What is the sex scene you want to see?

julandro

I guarantee you that this scene will NOT be filmed as written in the book. Sophie Turner is only just 14 (or soon will be) and will be very much underage when they get there which obviously means no nudity. There are ways to communicate the sadness of the event without seeing Tyrion's "man-staff".

Neither participant needs to be nude for that scene to work.

You can depict a person disrobing without explicitly capturing their genitals on film. And you can convey another person's reaction to that by their face alone.

The one I DONT want to see is the one with Jaime and Cersei when Cersei is on her "moon blood." That scene was a little Too much info George! Also I may be in the minority but I'd rather not see Renly/Loras. I hope they keep it toned down like in the books.

Actually, that's the one I'm looking forward to the most :P

Well, the most wigged out sex scene in the whole series for me has to be when Jaimie and Cersei are fucking on top of their dead son's coffin.

Just think about how many layers of wrong that is...it's almost bottomless.

Well, the most wigged out sex scene in the whole series for me has to be when Jaimie and Cersei are fucking on top of their dead son's coffin.

You forgot to mention that it's during Cersei's period as well.

I never realised what is so wrong with it. We have two adults in love with each other, both eager to screw each other. Sure, they're doing it next to Joff's dead body, but he was a jerk, who cares.

Not occur in the first season. First we have to see if they make more seasons of the series. Right?

In the first season only Tyrion and Dany/Drogo are important enough to be shown. Especially the Drogo-Dany stuff needs to be shown in its full, well, glory. A scene between Lancel and Cersei indicating a sexual relationship between those two could take place after Robert's death, but not before, as it would reveal too much.

The Ned/Cat scene could be in the pilot, it was nice to see that their affection for each other also extends to sexual stuff, but it's not necessary.

Tyrion being introduced as being a sex-addicted dwarf works as well, although I'd like to see him live pretty chaste until he meets Shae. Sex scenes with would make little sense at the Wall or while wandering through Westeros.

Loras and Renly would be nice as well, but I'm not sure if they are important enough to get a fullblown sex scene in the first season. I'd be enough toget a hint that these two are not only plotting together, but also sleeping together.

Besides that I'm not sure what is necessary in the first season. We could see wome naked whores in brothels earning their living, but in all the cases a brothel is visited the character in question did not intend to have sex there.

In the second season it's likely going to be Lancel-Cersei, Melisandre-Stannis (conceiving the first shadow babe), Renly-Loras ('praying', intercut with the Mel-Stannis scene), a lot of Tyrion-Shae-stuff, heavy sexual dialogue between Asha and Theon, and some stuff with Theon (although I'm not sure if I need to see the merchant's daughter and - was it Kyra? - in Winterfell). Not sure if the Dany-handmaiden scene is in ACoK, but I do not need that at all, as it contributes very little to the plot in my opinion. Not sure if I've forgot any important ACoK sex scene.

About the Tyrion-Sansa scene during their 'wedding night': This actually could be done quite pretty easily, if the laws allow adolescent girls to work on sexual dialogue. We really don't need to see anything. All we actually need to see is Tyrion trying to verbally express his desire of Sansa, and her reaction on that. Neither of them has to be naked for that.

And if the third book is going to be split in two seasons (which would be a reasonable decision I guess) then Sophie even might be 16 or close to it, as this scene then would be in the second ASoS-season.

Loras and Renly would be nice as well, but I'm not sure if they are important enough to get a fullblown sex scene in the first season.

It does pave the way nicely for S2 though. I like anything which suggests they are thinking of the next season. :)

In the first season only Tyrion and Dany/Drogo are important enough to be shown. Especially the Drogo-Dany stuff needs to be shown in its full, well, glory. A scene between Lancel and Cersei indicating a sexual relationship between those two could take place after Robert's death, but not before, as it would reveal too much.

Hello Varys.

I also thought it would show a sex scene between Lancel and Cersei. But when time passed and read the information about the relationship, I can assure you they will not show anything.

I changed my opinion. Believe me, I'm very disappointed.

The new teaser seems to suggest we'll see some of the "lessons" Doreah gave to Dany.

Makes me wonder if she will be spared of her wasteland consumption and be with Irri the remaining Dany's handmaids, killing the third one instead.

The thing is, I think ASoS makes it rather plain that Doreah's lessons were theory, not practice. ;) But it seems it'll be a wee bit more hands on for the show...

Come on now, Ran.

You should know by now that some "disciplines" need to be practiced in order to master them. Theory only is not use.

Well, isn't the handmaiden stuff in ASoS not just 'assisted masturbation'? Dany wanted to have sex, not man was available, thus she did it herself. Irri just assisted her with her hands to get the thing done. One could make this into a huge girl/girl scene, of course, but that would miss the point it has for the story. Daenerys Targaryen is not really interested in girls - this is also why she rejects this kind of 'assistance' when it's offered a second time.

The Doreah/Dany scene should show Dany for the first time as an active character in her relationship. She goes to her to get the knowledge to surprise him. So I really hope this is no girl-on-girl fingering/cunnilingus lesson, but a lesson how to please Khal Drogo. Although the former might look good on screen, it should still be just the foreplay to the great Dany-Drogo-under-the-stars-scene which should be, in my mind, the most elaborate sex scene in the entire series (or at least the first season). Not because I for seeing girls with a platinum-white wig getting all naked, but because it is important to the story. We need to see that Khal Drogo may be a cruel and barbaric warrior, but he really loves Daenerys, and she falls in love with pretty quick, and we need to see this because it makes Drogo's all the more tragic.

Without that, Dany's story in the first season would not have the same depth as it has in the books. So I'd be really surprised if they would change anything in the core story.

So I really hope this is no girl-on-girl fingering/cunnilingus lesson

I think this is exactly what it's gonna be, knowing how HBO are. I found "Rome" to be eye-rollingly gratuitous sometimes, since each episode had to have a sex scene in it, plot be damned. "Oz" was even worse with the repeated ass-rapes that became boring to watch eventually.

The ASOIAF books handled sex in a mostly tasteful way, but HBO often goes over the top while trying to excite viewers. Which is a bit ridiculous, IMO. I'm a straight guy, but I don't exactly turn on HBO if I feel like having a wank.

The only thing in 'Rome' I felt to be contrived was the whole affair between Servilia and Octavia. Not even do we have no historical evidence for that, but it also really does not lead anywhere, as both women later don't really care about what happened back then.

Occasional sex scenes now and then are okay, but we don't really need a sex in every episode in 'Game of Thrones'. That would be over-the-top, especially as most of GRRM's sex scenes are not particularly arousing and should thus not become the usual music video with naked people on screen.

Well, isn't the handmaiden stuff in ASoS not just 'assisted masturbation'? Dany wanted to have sex, not man was available, thus she did it herself. Irri just assisted her with her hands to get the thing done.

That's the way it happened the first time, but they were more intimate encounters between them, although not shown explicitly. Dany reflects they were somehow disappointing because Irri's kisses were more a duty that product of real passion.

Archived