Covert Affairs

Jaxom 1974

I enjoyed this episode.

I liked Arthur smoozing the senator. I liked Joan catching Calder and his "friend". I enjoyed the interactions between Auggie and everyone (love me some auggie).

The only thing that kind of bothered me is that I think they are setting up Mcquaid as the mastermind behind the Chicago bombing, which I really hope they don't because I like Mcquaid and hope he stays around.

• 4 weeks later...

That beer that Auggie received that was 50% head? Travesty.

I've only watched the first episode and this most recent episode.I've read some recaps here and there.

So it really was her heart after all. Is Kaitlyn the mole McQuade has alluded to? And is he behind what happened to the guy who died this episode? I had a feeling the dude with the dog was going to turn out to be a legit threat.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally caught up. The first half of the season got stronger as it went on, though it lacked some general surprises. Perry Reeves was easy enough to peg.

Annie can't keep a boyfriend can she?

I know! Seriously, it's getting kind of old, either give her a stable relationship or let he be single and always ready to mingle. This in tween of failed relationship is just not good for her.

Also, because Simon is now gone :( if she does end up with someone my vote would be Eyal.

I know! Seriously, it's getting kind of old, either give her a stable relationship or let he be single and always ready to mingle. This in tween of failed relationship is just not good for her.

Also, because Simon is now gone :( if she does end up with someone my vote would be Eyal.

Eyal is likely who she'll be with as the show ends. Feels that they've telegraphed that one.

The issue I have with the scenario is that's basically what they did at the end of Alias though...

I never watched Alias, so I didn't know. Maybe she'll end up alone or even with Auggie (which is not my favorite paring) but whatevas.

The issue I have with the scenario is that's basically what they did at the end of Alias though...

They'd be Aliasing the ending if they have her run away and retire with Auggie, not so much with Eyal. Sydney ended up with her handler. I'd be all for Annie ending up with Eyal but I really don't like her as more than good friends with Auggie. Don't know why it doesn't work for me but it doesn't.

They'd be Aliasing the ending if they have her run away and retire with Auggie, not so much with Eyal. Sydney ended up with her handler. I'd be all for Annie ending up with Eyal but I really don't like her as more than good friends with Auggie. Don't know why it doesn't work for me but it doesn't.

I never thought of Vaughn as Sydney's handler. He was another agent. More a partner than a handler...

I never thought of Vaughn as Sydney's handler. He was another agent. More a partner than a handler...

No, he was her handler. Remember, she didn't work for the CIA at first. She thought she did but she was actually working for SD-6. When she became a double agent and did start working for the CIA, Vaughn was assigned to her as her handler. Later on they did missions together and worked partner like but frequently she was out in the field alone and he was back in DC talking her through the mission on the mic. Much like Auggie and Annie.

• 3 months later...

I saw that. I'm not surprised but somewhat sad. I did watch the first half of this last season but completely missed the last half until the last episode when I accidentally stumbled upon it. I think it was a mistake that this season and last they went on hiatus in mid August and then didn't come back until later in the fall after all the regular fall programming had started and switching to Thursday nights at that. This show worked well as a summer show, they would have been smarter to air the whole season from middle of May - end of August and on the same night. But oh well, its over now.

I'm glad she didn't end up with Augie. They worked as super good friends but things when south when they got together romantically. I liked her this season with the billionaire. He had potential.

Archived