Mafia 59.5 - Murder In Trinity College

HT Reddy

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1608247' date='Dec 3 2008, 19.10']Ok, it wasn't distancing. So WJ looks pretty good as does Week.[/quote]
Ha! Mafuckas. WJ, I told you to look at people off the lynch. :) Even if I briefly questioned it, I was right. :P

[quote]7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

7 votes for Harlot (The Man Who, Tsoert, WhiskeyJack, Weekapaug, Masonity, Lany Cassandra, Piper of Chaos)
2 votes for Lany Cassandra ([s]Harlot[/s], Mentat)
2 votes for Mentat ([s]Slick Mongoose[/s], [s]Shadowbaby[/s])

1 players have not voted: House Mullendore.[/quote]
I think tomorrow we really need to hear from TMW and Tsoert more. They've been way too quiet and despite being early votes on Harlot, they weren't strong votes by any means. If they both remain pretty quiet, then I think one of them needs to go. The others on the lynch just seem to clearly innocent. :/

I'm probably off to bed, see you all on the flip side.

Back by request :rolleyes: it's:

[i]The Inner Workings of TMW's mind[/i] also known as The Daily Suspects.

Just to let you know, I'm feeling slightly snarky today.

Tseort. I think the same reasons apply as last time, and J_Slr is no longer around to co-chair this seat. Basically, too quiet for my liking - I understand that it's not always easy to spend the amount of times on you want, but Tseort has been quite taciturn even when on. Being a new player, and an FM, it seems to me a good strategy would to be quiet to avoid putting your foot in it. Not something I would choose, but something that would appeal to certain types of people. I don't know if Tseort is one of those people, but I intend to find out.

Piper. I don't think a killer, but I'm starting to agree with others' suggestions of him being a symp. What makes me sorta nervous about Piper is that he has been way too nice to me. He has several times fobbed off enquiries as to what he thought of me with the 'too cute to vote', which is true, but not normal behaviour. And then I saw he has me down publicly as PI. I tried to understand the justification, but, if I was an external party, I would not get it. If Piper is exposed as a symp and he has been actively protecting me, this is bound to throw a large amount of suspicion on me.

Weekapaug. I don't like Weekapaug's imputation that my vote on Harlot wasn't strong. I felt at the time that I had a decent case - not open and shut by any means, but definite justification for the vote, and I'd like to think that I did play a part in getting a FM lynched. I think I've become an easy lynch target for a FM to try and orchestrate, and I think Weekapaug has spent quite a bit of effort keeping suspicion on me. Now that the FM can't really afford to lose more members so quickly, I actually think that I am the exact type of player that a FM would look to pick up an easy lynch on. Harlot also seemed to be overly focused on me, which was part of my justification for the vote in retrospect.

Masonity. Someone yesterday said that a good way to play FM was to be fairly quiet and likeable, and Masonity has that nailed to a T. I'm not sure that the initial statement isn't one of those 'pick some attributes and then attach them to a FM strategy' jobbies, but I do feel that Masonity is keeping something quiet, not necessarily FM, but possibly one of the weird roles. Indecisive symp?

Mentat. I still haven't really understood the case against Mentat. I probably need to reread some of the arguments at some point.

Mongoose and Shadwobaby both seem PI to me.

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1608565' date='Dec 4 2008, 08.28']Piper. I don't think a killer, but I'm starting to agree with others' suggestions of him being a symp. What makes me sorta nervous about Piper is that he has been way too nice to me. He has several times fobbed off enquiries as to what he thought of me with the 'too cute to vote', which is true, but not normal behaviour. And then I saw he has me down publicly as PI. I tried to understand the justification, but, if I was an external party, I would not get it. If Piper is exposed as a symp and he has been actively protecting me, this is bound to throw a large amount of suspicion on me.[/quote]

If I was the symp, my job would have been to protect Harlot and not to make friends with you.

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1608570' date='Dec 4 2008, 09.42']If I was the symp, my job would have been to protect Harlot and not to make friends with you.[/quote]

Hmm. That's true. I think most of my theories are a little half-baked at the moment.

It's not that I don't want to be friends - maybe I'm just not used to people being too nice to me. :wideeyed:

[quote name='Slick Mongoose' post='1608218' date='Dec 4 2008, 00.55']If you switched your vote back, Harlot voted for Mentat and Mullendore (I don't know if everyone else has guessed Mullendore's ID, but i'm still in the dark) votes Mentat, it's 6-6.....

But we'd still need another switch. So I think you're right, it's going to be [b]Harlot[/b] today.

