if we were all that remained of society, could we survive.

BigFatCoward

With the deluge so near at hand, the ceremony is innocence is drowned. No longer can the center hold against the mere anarchy loosed upon this world. In the ashen fields of Gehenna, lies the citric-hope for us all - high above the valley of Hinnon, on the earthen mound, grows the tree of lime, and from it - Your Salvation. Partake of it's limey flesh and acidity and pull yourself from the refuse of Topheth, into the light of the warm dawn. Embrace the glory of Citrus Aurantifolia Felinus, the great maker and destroyer of all mankind, for it is the One True Way, and There Is No Other. The Pillar of the New Age. On this foundation will you be the rock, solid and steady, long into the dark future.

All of this and more, can be yours. All I ask is that you see the light and worship your One True God, The Limecat. For The Greater Good.

False prophet. It's a fuckin pomelo. You're like Tom Cruise with fruit. We'll be having none of that charismatic claptrap in Urth 2.0. Slouch off toward where you came from!

I like the Rapture of the Saints scenario - all humans but the ASoIaF boarders disappear in a heartbeat, but no damage to the rest of the world. My own post-apocalyptic skills aren't so great, so I'd probably end up as a serf.

Anyhow as were dispersed throughout the world, how will we meet up? Or can I keep all of NJ as my fiefdom until the supermarkets empty?

False prophet. It's a fuckin pomelo. You're like Tom Cruise with fruit. We'll be having none of that charismatic claptrap in Urth 2.0. Slouch off toward where you came from!

For This Heresy, I Shall Destroy One of These Each Hour on the Hour, Until my Lord is Greeted with the Proper Respect and Glory. You Will be His.

I like the Rapture of the Saints scenario - all humans but the ASoIaF boarders disappear in a heartbeat, but no damage to the rest of the world. My own post-apocalyptic skills aren't so great, so I'd probably end up as a serf.

Anyhow as were dispersed throughout the world, how will we meet up? Or can I keep all of NJ as my fiefdom until the supermarkets empty?

Oh no -- I'm sure people will be lining up to fight you for New Jersey.

Like, if there was an apocalypse ... would people in NJ notice? "Post-armageddon wasteland? Nah, it always looks like this."

:P

See that's what's cool about Wyoming: we're already living in a barren desert with no people. The transition will be seamless.

Limecat sayeth:

For This Heresy, I Shall Destroy One of These Each Hour on the Hour, Until my Lord is Greeted with the Proper Respect and Glory. You Will be His.

*shrug* Go ahead, squish him. Pretty sure he ain't one of mine.

Does dogging count as an essential woodland skill? (Please don't think I'm being serious :P)

I absolutely love the wilderness, a pity we don't have any real Wilds where I currently live, though plenty of people do like the Broads, not mountainous enough for my tastes :)

as soon as X-RAY 2001 is up i would provide an operating system and on top of that install SAP. after customizing this i could enable us to have an overview of all our stocked goods (canned food etc.) as well as running a MRP (material resource planning) and some forecasts that would show us, what exactly is needed and where. we could do a seasonal model to enable us to plan goods we do not actually need now, but in -winter- -summer- ... of course, distributing the goods in the optimal way with the ressources available is also within the capability of said system.

oh. we would need an accountant to keep track of the financial view of goods movements in order to avoid complaints.

of course, i submit my abilities to Science!

Where I live, I wouldn't even know the apocalypse happened, I would just think my computer was broken.

Lucky bugger :P

There are plus sides to where I live, it's the most intact medieval city in Europe woohoo (history and architecture of some of the buildings and.... pubs) Nice heathland for walks, broads (massive medieval peat excavations that have become flooded and turned into pleasant waterways) ITS JUST TO DAMN FLAT ROUND HERE! Majestic mountains can't beat em :)

Anyone want to swap Tully riverlands for somewhere mountainous? :)

Anyone want to swap Tully riverlands for somewhere mountainous? :)

What was the common factor in all the earliest significant human civilization again? Mountains? Or Euphrates/Niles/Yantze/Hindus? :P

What was the common factor in all the earliest significant human civilization again? Mountains? Or Euphrates/Niles/Yantze/Hindus? :P

Human sacrifice?

Human sacrifice?

We got that on the agenda already, it seems. :)

(Actually, I don't think there's evidence of human sacrifice from the Chinese. Some emperors buried slaves alive for their burial rites, but it's not a wide-spread situation).

We got that on the agenda already, it seems. :)

(Actually, I don't think there's evidence of human sacrifice from the Chinese. Some emperors buried slaves alive for their burial rites, but it's not a wide-spread situation).

IIRC, Hindu didn't have human sacrifice other than (can't remember the term...) where they burned the wife on the grave of the husband. (soooo unfair, I mean, god, she just got rid of him!)

Oh, and is cannibalism really human sacrifice? Its more like...thinning the herd, right?

IIRC, Hindu didn't have human sacrifice other than (can't remember the term...) where they burned the wife on the grave of the husband. (soooo unfair, I mean, god, she just got rid of him!)

True, there's that in the older parts of the Indian cultural practice. Though I seem to recall that the widow was only immolated under some circumstances, like if there's a surviving brother who's willing to take her? Or she can choose to be immolated to demonstrate her faithfulness.

Oh, and is cannibalism really human sacrifice? Its more like...thinning the herd, right?

Well, I consider anything that fills my tummy a sacrifice to my well-being. So....

Archived