Mafia 59.5 - Murder In Trinity College

HT Reddy

[quote name='Shadowbaby' post='1608126' date='Dec 3 2008, 22.55']Don't worry. Shabba talks about herself in the third person all the time, though usually she only does that when PMing the mods.[/quote]

Those very same mods, remember, do love to receive dear Shabba's thoughts, and any speculative PMs from players will be gratefully received.

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1608129' date='Dec 3 2008, 17.59']I had been nearly lynched once because I talked in third persona all the time. :rolleyes:

Could somebody please give me a short summary of the Harlot case? I didn't have the time to care for that until now.[/quote]

He had several contradictions yesterday and some ideas that seemed forced. Today, like me he has had only limited time.

I am actually feeling better about the contents of his posts today, but I will not let the day end without a lynch.

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1608119' date='Dec 3 2008, 16.53']BTW, if you think I am the symp, why did I refuse to vote for The Possum only to vote for him a bit later? And why didn't I vote mentat instead (I hope you don't think that I am [i]his [/i]symp?[/quote]

To be honest, I don't think you're anything yet. I haven't formed an opinion one way or the other about you. I agreed with a few points that mentat made, both in defense of himself and against you. But I've never listed you as one of my top suspects.

Which has me wondering why you are so aggressively defending yourself to me.

[quote name='Piper']Furthermore, would you disagree with me, that the Malcolm kill points double at you:

1) He suspected you

2) Because of the voting pattern (killing someone from the mob)[/quote]

I never felt that Malcolm suspected me. I know that he said he did in the thread, but I figured that he was just saying that to help me survive night 1. I got the same impression from Week, and even from you. I didn't take any of the posts seriously, and actually appreciated them a bit.

I guess if I was FM, I would have viewed it a bit differently, and been slightly concerned, because Malc is usually one of the top threats to me. I can certainly acknowledge that. But I'm not FM. And even if I was, I wouldn't have killed Malc on night 1. I'd have attempted to kill the person most likely to be labeled PI at that time - Slick Mongoose.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1608135' date='Dec 4 2008, 00.02']To be honest, I don't think you're anything yet. I haven't formed an opinion one way or the other about you. I agreed with a few points that mentat made, both in defense of himself and against you. But I've never listed you as one of my top suspects.

Which has me wondering why you are so aggressively defending yourself to me.

I never felt that Malcolm suspected me. I know that he said he did in the thread, but I figured that he was just saying that to help me survive night 1. I got the same impression from Week, and even from you. I didn't take any of the posts seriously, and actually appreciated them a bit.

I guess if I was FM, I would have viewed it a bit differently, and been slightly concerned, because Malc is usually one of the top threats to me. I can certainly acknowledge that. But I'm not FM. And even if I was, I wouldn't have killed Malc on night 1. I'd have attempted to kill the person most likely to be labeled PI at that time - Slick Mongoose.[/quote]

Do you think that someone tried to frame you? And what do you think about my thoughts regarding TMW and Harlot?

And again, I want to come back to the Malcolm kill. You already said yourself that it is very likely that a killer is on the Possum mob, and that it is strange that the FM decided to kill someone from the mob. Itwould be even more weird if both Fm were on the mob. So it is not that unlikely that one of the Fm is not on the mob.

It's a shame that you don't think that the kill points at you, because then you will also not believe that the kill points double at Harlot for the same reasons. What a pity.... ;) :P

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1608135' date='Dec 4 2008, 00.02']I guess if I was FM, I would have viewed it a bit differently, and been slightly concerned, because Malc is usually one of the top threats to me. I can certainly acknowledge that. But I'm not FM. And even if I was, I wouldn't have killed Malc on night 1. I'd have attempted to kill the person most likely to be labeled PI at that time - Slick Mongoose.[/quote]

And that's why I wholeheartly disagree with mentat's theory that the FM were randomly killing or rolehunting. There had been a revealed role, and no one doubted that claim. So, [u]why killing Malcolm over Slick if there was not a reason to do this?[/u]

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1608149' date='Dec 3 2008, 23.13']And that's why I wholeheartly disagree with mentat's theory that the FM were randomly killing or rolehunting. There had been a revealed role, and no one doubted that claim. So, [u]why killing Malcolm over Slick if there was not a reason to do this?[/u][/quote]

For fuck sake. If it wasn't you saying it, I'd be more than happy to see Harlot hang over this. I just don't feel I can trust you though.

That said, he does look one of the better lynches, and will be able to gather enough votes (I think?) based on people offering to hang him.

edit: Yes it points to WJ too. However there's more chance of the mod being the FM than there is of a WJ-lynching mob rustling together at this point to hang him over the night 1 death! :-p Plus he lacks any extra evidence, such as the fact Harlot isn't playing his normal game according to everyone in the know. Enough people have touched on that for me to take it at face value.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1608135' date='Dec 4 2008, 00.02']Which has me wondering why you are so aggressively defending yourself to me.[/quote]
Because so far I am not fully convinced of your innocence. That's why I have to be your pain in the ass to get a better picture. And sorry for being probably too aggressive. :cheers:

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1608053' date='Dec 3 2008, 22.57']Since you seem to like lies, mentat, what do you say about the bolded part? Do you think that WJ would have followed his own advice? Do you think he does not understand that a strong player would like to stay a bit longer in the game instead of being NKed on day 1 (which is impossible since the killers obviously have no motivation to kill those who are threatening them :P
)? And do you think that he was giving an honest advice here, or that he was trying to use your paranoia to gain your trust?[/quote]

I'm afraid I believe my own words, so if WJ agrees I tend to think it may be due to the fact that what I'm saying is right (and of course WJ might be playing me, but I would like to see evidence of this before assuming as much).

