Mafia 59.5 - Murder In Trinity College

HT Reddy

I have a theory that I would like to share.

[u]Assumption: WJ and one of Masonity or Harlot are the FM[/u]

WJ had not been overly offensive on day 1. This attitude changes when he finds out that we lynched The Possum while he was away.

Explanation: WJ was pissed because he planned to be on that mob, so that he and his partner were on different mobs.

Well, WJ & Co were not on the lynch mob. [s]They[/s] WJ is worried that narrowing down the pool of players that were not on the mob might haunt them later, when others will analyze the voting pattern. He knows that Slick is VPI, but then he probably thinks that he can still set up Slick as a lynch if needed. Furthermore, they can keep Slick around as an alibi for WJ's existence. After day 4 people might ask why WJ is still alive, but then... Slick is also still alive.

This would explain why Slick is still alive.

Note that WJ has been trying to focus our attention on those players that were on the mob. First he accuses those that lynched The Possum. After recieving more critics than expected, he wihtdraws and tries another strategy: exlaiming that at least one FM must be on the mob.

[quote name='Slick Mongoose' post='1608192' date='Dec 4 2008, 00.39']I'm back, and I can put the last vote on Harlot if needed. It looks like it's going to be Harlot anyway, so is anyone desperate for the extra hour and a half, or should I just do it? Like I said earlier, I prefer the Mentat lynch, but I don't mind the Harlot lynch at all.

What nervous thought is that?[/quote]

One that I don't like to share with you. :P

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1608208' date='Dec 3 2008, 17.51']Note that WJ has been trying to focus our attention on those players that were on the mob. First he accuses those that lynched The Possum. After recieving more critics than expected, he wihtdraws and tries another strategy: exlaiming that at least one FM must be on the mob.[/quote]

Skipping right to the point - if all that is true, then go ahead and explain why I'm voting for somebody who wasn't on the mob.

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1608208' date='Dec 3 2008, 18.51']I have a theory that I would like to share.

[u]Assumption: WJ and one of Masonity or Harlot are the FM[/u]

WJ had not been overly offensive on day 1. This attitude changes when he finds out that we lynched The Possum while he was away.

Explanation: WJ was pissed because he planned to be on that mob, so that he and his partner were on different mobs.

Well, WJ & Co were not on the lynch mob. [s]They[/s] WJ is worried that narrowing down the pool of players that were not on the mob might haunt them later, when others will analyze the voting pattern. He knows that Slick is VPI, but then he probably thinks that he can still set up Slick as a lynch if needed. Furthermore, they can keep Slick around as an alibi for WJ's existence. After day 4 people might ask why WJ is still alive, but then... Slick is also still alive.

This would explain why Slick is still alive.

Note that WJ has been trying to focus our attention on those players that were on the mob. First he accuses those that lynched The Possum. After recieving more critics than expected, he wihtdraws and tries another strategy: exlaiming that at least one FM must be on the mob.[/quote]

But there was also a healer treat. The first couple of days are hardest for FM when a healer is possible...targeting either WJ or SM the first night has a bigger risk.

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1608197' date='Dec 3 2008, 23.43']do you get some sort of perverse pleasure in voting people after they are no longer a lynch option? This is the second or third time this game you have moved your vote to someone after others had moved off them.[/quote]

If you switched your vote back, Harlot voted for Mentat and Mullendore (I don't know if everyone else has guessed Mullendore's ID, but i'm still in the dark) votes Mentat, it's 6-6.....

But we'd still need another switch. So I think you're right, it's going to be [b]Harlot[/b] today.

ETA: Piper beat me to it.

It is day 2.

12 players remain: House Mullendore, Harlot, Lany Cassandra, Masonity, Mentat, Piper of Chaos, Shadowbaby, Slick Mongoose, The Man Who, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

7 votes for Harlot (The Man Who, Tsoert, WhiskeyJack, Weekapaug, Masonity, Lany Cassandra, Piper of Chaos)
2 votes for Lany Cassandra (Harlot, Mentat)
2 votes for Mentat (Slick Mongoose, Shadowbaby)

1 players have not voted: House Mullendore.

That had actually been, you have to admit, one of the best breakfasts you have ever had. A full English fry-up for those of you who wanted that, but plenty of fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereal and bread on offer. All washed down with plenteous tea, coffee and orange juice. There was even a slightly mysterious but delicious brown gloopy dish which someone suggested tasted a bit like stewed marsupial with North-East European seasoning to give it a bit of extra flavour. Whatever it was, the group polished it off with aplomb.

