World of Warcraft

Arataniello

This is my one concern with the new pared down talent trees - lack of any variety or wiggle room in building one's talent tree.

No more jiggling points around between talents because you hit the hard cap for hit rating or whatever, no thought needed in allocating talent points. Just take the bog-standard talent build for your chosen spec and run along.

Hoping that I am proved wrong.

Except you already do that. There is no wiggle room NOW. For most specs, any move from the EJ-standard is a DPS loss.

They are trying to make all the DPS talents gettable and still leave you some points left over for whatever random shit you feel like getting.

They aren't there yet because these trees are really really not close to done. But even Jurble's build above contains Utility talents.

Untrue! you can take a point out of swftness and put it in imp fire nova for max dps.

You have the utility build there. :P

Of course the only place to get the second point freed up is in imp lava lash.

You can't fire nova from a searing totem any more.

The past week has been pretty good. We downed heroic Sindy on Sunday, so we'll be attempting heroic Arthas soonish. On Tuesday I finally got the one upgrade that's been refusing to drop and which I've been planning all my gear around. On top of that I got a couple of other nice upgrades as well. Then, just today, I got the white hawkstrider. I suppose this is to make up for the weeks of not seeing the stuff I want drop.

Heroic BQ down! We just barely made the timer, but we made it.

5/12 Heroic in 25 ICC. We should nail H Dreamwalker next week. We were super close this week.

Grats, Shryke. BQL definitely seemed like one of the easier ones to jump to heroic on 10-man. Though I guess on 25 with even more vampires it gets even crazier by the end with the AOE damage, huh. Oh well.

My guild logged our first H-Blood Princes kill tonight, which has us 8/12 HM for ICC. I'm proud of our group for getting that far. This is a guild that couldn't even hardly make it through Karazhan in BC even once everything got nerfed (not that I was there in those days), but the guild leader's really turned it around and gotten a good group of people, and good group of raiders. It's fun to play with them.

All that's left is PP, Dreamwalker, Sindy and of course Lich King. Dreamwalker feels do-able. The others, I think, will take some work and perhaps the last 5% on the Hellscream buff. Not sure what's really different for Sindragosa. We messed around with PP a little a couple weeks ago and I didn't understand at all what was going on with that extra disease mechanic.

By the way guys? I dont mean to be offensve or anything but why are we just posting about our achievements in ICC? For the guy who downed heroic LK, thats understandable (and well done, btw) but i thought this thread would be for discussing WoW, not just announcing exactly where we are in ICC this week.

About the hunter trees, i didnt like them. They just feel too much like Blizzard was too lazy to put anything new or interesting in there, so they just chopped a large block of talents off and left it at that.

And whats with the warlock affliction tree? The tiers are awful. They force you to take almost every talent, and most of them suck for PvE

I've been doing ogrila rep. The Shartuul's Transporter demon-posessing event is super fun. And I can sell the BoE epics that Shartuul drops for a couple hundred gold every day as long as I don't fail at the event as horribly as I did today. Exalted tomorrow I think.

By the way guys? I dont mean to be offensve or anything but why are we just posting about our achievements in ICC? For the guy who downed heroic LK, thats understandable (and well done, btw) but i thought this thread would be for discussing WoW, not just announcing exactly where we are in ICC this week.

Feel free to not read the thread then.

About the hunter trees, i didnt like them. They just feel too much like Blizzard was too lazy to put anything new or interesting in there, so they just chopped a large block of talents off and left it at that.

And whats with the warlock affliction tree? The tiers are awful. They force you to take almost every talent, and most of them suck for PvE

You're welcome to discuss whatever you like as are we, if you want to discuss something else free to bring it up. I've posted in this thread for theorycrafting help and questions about specific ICC fight strategies and gotten answers. The winged shadow almost singlehandedly turned me from a shit rogue into an awesome one.

The trees are still really early and are going to change a lot.

I don't even know what to make of this fucking post. Guys you aren't discussing what I want you to in this thread even though I haven't particularly indicated what I'd like to discuss and

I didnt know that Thrall was holding it together? In fact i was wondering what happened to him and why... so why is he at the mealstrom?

Thrall's at the maelstrom because he's one of the strongest magical forces alive and the strongest shaman alive - and the world is literally tearing itself apart. That's why he's stepped down from horde leadership; it's so that he can personally hold the world together.

The Maelstrom is where the greatest cracks in the firmament of Azeroth have occurred - creating a portal to Deepholm in the process. If that portal grows or becomes more unstable, Azeroth would likely explode like Outlands did - but without the Twisting Nether infusing everything with magic, Azeroth would die.

Thrall is, quite simply, a total bad ass.

The intro to the Maelstrom is full of win. Ferals are completely broken though.

Your sweeping statements about the new Cataclysm trees interest me. Your lack of details about the hunter talent tree stimulate my conversational juices. And what IS with the warlock affliction tree? How about that local sports franchise?! And that traffic this morning?!

Well, with the northern and southern barrens being split by a giant thing of lava, there are problems along the gold road. Expect a 30 minute delay between Orgrimmar and Camp Taunka. Also, there are reports that a giant squidlike monstrosity has ravaged the coastline of Eastern Kingdoms from Grom'Gol to Tirsifal; expect delays along the entire coastline road system.

The good news is that routes to Tanaris have almost entirely cleared up from this morning's kodo pileup in Shimmering Flats, so if you happen to be going back in time to slay Archimonde your commute looks spectacular.

My guild is making progress on LK 25, I am shocked. First try last night we got him to 26%, which was our best attempt ever and it usually takes us 2 hours to get to the vile spirits phase. We might actually get him in the near future!

I havent looked much at the new trees because I dont trust it all to stay the same by release. But I'm glad to hear that hunter looks better, because that's what my first worgen will be.

Also, Migey didn't check out the Hunter trees very well. BM is completely changed; here's something approaching a BM build, based on what I've been hearing about the spec all about dem auto shot criticalzzz.

And Beast Mastery looks to be an actual worthwhile talent now!

Yes i did, i meant changes from the original cataclysm 51 point builds.

I suppose i could have read it wrong, but i assumed they would add even more new ones.

And about the lock affli tree. There are only 11 points in the first two tiers, 4 2 point talents and a 3 point one. That means you must take at least 1 point in every single talent, and about half of those are useless for PvE. In the next tier there are only 2 points worthwhile for PvE. In the tier after that there are only 3 points.

There are 2 conclusions. 1, The talent tree is totally broken because they havnt really started it yet, or 2, its meant to be a PvP tree, which, i suppose, is possible and viable.

Archived