You, on the other hand, are making straw men out of my arguments. I said the two reasons I thought likely for Malc's death were either role hunting or a guilty WJ, you transform that into: "The FM never kill someone who threatens them".

Plus, you seem intent on enlisting my aid against the man, while your vote sits firmly on me.

I ain't buying.

I'm off to bed now, I can see how it would probably play to my benefit to change my vote to Harlot, but I really want to see one of Piper or Lany lynched today, and I agree Piper is better left until later. Mafia isn't a game about surviving, so my vote stays where my heart is. If you insist on lynching me... well maybe you'll play better next time.

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1608145' date='Dec 3 2008, 17.10']Do you think that someone tried to frame you?[/quote]

Who knows. Its impossible to determine something like that. But personally, I still suspect that the primary motivation behind the kill came from a veteran FM who feared Malc's ability to cut through the bullshit.

[quote name='Piper']And what do you think about my thoughts regarding TMW and Harlot?[/quote]

Re: TMW - You're assuming too much, in my opinion. I really don't see a FM sitting there saying, 'we shouldn't kill Malcolm, he voted for somebody else instead of me yesterday'. It wasn't as if Malc was out there saying that he trusted TMW.

Re: Harlot - I think you make a good point against him.

[quote name='Piper']And again, I want to come back to the Malcolm kill. You already said yourself that it is very likely that a killer is on the Possum mob, and that it is strange that the FM decided to kill someone from the mob. Itwould be even more weird if both Fm were on the mob. So it is not that unlikely that one of the Fm is not on the mob.[/quote]

Right, which is why I changed my position from before, and am now willing to vote for anybody I suspect, regardless of whether or not they were on the mob. There are reasons to suspect both groups.

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1608149' date='Dec 3 2008, 17.13']And that's why I wholeheartly disagree with mentat's theory that the FM were randomly killing or rolehunting. There had been a revealed role, and no one doubted that claim. So, [u]why killing Malcolm over Slick if there was not a reason to do this?[/u][/quote]

I would have killed Slick, but who knows...perhaps the FM felt the odds of him being healed were too high.

Okay, I'm off to bed. I'm not going to be sleeping quite yet though, so there's a chance I may work my way out of the handcuffs and manage one or two more posts tonight. I'm not counting on it though, and in all honesty, not hoping for it either. Some things are more important than Mafia! ;)

Anyway, [b]Harlot[/b] sounds like the compromise vote. I don't want to see Mentat go, so hopefully making it 5-3 will seal Mentat a place in tomorrow.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1608178' date='Dec 4 2008, 00.28']I would have killed Slick, but who knows...perhaps the FM felt the odds of him being healed were too high.[/quote]
That's true, of course. I have a nervous thought because of that.

[quote post='1608178' date='Dec 4 2008, 00.28']Right, which is why I changed my position from before, and am now willing to vote for anybody I suspect, regardless of whether or not they were on the mob. There are reasons to suspect both groups.[/quote]

Funny, because lynching the smaller group (Masonity, Harlot and you) would likely net us an FM. The fact that [i]you [/i]belong to the smaller group has not influenced your decision by chance?

It is day 2.

12 players remain: House Mullendore, Harlot, Lany Cassandra, Masonity, Mentat, Piper of Chaos, Shadowbaby, Slick Mongoose, The Man Who, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

6 votes for Harlot (The Man Who, Tsoert, WhiskeyJack, Weekapaug, Masonity, Lany Cassandra)
2 votes for Lany Cassandra (Harlot, Mentat)
2 votes for Mentat (Slick Mongoose, Piper of Chaos)
1 vote for Masonity (Shadowbaby)

1 players have not voted: House Mullendore.

I'm back, and I can put the last vote on Harlot if needed. It looks like it's going to be Harlot anyway, so is anyone desperate for the extra hour and a half, or should I just do it? Like I said earlier, I prefer the Mentat lynch, but I don't mind the Harlot lynch at all.

[quote]That's true, of course. I have a nervous thought because of that.[/quote]

What nervous thought is that?

[b]mentat[/b]. Harlot's not a major suspect of mine, but nor do I trust him, so I'll be around to check in and switch my vote if need be.

eta: As for healing... to any healers out there, I revealed partially because I didn't have the time to play as well as I (or anyone, really) would like, so I'd say use your heal(s) as you see fit.

[quote name='Shadowbaby' post='1608193' date='Dec 3 2008, 18.39'][b]mentat[/b]. Harlot's not a major suspect of mine, but nor do I trust him, so I'll be around to check in and switch my vote if need be.[/quote]

do you get some sort of perverse pleasure in voting people after they are no longer a lynch option? This is the second or third time this game you have moved your vote to someone after others had moved off them.

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1608197' date='Dec 3 2008, 18.43']do you get some sort of perverse pleasure in voting people after they are no longer a lynch option? This is the second or third time this game you have moved your vote to someone after others had moved off them.[/quote]
[s]Yes.[/s]

Say what?

Archived