Mafia 59.5 - Murder In Trinity College

HT Reddy

It is day 2.

12 players remain: House Mullendore, Harlot, Lany Cassandra, Masonity, Mentat, Piper of Chaos, Shadowbaby, Slick Mongoose, The Man Who, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

3 votes for Harlot (The Man Who, Tsoert, WhiskeyJack)
3 votes for Lany Cassandra (Harlot, Mentat, Masonity)
3 votes for Mentat (Lany Cassandra, Slick Mongoose, Piper of Chaos)
1 vote for Tsoert (Weekapaug)
1 vote for WhiskeyJack (Shadowbaby)

1 players have not voted: House Mullendore.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1607726' date='Dec 3 2008, 12.58']Where exactly did Week point that out?[/quote]

As Week has already said, it was you that pointed it out and not him.

[quote]Okay, so you thought the way I approached the vote analysis was surprising, but you decided to just note it to yourself, without commenting on it in the thread. Right? Is it fair to take the next step and say that the reason you didn't comment on it is because it was beneficial to you? Because that's how I'm interpreting your earlier post, and that, more than anything else, is what has me voting for you right now.[/quote]

You make it sound like I was particpating in the discussion with you and Week. In fact I read it later, contemporaneous to my post. As you can see in the first sentence on that post, I said that I only had a few minutes to read the posts just after mine and in fact I did comment on it. My comment on it is what you are attacking. I can understand you saying that you don't like my attitude to your vote analysis but you are shading your argument now to say that I didn't comment on it because it was beneficial which is untrue as opposed to not being particularly concerned about it because it is beneficial to me at that point but notching it away. I'd be very surprised if you yourself make all your suspicions ane thoughts known.

[i]My free afternoon has disappeared into an off-site meeting. I will try to check in again before my son's swim lessons but I should be back before the end of day. I apologize for the lack of contribution. As I said, this was supposed to be a light work week.[/i] :thumbsdown:

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1607830' date='Dec 3 2008, 14.10']I'm also a little worried about being around for day end[/quote]:( I was just looking at the timer (about 6 hours left) and I definitely won't be around. I will be leaving in about an hour or so to go home for a wake. I don't think I'll be able to get online between leaving and the wake (it is at 7), so I am going to drop a vote before I go. If I am able to get on for a few minutes, I may. No guarantees though.

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1607645' date='Dec 3 2008, 17.18']Can you please explain what the case on me is? I have no idea, but since you think I am a good compromise vote, you must know.[/quote]

The most obvious is that I agree with WJ that we have at least one, and probably more than one, bad guy on the lynch. That instantly adds you to the suspect list.

Further, I'm not convinced that Malcolm would have seemed all that dangerous to a group of new players. That said, it merely makes you one of many, many people who could be taking the "experienced leader" seat on the killer's council.

However, we then have the "oh no! my malc! why did they kill you?". Now i never like these types of posts. It's just too common for a killer to be found wailing and gnashing at the unjust death of their friend. You was clear as far as Malc's concerned. He hadn't so much as blinked in your direction post-roleplay. Therefore there's nothing to link him to you. In a game with this many unmasked experienced players, someone's going to make malc's corpse start pointing out anyone he has been tipping his hat towards. Therefore it makes a lot of sense in this game to kill people with no ties.

Added to that, you are an excellent mafia player, but so far i've seen very little. You aren't playing your strongest game, and that makes me suspicious that you might in fact be playing an evil role, and therefore unable to play your normal game.

I still have Piper as my favourite for bad guy, and there are some links there, subtle and not so subtle defenses of you he's made. I also quite like the idea he could be the symp, in which case you would make an even better target than him. That said, I feel we have a better chance of killing a bad guy if we kill him than we do if we kill you.

I also agree with Week, you really had nothing to say on hours of gameplay? I never quite like that. There's always something happening.

So there it is. It's hardly a great case, but then again we have very little to go on right now, and I am leaning towards trusting one of the other lynch candidates, and could go either way on the other. That's why I'll back it as a compromise. I still can't see Piper being lynched before he blows up, and that's almost certainly just how he planned it when he revealed.

It might be worth pointing out the small possibility we are currently in end game.

