Coolest names in the series

Baratheon_bastard

Lyonel Baratheon, The Laughing Storm

King Brandon, The Burner
King Theon, The Hungry Wolf

Prince Aemon, The Dragonknight
Ser Jeffory Norcross, The Neveryield (by far one of the coolest nicknames i think.) :bow:
Ser Lucamore Strong, Lucamore The Lusty! :spank:
Ser Donnel of Duskendale
Ser Gerold Hightower, The White Bull
The Demon of Darry (if any one knows his name, tell me!!)

and of course...

Ser Pounce.

thats all i can think of right now :read:

Robb.
That is a unique name in the series. othing that even slightly resembles it. At least I don't recall any that do.

Other than that Brynden Tully - The Blackfish. That caught my notice at once.
Greatjon too - it suits him so well.

And of course dozens more.

• 2 years later...

I didn't see this one yet - Melara Hetherspoon. I also like Jeyne Poole and/or Westerling... probably because they both sound so ordinary in such a fantastic world.

Arya and Sansa are both beautiful and unique names. I named two of my guinea pigs are them just as an excuse to say them!

But Dany has the coolest name as announced by Missandei. I love reading it every time.

Toramund Giantsbane is hands down the best name in the series. I mean Toramund Gianstbane with all his other names included, i don't have my book near me, so i don't remember the like million other names he has. But when all his names are spoken to introduce him, no one has a better name.

Edric Storm- Sounds kingly. In fact, Storm is a cooler name than virtually all in Westeros, despite the fact it's a bastard one.

Andrik the Unsmiling

Mance Ryder.

Barristan the Bold

Anyone Blackfyre really.

Toramund Giantsbane.

Ser Gerold Hightower, The White Bull

Ashara Dayne- Sounds like a princess really. Just to hear her name you know she was very beautiful.

Arthur Dayne- As knightly as they come. Even more with the nickname The Sword of the Morning.

Coolest last names:

Storm

Stark

Blackfyre

Lannister

Arryn

Hightower

Dayne

Targaryen

The Greatjon and Littlejon Umber always amused me. I always wonder if they actually had other "first" names because all they ever seemed to go by is the Greatjon and Litttlejon, but then again, their other relatives is just known as the "whoresbane", so who knows.

Free the Greatjon!

My favorite is Rickard Karstark. Just love the wonderfully harsh ring to it.

A few other random loves:

Barristan Selmy

Baelor Breakspear

Berric Dondarrion

Bayard Norcross

Hm... maybe I just love anything with a B in it.

Sansa (like the SanDisk mp3 player haha)

Ashara

Theon

Arya

Ellaria

Nymeria

Beric Dondarrion (the full name sounds awesome)

Barristan & Arstan

Davos

Viserys (a perfectly good name wasted)

Daario

I also like the little twist on more common names like Trystane (sounds like 'stain')

Best nicknames: Sand Snakes, & The Red Viper, it is known

Gosh that was kind of hard because I love saying certain names but they only sound cool because its the names of people I like

Beric Dondarrion is good.

But the wildlings have really cool names, as everything with them is. And apparently they choose them for themselves, probably as kids even, which is awesome. Varamyr is a hell of a name. And Mance Rayder rings great, of course. Probably is from his time at the Wall, though, calling yourself Raider beyond the wall is pretty useless, could as well call yourself Wyldling. But it makes for a badass name now. I agree Tormund Giantsbane has the best names, however, and the most.

The Ironmen have good names, too. Dagmer Cleftjaw is great. My aunt's name is Dagmar, by the way, but never mind.

Also Targaryen is a hell of a name for a house.

Many y do the trick for wildlings and Targs alike, it would seem ;)

Theon Greyjoy...I actually think the reason I like him so much is because I'm attracted to his name :P

Jon Connignton, it doesn't exactly fit in with Westeros names, but I think it sounds posh.

Arys Oakheart, same thing as Theon's

Sansa Stark, favorite name of a Stark. Flows nicely.

Elia Martell, I think this is the prettiest name in all of Westeros history! IMO...

Sandor Clegane..do I even have to explain why? :cool4:

Archived