through. You still say next to nothing, and none of it new. The last post is a step in the right direction, but you are on my list.

TMW being good as he's 1st vote? 1st vote is a good place to find a partner. Creates distance with no pressure. TMW is still far from PIed.

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1608585' date='Dec 4 2008, 09.15']Why do you think it was Harlot?

The garrulous tourist could have been either side and if Harlot mailed it in then that seems to alleviate some suspicion around WJ and Lany I guess.

Also why did you only bring this up now?[/quote]

I thought it was Harlot because Harlot suspected Lany and it didn't sound like Masonity.

I only bring it up now because it was meaningless before. On one hand I didn't know for sure who had sent the note, it wasn't signed. On the other hand it proves nothing (though it did sound sincere).

I'm still not willing to lynch Piper until Friday.

My initial reaction was against Mentat - Him and Harlot refused to vote for each other, despite being the most likely lynches. If the lynch came down to me or someone else, i'd have to be really, really certain of their innocence to not vote for them, because they're more likely to be guilty than me.

But i've been suspecting Mentat all game, so I don't really trust myself as i'm starting to sound like a broken record.

Also, if I was a killer, i'd have made sure I was on the Harlot lynch. There's a CF, the killers know this, so isn't it suicide to defend your partner so obviously? In a perverse, WIFOMy way, I trust Mentat slightly more now. I really need to do a reread, because i'm confusing myself.

Shadowbaby was the obvious night kill, so that tells us nothing.

[b]mentat [/b]is today's obvious choice. He tried to shift the attention away from the Malcolm suspects with senseless logic. And his desperate reveal only strenghtens my doubts on him. This whole thing is ridiculous, especially since we are talking about mentat.

I will reread the thread later and look at possible partnerships of Harlot and possible mentat masters. I think we should be able to narrow down the suspect pool to 3-4 players.

[quote name='mentat' post='1608582' date='Dec 4 2008, 09.07']I thought it was Harlot, which is one of the reasons I thought him likely to be innocent.[/quote]

[quote name='mentat' post='1608619' date='Dec 4 2008, 10.40']I only bring it up now because it was meaningless before. On one hand I didn't know for sure who had sent the note, it wasn't signed. On the other hand it proves nothing (though it did sound sincere).[/quote]

You thought it was meaningless, but you thought that Harlot was likely to be innocent because of it?

You pointed out that the Nervous Man role might as well go to a symp, but the Tourist role would be given to an innocent?

Shall I look for more contradictions?

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

It is day 3.

10 players remain: House Mullendore, Lany Cassandra, Masonity, Mentat, Piper of Chaos, Slick Mongoose, The Man Who, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

1 vote for Mentat (Piper of Chaos)

9 players have not voted: House Mullendore, Lany Cassandra, Masonity, Mentat, Slick Mongoose, The Man Who, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

[quote]7 votes for Harlot (The Man Who, Tsoert, WhiskeyJack, Weekapaug, Masonity, Lany Cassandra, Piper of Chaos)
2 votes for Lany Cassandra (Harlot, Mentat)
2 votes for Mentat (Slick Mongoose, Shadowbaby[/quote]

I really think the partner is on the lynch. They would almost have to be. I know it is not me. I don't think it is WJ or The Man Who...and thinking not likely Week. That leaves me with Tsoert, Masonity and Piper. Piper is not lickly to be lynched, leaving me with Tsoert and Masonity. Of the two, I think [b]Tsoert[/b] more likely guilty.

During night 1 Harlot said he didn't like Lany.

[quote]I don't like Lany's vote timing and that fact she didn't know it was the final one.[/quote]

And then he made a serious case on Lany and voted on it in day 2. Could it be distancing? Possibly, but there were no votes on Harlot at the time, nor any real case, so Harlot couldn't have thought he'd be likely to be lynched. So i'm leaning towards trusting Lany at the moment.

With regards to Tsoert, the back-and-forth between him and Harlot at the start was strange. WJ thinks it's because Harlot was faking a contribution. Without a vote, it doesn't count for much, but it could well have been distancing. On the other hand, he was quite quick on the Harlot lynch, the second vote. So again i'm willing to trust him at the moment, but i'm happy for someone to convince me otherwise, because I don't like the rest of his play.

WJ voted for Harlot on day 1, but there was very little chance of it leading to a lynch. So i'm not willing to PI him for that. He was then the third vote on him on day 2. At this point there was a decent chance of a Harlot lynch, if slightly less than Mentat. This counts in his favour, but it's also the point where a calculating Killer would be looking to vote for his partner to cover himself, imo. I feel neutral about him at them moment, and I don't think he's our best lynch today.

Masonity votes for Lany at the point when the most likely lynches are Harlot and Mentat, and momentum is growing on Harlot. I think this is looks suspicious. Shadowbaby also suspected him, and she was killed (although her being CI is sufficient reason). He then moves his vote to Piper. Then back to Lany. He looks like he's casting around for a not-Harlot lynch. He moves on to Harlot soon after, when Harlot's looking like the most likely lynch.

Week then votes Harlot, this is vote number four. This is the tipping point, after this Harlot is always the prime lynch. It doesn't look like a killers vote to me. If it's distancing, then it's superb. Again, i'm not going to give Week a completely free pass, but we have better lynches today.

Piper was late on the lynch mob and looks suspicious to me. But we're not going to lynch him today.

TMW is one of the first to properly make a case on Harlot, and was the first to vote for him. So make that VVPI, or very very clever killer.

