Mafia 59.5 - Murder In Trinity College

HT Reddy

To whomever asked why if WJ was top suspect I didn't vote him - the top 2 of my suspects weren't in any order. Harlots retraction of his previous statements look a little like damage control to me. Also, many of WJ's posts are analysing other peoples posts and votes so its hard to get anything solid on him at the moment.

Right...

I'll be gone totally for a couple of hours. I might not be back til closeish to the lynch, but will be back WELL in time to hammer anyone so we get something through today, should the need arise.

Right now it's clear Piper won't go today. Therefore I guess my vote is better placed (for the sake of deciding who i'd lynch off if we compromise) on [b]Lany[/b]. It's not enough to put any real name to, but right now she's the best non-piper choice in my eyes. I would vote for Harlot if I need to. Mentat I'm a little less likely to kill, I like what he's saying. At the same time, his death would be informative, so I will take it over a lynchless day.

Hopefully I'll be back early enough to convince you all to kill piper after all though ;)

I really don't like how it has become the cool thing to suspect Harlot. There seems to be a lot of people hopping on or at least leaving themselves nicely open to the possibility of voting for him. I still feel as though there should be an FM off-lynch, however nobody makes anywhere near as much sense as Harlot in my mind.

I am also finding myself questioning the intelligence of trusting Piper and Slick's reveals. I haven't agreed with either of them for days and it is beginning to get a bit disconcerting. It is frustrating because I can't imagine that either of them would be killed when we have a CI (Shabba) who seems to be legitimately innocent and a greater threat. :/

For now, my gut is still pointing me in the direction of Harlot, Tsoert, and TMW, and actually Lany is a bit of a darkhorse candidate for me (seems like she has been forgotten to a certain extent).

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1607598' date='Dec 3 2008, 11.00']I really don't like how it has become the cool thing to suspect Harlot. There seems to be a lot of people hopping on or at least leaving themselves nicely open to the possibility of voting for him. I still feel as though there should be an FM off-lynch, however nobody makes anywhere near as much sense as Harlot in my mind.[/quote]

I'm confused. First you're saying that you don't like how people are suspecting Harlot, but then you say that you suspect Harlot. Can you clarify that?

It is day 2.

12 players remain: House Mullendore, Harlot, Lany Cassandra, Masonity, Mentat, Piper of Chaos, Shadowbaby, Slick Mongoose, The Man Who, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

3 votes for Harlot (The Man Who, Tsoert, WhiskeyJack)
3 votes for Lany Cassandra (Harlot, Mentat, Masonity)
3 votes for Mentat (Lany Cassandra, Slick Mongoose, Piper of Chaos)
1 vote for The Man Who ( House Mullendore)
1 vote for Tsoert (Weekapaug)
1 vote for WhiskeyJack (Shadowbaby)

Reddymod is off now. If you lynch early I may not be back to end the day, but Dunny might be around and I will definitely be back by mandatory end of day time.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1607554' date='Dec 3 2008, 17.25']You make some compelling points. I'm still not willing to do anything about Piper until Friday, but I definitely see where you're coming from. Especially the part about drawing the night kill. That would have been his optimal move.

So you're voting for Lany because you think Piper is protecting her?[/quote]

Yup, if your look back at my case you'll see that Piper lied twice on Lany's behalf. Once saying Malc had left an apparent symp clue to Lany which would make her less likely to target him (false, because there's no such symp-clue), and second saying Malc had a positive opinion (guilt-wise) of Lany, again a lie because Malc never mentioned Lany either way after his RP comment, so we can't really know if he found her suspicious or not. One could say no news is good news, but thinking a FM would refrain from killing someone because he made no specific mention of him is I think stretching the credibility bow a nook too far.

To me it would make sense if the symp had the nervous man role, because it becomes kind of like a two-bladed sword, and there's a special symp role (the one which becomes innocent if NKd) that follows exactly that mechanic.

Since we also have Piper's reveal as a nervous man, I agree he should be left until Friday.

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1607175' date='Dec 3 2008, 02.33']Just a general q again: do people prefer it when people place their vote early? And is moving votes around during the day considered decent?[/quote]I was thinking about this and it actually makes me feel better about TMW. This is the type of question that would/should be asked in the killers forum and unless he's partners with Tsoert, it would be answered.

