Dragon Age: Origins IV

a wooden chair

What level are you? I one shotted her at level 16. The key is to take out all but one melee and fire away at her with magic and arrows. Also some of that Heat Balm shit works wonders.

Oh. I'm level 10. Well I just wanted to bed Morrigan, you know. Therefore I have to kill Flemeth (I think).

Unfortunately I don't have Wynne in my party, she slightly annoyed me in the tower, so I killed her for good. But maybe I will get Shale and try it then again. I mean he could be the main tank, I could be a damage dealer warrior and the elven rouge Zevran could kill her with arrows. Ah I hope so. Today, I was butchered three times in like 10 seconds. And I am NOT willing to change the difficulty

Heat Balm, I'll buy that, en masse. Oh and Poitions.

Oh. I'm level 10. Well I just wanted to bed Morrigan, you know. Therefore I have to kill Flemeth (I think).

Unfortunately I don't have Wynne in my party, she slightly annoyed me in the tower, so I killed her for good. But maybe I will get Shale and try it then again. I mean he could be the main tank, I could be a damage dealer warrior and the elven rouge Zevran could kill her with arrows. Ah I hope so. Today, I was butchered three times in like 10 seconds. And I am NOT willing to change the difficulty

Heat Balm, I'll buy that, en masse. Oh and Poitions.

I read that properly positioning your tank and bringing Sten with Yusaris greatsword on her flanks works wonders.

For big dragons use one warrior with knockdown immunity (Shieldwall, Indomitabe) to keep their attention, keep the rest of the party at a distance with ranged weapons and be sure to cast forecefield on the tank when the dragon does its grabbing attack. Not much more to it, really.

Also, Morrigan will sleep with you at the drop of a hat. Sleeping with her *starts* her romance it seems.

Heh, very true. I have a hard time imagining a character that would put up with Morrigan long enough to get to see her softer side. Casual sex? Sure. Talking about feelings and stuff while simultaneously resisting the urge to insult her? Not so much.

So apparently there're rumors of a 15 hour expansion in March. Dunno about that; it's not immediately obvious to me that there's any compelling hook for the further development of the story (though I can think of a few things, sure)--nothing like BGII and Throne of Bhaal, anyway.

I mean, my epilogue was basically 'there was a golden age and then [charname] and Leliana frolicked together forever and ever'. Isn't that, like, the end? There was an epilogue and stuff!

Of course, I'll probably end up buying it on release day and enjoying the hell out of it, so...

The rumour started on some Czech gaming site, so most people had to rely on an online translation to understand what it was about. So far there is absolutely no confirmation of anything, and somehow I doubt that EA and Bioware would not be promoting the hell out of a major expansion a mere two months before release.

For what it's worth, the rumour seemed to indicate more of a seperate story, rather than a continuation of the original one.

I never had any problems with Flemeth.

Also, Morrigan will sleep with you at the drop of a hat. Sleeping with her *starts* her romance it seems.

So I don't have to kill Flemeth in order to sleep with Morrigan? Sounds great. But you sure? Someone on Bioware.com mentioned that only after the death of Flemeth I can have good night with her.

And hey - Morrigan is awesome. By far the best character in the game. Then again, I am weird.

ETA: Oh and thanks for the help everyone. But you know, I didn't understand the whole summoning quest in the Tower, I am a warrior, no time for mage nonesense :smoking:

So I don't have to kill Flemeth in order to sleep with Morrigan? Sounds great. But you sure? Someone on Bioware.com mentioned that only after the death of Flemeth I can have good night with her.

And hey - Morrigan is awesome. By far the best character in the game. Then again, I am weird.

ETA: Oh and thanks for the help everyone. But you know, I didn't understand the whole summoning quest in the Tower, I am a warrior, no time for mage nonesense :smoking:

Killing Flemeth is entirely optional. The only thing you don't get if you spare her is ~120XP.

The summoning quest is spelled out in the corresponding codex entry. The one thing it doesn't mention that there is a fourth ritual that is composed by performing the moves for the first three in a row, then activating the fourth summoning spot which is behind the shelves in the circular room (the one that has the stairs leading up). Pick the pocket of the guy it summons for an extra codex entry.

And Leliana is a much better character than Morrigan.:P

Killing Flemeth is entirely optional. The only thing you don't get if you spare her is ~120XP.

The summoning quest is spelled out in the corresponding codex entry. The one thing it doesn't mention that there is a fourth ritual that is composed by performing the moves for the first three in a row, then activating the fourth summoning spot which is behind the shelves in the circular room (the one that has the stairs leading up). Pick the pocket of the guy it summons for an extra codex entry.

And Leliana is a much better character than Morrigan.:P

Oh, well then I am not going to kill the old woman, or whatever she is. She is funny! Ah, a pity that I do not read the codex entries. Maybe I'm going to do just that in my second playtrough. Where I will bet Leliana :P

I will just take the Grimoire than and tell Morrigan that her evil mother is dead. Thanks for your help Jon.

You do realise we now get to call you a wimp, right?;)

Well, I do. But I tried her again this morning..and wtf.

