DC and Baltimore

Elrostar

Guest Raidne
So me, Ep, Ini, CH, Sergio and Elrostar for dinner? I'll give it another day if anyone else wants to go and then I'll make the reservation.

[quote name='Raidne' post='1732616' date='Mar 25 2009, 07.39']So me, Ep, Ini, CH, Sergio and Elrostar for dinner? I'll give it another day if anyone else wants to go and then I'll make the reservation.[/quote]

Makotohanabi and I will see you at RFD's. We are probably going to have some Portugese chicken from Nados, that or Hooters wings. She loves Hooters.

What time should we plan to cross the street to RFD's 7ish?

Guest Raidne
Dinner reservations are for 6:00 pm, and we get our table at RFD at 7:30. There's a huge bar, so feel free to show up earlier, but they said it's usually packed for the game until 7:00 pm.

For everyone coming to dinner, let's meet at the National Portrait Gallery right off the south side of the Chinatown Metro stop (the exit that says toward F or G St), 750 9th St NW on the stairs on the north side on G St & 8th St.

For bar people, meet us right at RFD, 810 7th St NW. It's just north of the Gallery Place/Chinatown metro exit (take the N exit toward H St), on the other (W) side of 7th just past H St NW.

If anyone needs one, [url="http://www.wmata.com/rail/maps/map.cfm"]here[/url] is a good metro map. Gallery Place/Chinatown is on the green, yellow and red lines. For the orange and blue, transfer at Metro Center to the red toward Glenmont and it's one stop over.

If you've never been to Chinatown, it may seem a little....eclectic (like, a bum tried to shake my husband's hand while he was actively peeing against a wall on the street) but it's *the* nightlife spot right now so it's utterly safe on Saturday nights.

The reservations are all in my name, so PM me if you want to ask for it at the hostess station instead of wandering around looking for us, or if you want my phone number.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!! I'm excited to try Oya and RFD is definitely one of my favorite bars in D.C.

Edited to fix metro stop information as there are two exits N & S.

Been remiss in not responding here.

Afraid I'm going to be a no-go for April 4th, as I'll be attending a friend's wedding shower late in the day Saturday. My goal now is to shoot for the one later in the month. And leave work before 9 PM one of these days. I have a lot of goals.

Have a great time though, guys.

This is going to be supremely awesome. I can just take the Metro down from my new digs which I will still be settling into... and I'll have handed in my grant proposal the day before. So I will finally feel some sense of not being supremely stressed. Seems ideal.

Sorry you're not making it Jaime, but hopefully there'll be something later in the month or the beginning of May.

[quote name='Mack Kilimaro' post='1736886' date='Mar 28 2009, 12.25']Since I can drive to Greenbelt and take the green line to Chinatown, I have no excuse not to be there in time for the bar.

You all have my permission to mock me forever if I get shy and wuss out.[/quote]

would never mock you. if you get shy and wuss out, we will just try to win you over for the next one :)

i missed like the first 9 meet ups i planned to attend for various reasons. it happens.

that said, hope to see you out!

Guest Raidne
Just read in the Post that Saturday the 4th is the prime day to see cherry blossoms, FYI, if anyone has time to come into the city earlier (and also you can expect major traffic on the metro on Saturday due to people coming down to see the cherry blossoms if you're coming into the city earlier in the day).

I'm still not sure if I'm in town next weekend or not. If I am I hope to make it, if not, I'll hope to be at the meet later in April. Should know for sure a bit later in the week. :)

[quote name='Raidne' post='1737494' date='Mar 29 2009, 09.51']Just read in the Post that Saturday the 4th is the prime day to see cherry blossoms, FYI, if anyone has time to come into the city earlier (and also you can expect major traffic on the metro on Saturday due to people coming down to see the cherry blossoms if you're coming into the city earlier in the day).[/quote]
Am I going to have a problem getting down? I don't want to drive an hour to Silver Spring only to find that there's no parking. :unsure:

Guest Raidne
[quote name='Inigima' post='1737792' date='Mar 29 2009, 18.57']Am I going to have a problem getting down? I don't want to drive an hour to Silver Spring only to find that there's no parking. :unsure:[/quote]

Hmmmm...I've never been here this time of year, so I don't know for sure, but since the parade is early in the day (ends around noon), I think you'll be fine as long as you're coming in the afternoon.

Just in case, I'm not sure where you usually park at, but if there's parking right at the station it looks like there are also two nearby lots - the NOAA building garage at 1315 East West Highway and the Bonifant-Dixon garage at 1101 Bonifant St which has about 1200 12 hour meters at $.50/hour, so maybe bring a lot of change, just in case. The NOAA lot doesn't tell me what kind of garage it is. Both are within a 1/3 mile of the metro, I think a little closer, actually.

Guest Raidne
[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1740525' date='Mar 31 2009, 18.38']I suck. I thought I had signed up for dinner too[/quote]

Lany, I'll call and change the reservation today, it's no problem.

ETA: Done - glad you can make it to dinner!

On dinner, btw, they'll accept a max of 2-3 credit cards, so if anyone can bring cash, please do. I'll be one person bringing cash.

[quote name='Raidne' post='1741196' date='Apr 1 2009, 10.49']Lany, I'll call and change the reservation today, it's no problem.

ETA: Done - glad you can make it to dinner!

On dinner, btw, they'll accept a max of 2-3 credit cards, so if anyone can bring cash, please do. I'll be one person bringing cash.[/quote]

Thanks :D I'll bring cash as well. Keeps me within my limits ;)

i'll hit the strip club friday night to load up on cash.

i will bring cash. though it will be odd not using a card. i hope i can remember how to use cash.

i also have two none board peeps that will be joining us at RFD. figured a little more peep power is never a bad thing

[quote name='Inigima' post='1737792' date='Mar 29 2009, 18.57']Am I going to have a problem getting down? I don't want to drive an hour to Silver Spring only to find that there's no parking. :unsure:[/quote]
Isn't Greenbelt where you want to drive to, not Silver Spring? Just thinking logistically.

Argh!
I really really hate to be doing this, but it looks like I'm going to have to bail on dinner. I'm going to do my best to make it to drinks, but I'm writing this grant proposal and it's absolutely killing me. It's due before I leave for England on Monday and this weekend looks like it's turning into a non-thing, basically (much like the last two have).

Archived