If we have 3 killers and a symp (most likely indecisive symp in that case?), and it happens to be a killer or symp controlling Mullendore, then a bad move today and we're dead. The evil team almost certainly have between 3-5 votes in their voting block. Tomorrow, we are in a position where 5 votes can bring night.

I wish I would blow up. :/

I am better than 50/50 convincing Malc I am innocent when not. He would be one of my last choices for a kill.

My posting time is about 3-4 hours in the evenings. I can make quick comments during the day, but no real thoughts. I can't help it. If I get caught once more, I may lose my job (or at least internet access...I know I am on the short list if they get to pick the layoffs next round. I need to be careful)

[quote]However, we then have the "oh no! my malc! why did they kill you?". Now i never like these types of posts. It's just too common for a killer to be found wailing and gnashing at the unjust death of their friend.[/quote]

I hope this wasn't about me. I didn't comment on his death. I had nothing to say. I commented on Malc being my :love: after Piper tried to link up based on RP.

Most of the game play has been the week cases and the defenses of them. I have wavered a little based on mentat's posts, but I want to reread them before I comment further.

[quote name='Masonity' post='1607874' date='Dec 3 2008, 14.41']It might be worth pointing out the small possibility we are currently in end game.

If we have 3 killers and a symp (most likely indecisive symp in that case?), and it happens to be a killer or symp controlling Mullendore, then a bad move today and we're dead. The evil team almost certainly have between 3-5 votes in their voting block. Tomorrow, we are in a position where 5 votes can bring night.[/quote]3 killers would be borderlined for a 14 person game...3 and a symp would be really brutal. I don't think that is something we should seriously worry about.

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1607884' date='Dec 3 2008, 19.48']I hope this wasn't about me. I didn't comment on his death. I had nothing to say. I commented on Malc being my :love: after Piper tried to link up based on RP.[/quote]

My mistake, I apologise. The lack of being able to re-read is really screwing me up here. I had memory and what everyone else is saying to go on, and that just joined my mental list of bad things.

That said, I still prefer you over Harlot, and prefer harlot over Mentat. I'd prefer Piper over either of you, and if it wasn't potentially end game would also quite like to cull the newbies a little. I don't know if it's TMW or Tsorte that I'm more convinced could be a killer. I can't see them both being evil, but i'm also getting the impression that at least one probably is. Probably because I can't get any sort of read on either of them.

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1607887' date='Dec 3 2008, 19.51']3 killers would be borderlined for a 14 person game...3 and a symp would be really brutal. I don't think that is something we should seriously worry about.[/quote]

I bow to your superior balancing knowledge. I've only modded one game, and was massively helped.

I thought it better to throw out in case overlooked.

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1607902' date='Dec 3 2008, 15.01']I'm feeling a bit silly, but have we ever been told how many killers there are?

And if not, how many would there be expected to be?[/quote]

No, we are not told. The team shuld be 2 or 3 based on the size of the game.

[quote name='Slick Mongoose' post='1607687' date='Dec 3 2008, 12.35']Shadowbaby, is your vote for WJ serious? I thought that it was just to get him to answer a question.[/quote]
At the point where I voted him? Yes, it was serious. It wasn't just an answer-my-damn-question vote. I've had bad vibes against WJ, which I've been a little hesitant to voice because if I had to search for a reason, it'd basically be metaing, and I know he hates being meta'd. I think he's being especially nice this game though. It's a little jarring. Maybe he's just been in a better mood (or too busy being blunt and arrogant in the fantasy threads :P).

I do feel better about him now though, enough that it's about time for me to move my vote.

I don't really care for the Harlot lynch. At this point, he's no more guilty than anyone else. For now, I'll be content to vote [b]Piper[/b].

[quote name='Shadowbaby' post='1607912' date='Dec 3 2008, 20.08']At the point where I voted him? Yes, it was serious.

For now, I'll be content to vote [b]Piper[/b].[/quote]

[quote name='Shadowbaby' post='1607916' date='Dec 3 2008, 20.12']Actually, I'm more worried about [b]Masonity[/b].[/quote]

Admit it, you want all of us!

At the same time :grouphug:

Archived