Happy and fed, the group got back round to discussing how best to find the brutal murderers in their midst. “You know, I tried to get Slick Mongoose killed last night”, said WhiskeyJack, “and, like, he wasn’t. So, um, I can’t be the killer yeh? Good”

“Well, ja” agreed Piper of Chaos.

“And remember that killing me would be a bad idea, cos I’m ein goodie” he added

“Well you say that dear fellow, but I’m just not convinced” said Slick Mongoose

Mullendore piped up with “:idea:”

“Oh, by the way, I have lots of work to do so I’m afraid I can’t really join in discussion much. Not that this work is for university or anything; I’m not a student, anyone can tell that surely? Yeh? Well anyway I am the slapdash healer and I created Mullendore, that charming ickle fellow” said Shadowbaby

Mullendore, “:love:”

“Well that proves you innocent at least, so I guess you’ll have to die soon” replied Whiskeyjack

“Oh yeh, Piper of Chaos may well be evil if you think about it” mentat chipped in with.

Mullendore, :cry:

“So, everyone ok with sparing the mod having to trawl through pages and pages of day two in vain hope of finding something vaguely witty to use for his end of day sum-up, and just lynching Harlot now?” asked Masonity

This idea, sadly, was not taken up

By late evening, all were exhausted. Masonity had developed a nervous twitch in his left shoulder; Lany had taken to chain drinking Doctor Pepper, and Tsoert had dropped into a semi-catatonic state, only rousing himself from it to tell everyone that he was sorry, but that he had underestimated the amount of time that being kidnapped and faced with continual risk of death would take. Indeed the strain had been too much for poor J_Slr who had earlier been humanely put down by the Porters for his own good.
Finally Lany snapped and said, “Ok then, let’s just kill the fuck out of Harlot” and she force fed him some of her Dr. Pepper, which as every schoolchild knows, is deadly poisonous to Ohioans.

“I think that, despite my amusing jocularity earlier in this day, I do believe that I shall exercise my democratic right to abstain from this electoral process” said Mullendore, before realising what he had said. “Oh shit, what I meant was :pirate: "

Strangely enough however, Harlot didn’t actually die, and with mounting horror Lany quick-wittedly grasped the implications of this, and ripped off one of her shoes before plunging the heel deep into Harlot’s breast.

For Harlot was a cleverly disguised evil killer student.

[b]It is night. Send in your PMs. Now, bitches[/b]

Oh right, you want a CF on Harlot. Well...

Ok, it wasn't distancing. So WJ looks pretty good as does Week.

Have to check TMW and Tsoert yet, but I already PIed TMW before.

Masonity didn't choose mentat over Harlot, but probably Harlot's fate was sealed at that point? Have to check this, too.

Lany came a bit too late to gain my trust. But my bed is warm and I am still nervous. :leer:

[quote name='Trinity Head Porter' post='1608223' date='Dec 3 2008, 17.57']
SPOILER: CF
He was guilty
[/quote]

:cheers:

I'm heading home from work now. Don't have time to really look into each vote, but I can say one thing.

[quote name='mod']7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

7 votes for Harlot (The Man Who, Tsoert, WhiskeyJack, Weekapaug, Masonity, Lany Cassandra, Piper of Chaos)
2 votes for Lany Cassandra ([s]Harlot[/s], Mentat)
2 votes for Mentat ([s]Slick Mongoose[/s], [s]Shadowbaby[/s])

1 players have not voted: House Mullendore.[/quote]

The only possible suspect who didn't vote for Harlot was Mentat. Meaning that Mentat is the only possible symp left in the game, in my opinion. I'm not saying he's a symp. I'm saying that its either him, or we don't have one alive right now.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1608254' date='Dec 4 2008, 01.14']The only possible suspect who didn't vote for Harlot was Mentat. Meaning that Mentat is the only possible symp left in the game, in my opinion. I'm not saying he's a symp. I'm saying that its either him, or we don't have one alive right now.[/quote]

Him or that butterfly. ;)

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1608247' date='Dec 3 2008, 19.10']Lany came a bit too late to gain my trust. But my bed is warm and I am still nervous. :leer:[/quote]

*snuggles with Piper*

Harlot has been on my list since yesterday...and for a reason I still don't understand, I have been on his. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1608273' date='Dec 3 2008, 19.29']*snuggles with Piper*

Harlot has been on my list since yesterday...and for a reason I still don't understand, I have been on his. :rolleyes:[/quote]
Clearly because your avatar is sexy, and we all want to see more of it.

Not that you're not sexy yourself.

Archived