Upcoming Cover Art II

Larry.

I am so disappointed the changed the artwork for Scholes' books. I loved the other artwork, now I am going to have a set of hardcovers without matching covers, three of which look like ass (an assumption concerning the final two, but if the cover for Canticle and Antiphon are anything to go by, then it stands).

I think it's missing some blood spatter. Other than that, I like it.

That's still in draft form, blood splatters should be forthcoming, judging by the previous covers. I also hope they move Osrung just a smidge more out from under the axe blade.

Upcoming cover art from Winter 2011 Daw/Ace catalog:

House Name by Michelle West.

Blackveil by Kristen Britain.

Betrayer by C.J. Cherryh.

WWW: Wonder by Robert J. Sawyer.

Aside from the Sawyer (which seems to be more late-1990s), DAW seem to still be partying like it's 1985 with some retro covers. Which, to be honest, is not too bad a thing.

Interesting. I was certain they'd go for the blast of Power from the Cleansing going off in the distance and various characters standing around slack-jawed looking at it in dull surprise (since this accounts for about 75% of the book). Although I suppose that was covered on the previous cover.

They could also have done that absolutely awesome naval battle between the Sea Folk and Seanchan that Jordan decided we didn't need to see as it would take away time from the characters watching paint drying.

Archived