WoW - March to Gnomer

Greywolf2375

Poobs, check out Sylvanas and the guilds Anointed and Kill Loot Repeat. Both guilds have been around for ages and are still doing HM currently. Both are semi hardcore, with Anointed being the more relaxed outta the pair Summer is just around the corner so most guilds are going to be having attendance issues.

I've been in both, Anointed from MC raiding days and KLR from wipes on Mother Shahraz (when it was still called iddqd - screw that stupid name change). Both are good guilds with good (deranged and slightly mad) people.

I'm on Sylvanas - in Adrenaline :)

We're not as hardcore as the two guilds you mention, but that's mainly because of the sheer lack of talent. Most good players are where they want to be already, and we were late starters.

Is there any way to transtfer your char to a UK realm? Would be awesome to play with some guys from Westeros, you know.

Currently there is not. I would like there to be, since eventually I will move back to the UK, and leaving all my toons on a US server on Central Time would mean I would rarely be able to continue running stuff with my guidies.

Not impressive for a lot of you guys, I know, but Festergut 25 is now down. That toon's guild has been struggling on him for a few weeks; only my second week raiding with them and we one-shot him. I credit myself. :hat:

15 Shot Lady D Heroic on 25 tonight. Ties us for 2nd place on the server. :)

Now staring Professor and Sindy down, probably won't work on them for another week or two though, as our current heroic bosses are not nearly on farm status.

In other news I put my shadow spec back on yesterday and hit 8.2k on Saurfang 10 man normal. Pretty please with myself. Giving up disc for a little bit to dabble in the dark side.

Pally hit 70. I was totally pumped for shield of righteousness, but i guess that is actually a lvl 75 move. Ah well. Soon. Finally ran a Wrath random, tanked UK. God healers are bad. I guess my overall competence led me to believe that the average healer was that good... Simply not the case.

The best thing about 70 is that it's almost 71, which means in a level you get Divine Plea and you can stop using Seal of fucking Wisdom.

There are bad healers at that level, but UK is actually extremely difficult both to heal and tank at that level, and I have had more bad tanks as a healer there than bad healers as a tank. What is your health like? I've had tanks with 9k and it's near-impossible to keep them up. I consider 10k the minimum, and even then it can be rough. Don't necessarily blame the healer. Make sure you don't give up your back, don't overpull, and make sure you dodge the frontal cone of Ingvar's smash in both phases, even though the AoE will still hit you on phase 2.

Thanks for the tips! I believe I break 10k with some fortitude. Otherwise say 9.5? And yeah, it was obvious when the healers were good and when they were not so great. Like I said, finally got a disc priest worth his salt, and one good dps and we were able to power through.

As a man who tends to only heal, I miss alot of things like frontal cones that the tanks worry about. Any big tips for Nexus and Azjol before I get there? (I am aware Anub has a frontal cone. That has gibbed more DKs in my healing days than just about anything hehe.)

I broke 80k last night with the 20% buff and another couple of upgrades. Funny thing is that tanking is my offset; the 4p277 warrior tank in our guild has just under 77k.

I ran around yelling "I'm a boss from UBRS" before the Putricide pull.

So cuz of the real life being busy thing & wanting to have some more play time with my wife, I switched my pally to her guild. This isn't really a raiding guild, but wants to be - but they seem like fun group of people. They had been 4/12, but with some new toons made some progress. Did get Rotface and Festergut, but it was touch and go - I was the only one over 10k, so we got him at 1 second left before beserk; then had to kite the oozes cuz no one else had done it before. After we wiped once, the RL said that everyone needed to download AVR & AVRE - I'd heard of them before, but thought they were pre-combat things for marking. I didn't realize were in combat marking.

Wow. Talk about dumbing down. Still had issues with folks getting the oozes going in the right direction, but we got it.

I'd asked in one of the early WoW threads if using add-ons took away from the game. Some don't, but this one goes beyond DBM in telling you what to do. It's not only "get out of the way" it's "get out of the way by moving here and then here and then there"

Yeah, Blizzard plans to break AVR with the next patch, and I can't say I'm too sad to see it go.

Me neither, I'll be glad when it's gone.

I did the first wing of ICC25 last night, and then sat out to let my boyfriend raid instead because I have a lot of gear and he doesn't, and because I'm leaving for 2 weeks today. Of course, as soon as I sat, 5 things dropped that I could have used (plate/a shield) and not one piece appropriate for his lock.

I did the first wing of ICC25 last night, and then sat out to let my boyfriend raid instead because I have a lot of gear and he doesn't, and because I'm leaving for 2 weeks today. Of course, as soon as I sat, 5 things dropped that I could have used (plate/a shield) and not one piece appropriate for his lock.

RNG god is fickle, capricious, and downright mean.

It is known.

Finally got Sindy down last night, putting us in the top spot for 10 strict on the server.

The extra 5% helped but we finally used a smarter strategy which made everything even easier, after 3 weeks of banging our heads we went in and one shot her :-).

LK wasn't too bad, we got into phase 2 a couple times but people are still making stupid mistakes. It's a new fight, so I won't be too hard on them :-).

Thanks for the tips! I believe I break 10k with some fortitude. Otherwise say 9.5? And yeah, it was obvious when the healers were good and when they were not so great. Like I said, finally got a disc priest worth his salt, and one good dps and we were able to power through.

