GRRM DIRECTS THE FANS

ogbebaba

[quote name='ogbebaba' post='1612051' date='Dec 7 2008, 17.52'][url="http://grrm.livejournal.com/"]

[/url][url="http://grrm.livejournal.com/"]

[/url][url="http://grrm.livejournal.com/"]take a look[/url][url="http://grrm.livejournal.com/"]

[/url][/quote]
For those of us that are say, at an Air Force Base right now and can't open that link, could you summarize? I'd hate to think I'm lacking direction.

[quote name='Lady Blackfish' post='1612085' date='Dec 7 2008, 18.37']It tells people to go to the board's new TV series forums if they have casting suggestions and lets them know that Benioff and Weiss are lurking around.[/quote]
Thank you.

I must say, that was underwhelming. I was hoping to learn what HPO stands for.

I love how he directs the fans here. I have to wonder though if he's snuck a peak at our site on the sly. Wouldn't suprise me (waves to the invisible GRRM lurker). Anyhow, I'm just glad that HBO has their hands in it as opposed to...oh, let's say Disney like what happened to the Sword of Truth series. I don't think it'll ever recover. Too PG. At least with HBO we don't have to worry about Cersei and Jaime "eluding" to something with wannabe smokey looks and bad acting.

[quote name='Lord O' Bones' post='1612089' date='Dec 7 2008, 20.40']Thank you.

I must say, that was underwhelming. I was hoping to learn what HPO stands for.[/quote]
Horribly Priced Offerings?

:leaving:

Ok, I can see why a pay-to-view network has to price their DVDs so high, but I can't justify paying $75 for a 13 episode season. But I can't bitch too much anymore since I just picked up both seasons of Rome for $44 in last week's Black Friday sales. :thumbsup:

And I'm sure GRRM is lurking here a bit. He'll never admit to it, but I'm sure as producer he's looking over the cast lists just like D&D are.

[quote name='Adelle Tully' post='1612311' date='Dec 9 2008, 00.01']I have to wonder though if he's snuck a peak at our site on the sly. Wouldn't suprise me (waves to the invisible GRRM lurker).[/quote]

[quote name='Myrddin' post='1612426' date='Dec 9 2008, 03.26']And I'm sure GRRM is lurking here a bit. He'll never admit to it, but I'm sure as producer he's looking over the cast lists just like D&D are.[/quote]

This is as close to an admission that he is checking some of the casting suggestions as I could find.

[quote name='GRRM wrote' date='Dec 7 2008, 18.06']They welcome fan input, and the [b]folks at Westeros have already come up with lots of good possibilities[/b].[/quote]

From previous remarks from GRRM, what's likeliest is that Parris (who has commented on one or two of the threads) has shared some of the suggestions with him rather than his visiting the board directly. :)

[quote name='Myrddin' post='1612426' date='Dec 8 2008, 16.26']And I'm sure GRRM is lurking here a bit. He'll never admit to it, but I'm sure as producer he's looking over the cast lists just like D&D are.[/quote]
I have a confession to make. I am George R. R. Martin.

I have, unbeknownst to everyone, already completed [i]A Dance with Dragons[/i]. If you would like to read an advance copy, please send $100 to [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI"]the linked bank account[/url]. Please play no attention to the Nigerian banking details.

[quote name='Ran' post='1614003' date='Dec 10 2008, 12.00']From previous remarks from GRRM, what's likeliest is that Parris (who has commented on one or two of the threads) has shared some of the suggestions with him rather than his visiting the board directly. :)[/quote]

Guilty by association.

I have to say, in relation to directing people, it was really low for that guy who came to our site solely so he could direct people to another site. I really think some mod should delete the post and ban the account (but that's just me). Making your site known is one thing - piggybacking on another site's name is another...

Oh and Fate, I tried forwarding the money but it told me that the dumbshit has forgotten to activate the account so they cannot transfer funds at this time. I guess you're giving them out for free!

[quote name='Adelle Tully' post='1614481' date='Dec 10 2008, 06.03']I have to say, in relation to directing people, it was really low for that guy who came to our site solely so he could direct people to another site. I really think some mod should delete the post and ban the account (but that's just me). Making your site known is one thing - piggybacking on another site's name is another...[/quote]

Is this post directed at me?????

so you think
the only reason I come to these boards its to direct people to another site :rolleyes:
and :o someone should ban me because I posted a link to JRRM's blog?

Archived