Mentat i'm feeling worse about. The only reason i'm not suspecting him is because he's too obvious, which is daft.

If someone on the lynch is evil, personally I would rank them:

1. Masonity
2. Piper
3. Tsoert
4. WJ
5. Week
6. Lany
7. TMW

But I would rank Mentat pretty much equal with Masonity. So i'd like to lynch one of those two today.

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1608683' date='Dec 4 2008, 12.24']I really think the partner is on the lynch. They would almost have to be. I know it is not me. I don't think it is WJ or The Man Who...and thinking not likely Week. That leaves me with Tsoert, Masonity and Piper. Piper is not lickly to be lynched, leaving me with Tsoert and Masonity. Of the two, I think [b]Tsoert[/b] more likely guilty.[/quote]

Tsoert's vote on Harlot made Harlot a much more likely lynch candidate. While I don't trust Tsoert very much either, is there something about his vote that you think i'm missing?

And i'm now leaning slightly more towards [b]Masonity[/b], so i'm putting a vote on. If Mentat's a killer, wouldn't it be very easy for him to have put a vote on Harlot, and claim self defence if people thought it looked bad? The main choice was between those two for more of the day.

I'm still happy to vote Mentat, he's my second choice.

[quote name='Slick Mongoose' post='1608735' date='Dec 4 2008, 08.12']Tsoert's vote on Harlot made Harlot a much more likely lynch candidate. While I don't trust Tsoert very much either, is there something about his vote that you think i'm missing?[/quote]

No. Just given between the two, I felt Tsoert more suspicious...not his vote per se, but his over all actions have been more suspicious than Masonity's.

Seeing that Piper is innocent, I feel a lot better about Lany today. I was looking in the wrong direction totally. I still like Tsoert, as he's really sneaking through without doing or saying hardly anything, but the man I felt best about yesterday, [b]Mentat[/b], is now my main suspect. Why? I believed him over Piper, but thought one was likely guilty. Now I know Piper is innocent it changes things.

Thinking on it, a symp would hide the friday death thing in order to be lynchable should the master need it. Therefore Piper isn't the symp. Added to that, I had a one shot finders power, and Piper came back innocent.

I think it's best to have it out in the open incase I die today, and as it's only one shot anyway, nothing lost. That's why my "gut" felt good about him.

Codes, I hear you ask?

"unimtended rifts" was a deliberate typo I made yesterday. It's an anagram of "I'm student finder". Not long after, I said my "gut" felt good about Slick, who was VPI. You all know I hate "gut" stuff, so I'm suprised no-one picked that out. It was my way of setting up "gut" instinct to tell my find result.

Anyway, back to work. :-)

[quote name='Masonity' post='1608760' date='Dec 4 2008, 07.34']I had a one shot finders power, and Piper came back innocent.[/quote]

Oh really?

I'm the Role Finder.

Last night, I found out that somebody is the Perceptive Finder.

You are claiming that you're the real Finder too? We have 3 Finders in this game? Bullshit. [b]Masonity[/b]

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1608769' date='Dec 4 2008, 13.39']Oh really?

I'm the Role Finder.

You are claiming that you're the real Finder too? We have 3 Finders in this game? Bullshit. [b]Masonity[/b][/quote]

Yes, I am. It's a one shot power, so hardly over powered. Unless you hit a godfather you can't find a guilty person with your power. The perceptive finder is almost useless, they get one chance at telling one person's true alignment, once they are already dead. Mine is the only traditional evil trapping finder role, and one-shotted at that.

Why did i get it? Probably because I filled in most of the table as well as naming the killers in the puzzle.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1608769' date='Dec 4 2008, 13.39']Oh really?

I'm the Role Finder.

You are claiming that you're the real Finder too? We have 3 Finders in this game? Bullshit. [b]Masonity[/b][/quote]

Unless you're lying for some unfathomable reason, it's 3 finders [i]and[/i] a CF.

I agree. No way.

To elaborate.

On night 1, I investigated Shadowbaby (yeah, quite convenient, I know). I chose her because she was on the day 1 mob, she was one of the people who voted after the mod note that we might have an extra 3 hours, and she had indicated that she was trying to solve the riddle (so I thought it was likely that she'd have a role). I was elated to find out that she was the Slapdash Healer, because that made her CI (it was a role that could only be given to an innocent player). Then she went and revealed, which was nice and all, but basically made my secret information redundant.

On night 2, I investigated the Perceptive Finder. I'm undecided on whether or not I should reveal that person's name, so I haven't done so yet. On the one hand, revealing the name would confirm my role reveal. At least, it would confirm it to that person. To everyone else, it would confirm that either I'm telling the truth, or I'm evil and that person is my FM master/partner. But really, would [i]two[/i] of us come out and reveal ourselves, just to counter a 1 shot finder claim? Obviously, no, we wouldn't.

On the down side, if I reveal who the person is, then he'd become a target for the FM. I have no clue if he's used his power yet or not, so I don't want to just throw him out there like that. What would the group prefer?

Oh and by the way, I think the person is CI, by virtue of being given the Perceptive Finder role. I know that the rules say that it could possibly be given to an evil player. But what would the purpose be? If I'm reading things right, the only thing it can do is investigate a corpse and find out if it was a symp, Godfather, or Miller. Why would an evil player need that power? I guess a FM might use it to find his symp after the fact, but it doesn't really help him a whole lot at that point. I think it makes a lot more sense for an innocent to have the role.

Also, I think the fact that the Perceptive Finder is being used in the game means we almost certainly also have a symp or Godfather role on the evil side.

Archived