As a man who tends to only heal, I miss alot of things like frontal cones that the tanks worry about. Any big tips for Nexus and Azjol before I get there? (I am aware Anub has a frontal cone. That has gibbed more DKs in my healing days than just about anything hehe.)

Nah, those are both pretty straightforward, at least if you've been through them before. Make sure not to stand still on Keristrasza, try to avoid being in Anub's Pound cone but it's not too big a deal if you do eat one -- more important is that DPS and healers not be one-shotted by it, which they will be if they get hit.

Your health is quite low to tank UK, and at level 70 I'm a little shocked you don't have more. If you haven't already, get as many of the crafted Cobalt tanking set as you can. All of the classes have a cheap-to-make "welcome to Northrend" crafted set, that one's yours.

Your health is quite low to tank UK, and at level 70 I'm a little shocked you don't have more. If you haven't already, get as many of the crafted Cobalt tanking set as you can. All of the classes have a cheap-to-make "welcome to Northrend" crafted set, that one's yours.

Will probably do that in an hour than. My guy is a blacksmith but stuck at the ass end of fel iron. The only recipe that is orange costs 12 bars a piece, and I need 25 Skillups to get to cobalt.

Unless there are weird BC patterns from not trainers I don't know about that help fill in between 325 and 350?

ETA: Found the patterns. Bought 4 stacks of adamantium bars for about 50g each. This server is crappo! Making my Cobalt set now though. thanks for the heads up.

Will probably do that in an hour than. My guy is a blacksmith but stuck at the ass end of fel iron. The only recipe that is orange costs 12 bars a piece, and I need 25 Skillups to get to cobalt.

Unless there are weird BC patterns from not trainers I don't know about that help fill in between 325 and 350?

I've been using this to help me level my BSing. I'm still stuck at the Mithril stuff because I refuse to pay 100g for 20 Mithril bars and am slowly mining my own.

The extra 5% helped but we finally used a smarter strategy which made everything even easier, after 3 weeks of banging our heads we went in and one shot her :-).

What was the strategy?

We've been wiping at Sindy 25 for 3 weeks now, We now reliably get to the third phase, but then everything goes to hell as people who get targeted by the frost orb just run around like headless chickens...

The 20% buff should help, though.

On nicer news, I got my third tier mark today. I'm still lacking gloves and greaves, which I refuse to acquire with badges. Toravon will hand them over or die repeatedly for his insolence.

We've been wiping at Sindy 25 for 3 weeks now, We now reliably get to the third phase, but then everything goes to hell as people who get targeted by the frost orb just run around like headless chickens..
We do Sindragosa on the far platform directly across from where you start the fight. P1&2 are basically the same other than how we do the ice blocks.

Phase 3 has the first block running to the right side of that area while everyone else moves to the left. As soon as the block is down, people clear their stacks and chilled. Melee do a dance of clearing stacks, DPSing sindragosa, then dpsing the next block. The blocks alternate left and right, making a triangle with Sindragosa in the center.

It's not hard; the hardest part is people killing the blocks too late or too early, or not clearing their stacks. But it's basically just a long, long time.

We blow our lust and cooldowns in the first phases to get her within 3 flight periods.

Depending on your raid dps, if you get sindy to 10% or so you can just blow BL at the end and have tomb'd people flee while everyone zergs her down. But careful positioning and alternating between tombs, resetting stacks, etc. is better and you need to do that to get her down to that point anyway. Still if you're kinda only just hanging on and suddenly around that mark +/-5% everything starts to go to clusterfuck just call BL+Zerg and tell people targeted to be tombed to run away from the raid and you'll get her.

Depending on your raid dps, if you get sindy to 10% or so you can just blow BL at the end and have tomb'd people flee while everyone zergs her down. But careful positioning and alternating between tombs, resetting stacks, etc. is better and you need to do that to get her down to that point anyway. Still if you're kinda only just hanging on and suddenly around that mark +/-5% everything starts to go to clusterfuck just call BL+Zerg and tell people targeted to be tombed to run away from the raid and you'll get her.

Yikes! My guild kept trying to implement that strategy and it generally turned disastrous. YMMV of course.

What I always tell my healers is that at some point a couple of your dps will die. It is inevitable. NEVER freak out about dps taking too much damage in this fight. If they kill themselves, you can now concentrate on the rest of the raid with greater focus and less spread.

If at 10% you find 2 dps recently died, your healers should have no problems keeping the remaining up, and it should be smoother sailing. DONT freak out and call zerg (in my experience) That tends to lead to dps no longer caring about stacks or tombed healers.

My favorite fight ever is heroic Marrowgar because of the mechanics. At 10% ICC Buff it was almost impossible to keep everyone up. So me and my GL put the most 'important' members of raid into groups 1-4 and let 5 be class/spec repeats and low DPS. The healers were told to heal You, Healers, Tanks, Grps 1-3, Grp 5 in that order. Having healers realize that as more are dead, less damage comes in, therefor less people will die is a hysterically funny experience because it is soo counter intuitive.

ugggh, I got some frostbitten fur boots today, want to use them for combat, but my spreadsheet is telling me that they are better than my Footpads of Impending Death - right now my 11700 dps vs. 11730 dps. Decisions, decisions, I could swap in frostbitten, but then I'd have to cut a +34 expertise gem, which just feels like a waste of a dragonseye. qq. Heroic modes would make this gear shit so much easier to deal with. And now I got a second Lungbreaker, so now my poor Rip Spreader is no-longer necessary according to my sheetz. Jeez.

Archived