Thing is, I am not strong enough. I have no Shale and no Wynne. Also I do not have this ueber-sword for Stan. I dunno how to beat her without those things. I mean, I die instantly when I fight her with my two-handed sword. So does Alistair and Stan. Somehow Zevran dies very fast, too.

The next time I will have Wynne in my party, maybe she can heal endlessley and everything will be allright. Oh and I have to buy the DLC for Shale, but I don't have the money right now. I bought the game from amazon.co.uk. The free DLC's don't work for me, here in Germany. Which is kinda strange, but well.

ETA: Yeah, suck it Flemeth! Potions for world domination. And Relic, you are a little genius!

I parked Alistair in Flemeth's face and then stacked frost and fire storms on her butt so that he didn't get hit.

Wynne and I could tag team to keep people healed up and toss damage as needed.

Kept Leliana flinging arrows and Flemeth was down a 3rd before I had even really finished setting up.

I forced my sister to play a mage from Origin -> Ostagar and she's finally seen the light of mage awesomesauce.

"Wow, this encounter always kicked my butt - this is so much easier!"

She still needs to learn how to organize her spellbars more efficiently though...

I picked up a few player-built mods over the weekend -

I'm loving the extra hairstyles - I might even load the 'no helm' mod so I can keep my ponytail and emo-bangs showing.

The Raven Respec mod is fantastic - though it took me a full 3mins to find the little feathered bastard in camp (it's a black bird, sitting in a shadow, in the dark, at night....yeah...). Ravens show in other places, but I wasn't going to give up looking for the Camp one.

I salvaged my elf rogue game after stripping out and resetting Morrigan's spell trees. (Shapeshifting is so useless at higher levels.)

Sister got the camp-chest mod and that's proving really useful too. It gets expensive to use Bodahn as storage all the time.

I parked Alistair in Flemeth's face and then stacked frost and fire storms on her butt so that he didn't get hit.

Wynne and I could tag team to keep people healed up and toss damage as needed.

Kept Leliana flinging arrows and Flemeth was down a 3rd before I had even really finished setting up.

I forced my sister to play a mage from Origin -> Ostagar and she's finally seen the light of mage awesomesauce.

"Wow, this encounter always kicked my butt - this is so much easier!"

She still needs to learn how to organize her spellbars more efficiently though...

I picked up a few player-built mods over the weekend -

I'm loving the extra hairstyles - I might even load the 'no helm' mod so I can keep my ponytail and emo-bangs showing.

The Raven Respec mod is fantastic - though it took me a full 3mins to find the little feathered bastard in camp (it's a black bird, sitting in a shadow, in the dark, at night....yeah...). Ravens show in other places, but I wasn't going to give up looking for the Camp one.

I salvaged my elf rogue game after stripping out and resetting Morrigan's spell trees. (Shapeshifting is so useless at higher levels.)

Sister got the camp-chest mod and that's proving really useful too. It gets expensive to use Bodahn as storage all the time.

Nice Tobin! I use the Quartermaster Tolby mod instead of the chest but it's the same effect. Have you checked out the shapeshifter mods? The one I use is in the Dragon Age Nexus under gameplay effects and is called Expanded Shifting or something. It adds probably 5 extra talent lines that you can learn by killing X ammount of enemies and bosses. Each tree has a final super form like Grand Oak, High Dragon, Pride Demon, etc. I've yet to go through a full game using it but I'm going to try and dragon duel Flemeth, the High Dragon, and the Archdaemon.

Also if you've yet to pick it up I highly reccomend one of the DA mod manager tools as well. The one I use lets you build override files so they work just like DAZips where you can disable, uninstall, reinstall, etc.

The next time I will have Wynne in my party, maybe she can heal endlessley and everything will be allright. Oh and I have to buy the DLC for Shale, but I don't have the money right now. I bought the game from amazon.co.uk. The free DLC's don't work for me, here in Germany. Which is kinda strange, but well.

That's strange. I bought it from the UK as well and have had no issue with getting DLCs to run.

ETA: I was, btw, completely wrong about the expansion. Wonder how long that march release date will stand, considering they've pushed back the much smaller Return to Ostagar twice now.

Capitalisation is weird throughout that annoncement.

Burning question: does the possibility of playing an Orlesian character mean we're going to get a "terrible fake French accent" voice set?

Hey now, I thought Riordan's accent was tasty.

The Anora's maid, Isolde and Marjaloine's voices were wretched though.

Also, the Darkspawn's true motivation? Srsly?

Coolness. I've suspected since seeing the opening sequence that there is more going on with the darkspawn than simply being evil and out to destroy everything. My wife and I have speculated on what that might be extensively. I fully expected to have to wait until the next full game to get more information on that. Never expected them to do a big reveal like that in an expansion. Mind you, I'm not complaining. Just really surprised (if they make good on it that is).

ETA: Yeah, suck it Flemeth! Potions for world domination. And Relic, you are a little genius!

You beat her at level 10? Very nice.

Keep those balms on hand for the other dragons. Along with the second Drake Armor you can make my rogue was like 95% fire resistant.

Archived