[quote name='Harlot' post='1607376' date='Dec 3 2008, 08.49']His reaction of refusing to answer and calling me a meanie was just odd. And later I felt justified in pushing him because even tho he claimed it was a joke vote at first it stayed there until the lynch[/quote]You never really pushed him though. You moved on to TMW and Lany, and you've remained there since then.

[quote name='Harlot' post='1607376' date='Dec 3 2008, 08.49']But [u]seeing as how it was beneficial to me[/u] and WJ and I seem to be agreeing, I was rolling with it for the time being.[/quote]:/ I know a role that someone would receive from the start of the game where they'd be particularly interested in what is beneficial to them. What do you think of Masonity? If you thought WJ's logic was off, but generally trust him then your view of Masonity is very important (if you are innocent). Either you like him, in which case you should be happy to focus on the people on the lynch. Or you don't like him and he should be a pretty clear suspect for you.

[quote name='Harlot' post='1607550' date='Dec 3 2008, 11.22']It wasn't until Week pointed out that Tsoert wasn't accusing me of bitching that I saw that my confusion.[/quote]WJ pointed that out, just to be clear.

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1607598' date='Dec 3 2008, 12.00']For now, my gut is still pointing me in the direction of Harlot, Tsoert, and TMW, and actually Lany is a bit of a darkhorse candidate for me (seems like she has been forgotten to a certain extent).[/quote]

How am I being forgotten when I am tied for top vote getter?

[quote name='Masonity' post='1607597' date='Dec 3 2008, 11.58']Right...

I'll be gone totally for a couple of hours. I might not be back til closeish to the lynch, but will be back WELL in time to hammer anyone so we get something through today, should the need arise.

Right now it's clear Piper won't go today. Therefore I guess my vote is better placed (for the sake of deciding who i'd lynch off if we compromise) on [b]Lany[/b]. It's not enough to put any real name to, but right now she's the best non-piper choice in my eyes. I would vote for Harlot if I need to. Mentat I'm a little less likely to kill, I like what he's saying. At the same time, his death would be informative, so I will take it over a lynchless day.

Hopefully I'll be back early enough to convince you all to kill piper after all though ;)[/quote]

Can you please explain what the case on me is? I have no idea, but since you think I am a good compromise vote, you must know.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1607612' date='Dec 3 2008, 12.07']I'm confused. First you're saying that you don't like how people are suspecting Harlot, but then you say that you suspect Harlot. Can you clarify that?[/quote]I don't like that people aren't giving much in the way of their own reasoning or commenting on much else. It feels like people have been reading tea leaves and preparing for him as the lynch. The only people really going in a different direction (vocally) are the SM/Piper v mentat group. Of them, I like mentat a lot more despite their reveals and Lany is looking like a more attractive lynch candidate. Sadly, it is pretty unlikely that Lany and Harlot would be partnered :/.

[quote name='Tsoert' post='1607615' date='Dec 3 2008, 12.08']Week is cool obviously[/quote]? Your suspects right now are WJ and Harlot. I think you should either reread to better formulate your views on them or ask them some questions to better understand where they are coming from to reevaluate your position on them.

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1607660' date='Dec 3 2008, 12.23']Lany is looking like a more attractive lynch candidate. Sadly, it is pretty unlikely that Lany and Harlot would be partnered :/.[/quote]

Please tell me why? this is starting to piss me off that no one has a reason when they say this.

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1607645' date='Dec 3 2008, 12.18']How am I being forgotten when I am tied for top vote getter?[/quote]Who has been discussing it? Nobody really.

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1607645' date='Dec 3 2008, 12.18']Can you please explain what the case on me is? I have no idea, but since you think I am a good compromise vote, you must know.[/quote]Who are your suspects? You haven't posted much on your suspects in the last 24 others (other than following up to vote mentat). I have no idea where you stand because you've been pretty quiet, which is more than a little disconcerting from you.

[i]Hi all,

I want to apologise for not being around much today. I've got to go out again after this post, but i'll be back before the end of the day.[/i]

Of our top three lynch candidates, i'd prefer to lynch them in the order Mentat-Harlot-Lany. I trust Lany for some reason, but if there's a decent case against her, i'm willing to hear it (at the moment it's based around the idea that Piper is her symp, right?).

