D. C., 3 Augusto

i'm still in because i need to eliminate S John... i mean because i still want to see everyone!

S John, if you need a hand moving stuff give me a call. always happy to help.

Wow, CH that is very generous of you. Moving is like the friend kryptonite... all your lazy friends suddenly lead busy lives on moving day. But if everything works out as planned there should be some overlap time between when my next lease starts and this one ends. I should have a couple weeks to gradually move things out of this place and into the new one and should be able to take care of everything between me and my roommate. I'm also going to sell a bunch of stuff so there shouldnt be that much to move. Appreciate the offer though.

Now, if anyone wants to buy an old pull out sofa, an Ikea tv stand, an old 35 inch tv, a (pretty nice) coffee table and end table set, and a kickass (but worn) leather lazy-boy recliner... :P Free delivery to boarders inside the beltway!

i am deciding about whether to come along.

questions i have:

who is all coming?

how late do these things go?

dress code? i usually have a habit of looking like a bum.

can i bring my awesome girlfriend?

if i make it i will likely be a little later than listed start time as i would pick the girlfriend up at work and then we would be at the greenbelt metro around 5:30pm or so.

For Mr. Chef:

I dunno who is coming to this one.

It probably wont go that late becuase its a weekday. I know I'll have to work to next day, I'm sure others will too.

As far as dress code, I've worn a t shirt every single time I've ever met another person from the board, but if I remember right this place Marvin is fairly dressy, not like a jacket or anything, but last time I was in there I remember dudes wearing button downs and girls lookin fine in dresses. I think Raids said earlier that the rules are no shorts or flip flops. T shirts are, apparently, still a go. I might wear a button-down just to be safe.

Its cool to bring anyone you want.

Unfortunately I'm probably going to miss the Ben's portion too, I probably can't get off work early enough. Too bad becusae I'm seriously jonesing for a chili half-smoke right now.

chef is waiting to see if the cool kids are going before he commits himself. :rolleyes: If he does go, I bet he shows up fashionably late too.

anyway, I'm off from work now, and so in the "staycation" portion of the holiday. Look forward to seeing everyone!

Wow, CH that is very generous of you. Moving is like the friend kryptonite... all your lazy friends suddenly lead busy lives on moving day. But if everything works out as planned there should be some overlap time between when my next lease starts and this one ends. I should have a couple weeks to gradually move things out of this place and into the new one and should be able to take care of everything between me and my roommate. I'm also going to sell a bunch of stuff so there shouldnt be that much to move. Appreciate the offer though.

Now, if anyone wants to buy an old pull out sofa, an Ikea tv stand, an old 35 inch tv, a (pretty nice) coffee table and end table set, and a kickass (but worn) leather lazy-boy recliner... :P Free delivery to boarders inside the beltway!

happy to help if it is needed. my friends have all used my moving skills. i knew at a young age if you help your friends move they will always appreciate it and you. even if they never help you back the lazy bastards!

pics on the coffee table and end table set? lol, we are in the market for an upgrade over our ikea ones.

Chef,

one we are always down for an awesome girlfriend to come. we hate it we people bring their crappy girlfriends.

you can come later than the slated start time. no big deal.

if you skim back through the posts you should find who all is coming.

i lost track with all the i am in and then i am outs.

i can say for fact i will be there and would be happy to meet you.

I keep heckling Chef and telling him he has to come, so hopefully he'll show :)

If he doesn't I'm going to take it personally, since other people are bailing. Not to name names, but... Actually, yes, to name names.

Inigma and JaimeL, just for instance!

Yeah, that's right. You've been called out.

And Epi, you're not off the shit list just because you happen to have moved out of town. A lame and feeble excuse, I say.

Guest Raidne
k im off flying tommorrow, so I'm going to PM a couple folks my phone number, just in case Raidne gets kidnapped by Bush-era appointees at work.

Good call. I don't know about kidnapping, but serious maiming and/or untimely death and disappearance wouldn't be wholly unlikely at this point.

I am starting my new job tomorrow & don't know yet what time I'll get off. I should certainly still be on time for the 7pm festivities but if it's on the earlier side I may head into town earlier.

Guest Raidne

If, by some chance, anything goes wrong with Marvin's, like it's crazy slammed or whatever else, the back-up bar shall be JoJos, which is also on U St, on the south side, just to the west of 15th St. It should be fine on a weekday, but just seeing that place on Saturday this past weekend made me want to put something in place, just in case. If we move, I'll try to post it here, also.

If he doesn't I'm going to take it personally, since other people are bailing. Not to name names, but... Actually, yes, to name names.

Inigma and JaimeL, just for instance!

Believe me, Elro...definitely isn't intentional. Feel like in the last few months, all events in my life happen on the same day. Like nothing one night, everything the next. August 3rd for example is this meetup, a very good friend I haven't seen in 2 years coming into town and a major deadline at work (Well, one that the client decided would be a deadline mid last week). At this point I'm just hoping the latter doesn't block out the two former like an eclipse.

But should be a good turnout tomorrow. Sounds like it'll be a great time.

Archived