LONDON FILM & COMIC CON - 19th July 2009

I am still at the table watching episodes of Heroes with the help of a solar charger. When are you guys getting back from the toilet???
Heh. I'd totally blanked that part out. Aw, red snow might have even kinder eyes than Slick. They're kinder than mine anyhow. :P

Hope all of you who made it had a great time yesterday. Forgot to post I wouldn't be coming... I've strained the tendons in the back of my knee and decided at the last minute that it wouldn't be a good plan to haul myself around Earls Court all day. (It was, medically, a good decision, as when I woke up this morning having not left the flat yesterday I wasn't in any pain. However, one trip to work later...)

Dear God, I was thinking that was some alcohol-induced version of hell I was trapped in yesterday afternoon. I'm sure everyone else was entertained as I struggled to be polite and did my part for "care in the community". Next time I'll make sure I'm not the one sitting on the edge of a table. It was an impressive collection of Heroes signatures though and what more can be said about the solar panelled charger ...

Ser Barry's name suggestion is a good one but I'm considering changing my name to Ser Looks-like-he-gives-a-shit. It seems that changing that far off look into one of interest, while useful when talking to my boss/peers at work, has its disadvantages in public.

Next time I'll make sure I'm not the one sitting on the edge of a table.

You've done your bit, next time it's Silverstar's turn.

N

Did you hire the guy as some kind of initiation rite? I'd feel better if it turned out he was a highly trained actor.

What's this?

If this is what I think it is, I had to "do my time" at the dead-dog party at Worldcon in LA.

We were the last party going and some guy came over to us and just joined our table of 4, and kept jumping into our conversation with his own stories which had nothing to do with what we were talking about and were completely devoid of anything of interest.

Eventually the others at the table got up and started to throw around an american football, leaving me there with him talking at me, completely unable to tell the guy that I really didn't care about any of the boring stuff he was telling me, because I felt bad for him. The dude wouldn't go away for over an hour.

I learned my lesson that day.

** shakes fist at kit, julie and dave **

Did you hire the guy as some kind of initiation rite? I'd feel better if it turned out he was a highly trained actor.

No, but it's not a bad idea.

If this is what I think it is, I had to "do my time" at the dead-dog party at Worldcon in LA.

Absolutely what it is. I did my time at Denver worldcon when I got cornered by a letch and his other half for about 40 minutes. No-one would save me :(

N

What's this?

We were the last party going and some guy came over to us and just joined our table of 4, and kept jumping into our conversation with his own stories which had nothing to do with what we were talking about and were completely devoid of anything of interest.

Eventually the others at the table got up and started to throw around an american football, leaving me there with him talking at me, completely unable to tell the guy that I really didn't care about any of the boring stuff he was telling me, because I felt bad for him. The dude wouldn't go away for over an hour.

I learned my lesson that day.

** shakes fist at kit, julie and dave **

You narrowly missed the special drop in guest. He sounds uncannily familiar to the guy you described though, adding weight to the theory he is a hired goon. While I'm being paranoid I could note that he turned only up minutes after you left - was there a disguise in that case of yours?

You narrowly missed the special drop in guest. He sounds uncannily familiar to the guy you described though, adding weight to the theory he is a hired goon. While I'm being paranoid I could note that he turned only up minutes after you left - was there a disguise in that case of yours?

There was a Ladyshave in there. Unfortunately in his hurry to shave off his wookie pelt Paddy caused some cranial scarring.

Now I feel guilty for giving the guy a hard time, followed by being angry at him for making me feel guilty. Where will it end?

I'm also regretting not talking to Captain Sheridan when he was sitting at the panel all alone. Didn't want to risk being charged though, meaning I'm a tight git too.

Archived