ETA: Piper beat me to it.[/quote] :thumbsdown:

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1608247' date='Dec 4 2008, 01.10']Lany came a bit too late to gain my trust. But my bed is warm and I am still nervous. :leer:[/quote]:(

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1608565' date='Dec 4 2008, 08.28']Weekapaug. I don't like Weekapaug's imputation that my vote on Harlot wasn't strong. I felt at the time that I had a decent case - not open and shut by any means, but definite justification for the vote, and I'd like to think that I did play a part in getting a FM lynched. I think I've become an easy lynch target for a FM to try and orchestrate, and I think Weekapaug has spent quite a bit of effort keeping suspicion on me. Now that the FM can't really afford to lose more members so quickly, I actually think that I am the exact type of player that a FM would look to pick up an easy lynch on. Harlot also seemed to be overly focused on me, which was part of my justification for the vote in retrospect.

Masonity. Someone yesterday said that a good way to play FM was to be fairly quiet and likeable, and Masonity has that nailed to a T. I'm not sure that the initial statement isn't one of those 'pick some attributes and then attach them to a FM strategy' jobbies, but I do feel that Masonity is keeping something quiet, not necessarily FM, but possibly one of the weird roles. Indecisive symp?[/quote]:thumbsup:

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1608571' date='Dec 4 2008, 08.48']I think most of my theories are a little half-baked at the moment.[/quote]:hat:

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1608236' date='Dec 4 2008, 01.03']And mentat:

:P :P :P :P :D :D :D :D[/quote]

Bah. So why do you make up all that nonsense if you're innocent? Stop framing Lany!

Anyway, I got a note sent to me by the garroulous tourist last night. It wasn't signed, but he seemed to suspect Lany and WJ. He was hoping I was innocent and it seemed sincere. I thought it was Harlot, which is one of the reasons I thought him likely to be innocent.

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1608581' date='Dec 4 2008, 09.06']O Mullendore, you crack me up.[/quote]
:smash:
[quote name='mentat' post='1608582' date='Dec 4 2008, 09.07']Bah. So why do you make up all that nonsense if you're innocent? Stop framing Lany![/quote]
:unsure:
[quote name='mentat' post='1608582' date='Dec 4 2008, 09.07']Anyway, I got a note sent to me by the garroulous tourist last night. It wasn't signed, but he seemed to suspect Lany and WJ. He was hoping I was innocent and it seemed sincere. I thought it was Harlot, which is one of the reasons I thought him likely to be innocent.[/quote]
:stunned: :(

[quote name='mentat' post='1608582' date='Dec 4 2008, 10.07']Bah. So why do you make up all that nonsense if you're innocent? Stop framing Lany!

Anyway, I got a note sent to me by the garroulous tourist last night. It wasn't signed, but he seemed to suspect Lany and WJ. He was hoping I was innocent and it seemed sincere. I thought it was Harlot, which is one of the reasons I thought him likely to be innocent.[/quote]

Why do you think it was Harlot?

The garrulous tourist could have been either side and if Harlot mailed it in then that seems to alleviate some suspicion around WJ and Lany I guess.

Also why did you only bring this up now?

Good morning.

Nice work on the lynch everyone. Positions on the lynch train-wise, I'd feel that WJ and Week were now PI/VPIs. The only problem is, either one of them is good enough to do that just si we PI them, so I won't give them a total free pass.

Beyond that? I have a crying baby, have to leave in 5 minutes and i'm not dressed yet, so... yeah:p Hopefully the night kill or lack thereof will tell us more.

[quote name='mentat' post='1608582' date='Dec 4 2008, 09.07']Bah. So why do you make up all that nonsense if you're innocent? Stop framing Lany!

Anyway, I got a note sent to me by the garroulous tourist last night. It wasn't signed, but he seemed to suspect Lany and WJ. He was hoping I was innocent and it seemed sincere. I thought it was Harlot, which is one of the reasons I thought him likely to be innocent.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

If we'd quicklynch mentat, I would win some time until it's dying time for me.

The night has been long.
But you finally wake to find that there is no more Shadowbaby. The butterfly baby however is still there.
Oh, and just in case,
SPOILER: Shadowbaby was
innocent.

It is day 3.

10 players remain: House Mullendore, Lany Cassandra, Masonity, Mentat, Piper of Chaos, Slick Mongoose, The Man Who, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

10 players have not voted: House Mullendore, Lany Cassandra, Masonity, Mentat, Piper of Chaos, Slick Mongoose, The Man Who, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

Archived