I'd also be perfectly happy to vote for Tsoert. He's slipped under the radar, imo.

Shadowbaby, is your vote for WJ serious? I thought that it was just to get him to answer a question.

[quote name='Tsoert' post='1607710' date='Dec 3 2008, 12.48']Maybe I've slipped under the radar because I'm obviously incompetant and couldn't hide the fact that I was a killer if I wanted too....

Whats the case against Mentat?[/quote]What do [i]you [/i]think about mentat and Lany?

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1607666' date='Dec 3 2008, 12.26']Who has been discussing it? Nobody really.

Who are your suspects? You haven't posted much on your suspects in the last 24 others (other than following up to vote mentat). I have no idea where you stand because you've been pretty quiet, which is more than a little disconcerting from you.[/quote]

If you check, I have been quiet everywhere today...It is a busy work day, I said that first thing this morning. I had a case at the start of the day and it hasn't changed. mentat is still my top choice, followed by Harlot.

There have been almost no new information to work with since this morning.

And me being quiet for a few hours while I work is still NOT a case.

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1607714' date='Dec 3 2008, 17.50']What do [i]you [/i]think about mentat and Lany?[/quote]

Lany jumpd on the lynch train AP, an innocent. Aside from that, as she's mentioned, she's not said much today

Mentat, I'm not sure. need to reread but don't have time

[quote name='Harlot' post='1607550' date='Dec 3 2008, 10.22']It wasn't until Week pointed out that Tsoert wasn't accusing me of bitching that I saw that my confusion. Unlike some I can admit I am occasionally wrong when I review it. I can honestly say that I think I misread that whole interaction with Tsoert.[/quote]

Where exactly did Week point that out?

[quote name='Harlot']That's fair, but that was the first post I had made since you and Week had already hashed it out. I didn't "let it slide" I noted it and said why it was not of particular concern to me. I tend to think it's a good thing that I find myself agreeing with you but still maintaining some skepticism.[/quote]

Okay, so you thought the way I approached the vote analysis was surprising, but you decided to just note it to yourself, without commenting on it in the thread. Right? Is it fair to take the next step and say that the reason you didn't comment on it is because it was beneficial to you? Because that's how I'm interpreting your earlier post, and that, more than anything else, is what has me voting for you right now.

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1607715' date='Dec 3 2008, 12.51']If you check, I have been quiet everywhere today...It is a busy work day, I said that first thing this morning.[/quote]I prefer not to check up on those sort of things, seems dishonest to look for evidence outside of this game or past mafia games.

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1607715' date='Dec 3 2008, 12.51']I had a case at the start of the day and it hasn't changed. mentat is still my top choice, followed by Harlot.[/quote]Actually, this isn't quite true. First your post from last night, then your post this morning.
[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1606871' date='Dec 2 2008, 19.31']Malc is my one true :love:

I really don't understand you Piper. You keep saying that you are worried about mentat, but he was just as lynchable as Possum was when you voted Possum. He had 3 votes at the time. I really wanted to keep my vote one him, as I felt he was the best lynch.

You are saying it again, but still not voting. I have been mentat's evil partner before and no one knew we were partners as we had suspicions against each other the whole game. It is one of his special tricks.

If you are bother by him, vote him. [b] mentat.[/b][/quote][quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1607293' date='Dec 3 2008, 07.06']Morning. A very busy day today, but I will keep up. I am happy with my vote, but would be willing to switch to Harlot if needed for a lynch[/quote]
So your case on mentat, from even before these posts because here you don't mention it, is still his single post where he gives the healer advice and then tells the healer their best bet is to keep their own counsel? And I'm not sure what your view on Harlot is, other than he has had vibes against you from the start perhaps. It is damn hard to reread you with the "find member's post" utility, otherwise I would have found the post myself.

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1607715' date='Dec 3 2008, 12.51']There have been almost no new information to work with since this morning.[/quote]What? Nothing from the night or today has piqued your interest at all?
[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1607715' date='Dec 3 2008, 12.51']And me being quiet for a few hours while I work is still NOT a case.[/quote]It has been more than just a few hours. Over the last 6+ pages your posts are few and far between, even fewer where you comment about your suspicions.

Archived