BwB DC Dorkfest Extravaganza

Guest Raidne

Guest Raidne

Hi! As I've been going on about in the Entertainment forum for some time now, I love my 3D TV. And the X Box Kinect. So much so, that I'm pretty committed to throwing an entire party pretty much devoted to the play of (1) Call of Duty Black Ops in 3D and (2) Dance Central.

Naturally, you all are the only people I know who might be interested in doing this. :)

Of course, other routine party activities are not ruled out! Who knows, there might even be more college-era rites of passage we can force Mark to participate in.

Anyway, I'm looking at the last two weekends in January, but I'm flexible. It's been a long time since we've had a large, proper get together of the whole local crew, so I'm aiming for maximum participation here.

Ini, I will let you 100% control the play list if that encourages you to make it. I can probably find room for at least three people to crash in my apartment, if necessary. I have recently learned that there is occasional access to a free parking spot in the garage downstairs. I will continue to try and think of other inducements as time passes.

What say you all?

Of course, other routine party activities are not ruled out! Who knows, there might even be more college-era rites of passage we can force Mark to participate in.

Because I haven't shamed myself enough already... :lol:

Later in the month Saturday should be fine for me. Really, just pick a date that's convenient for everybody and I'll make sure to be there. Haven't gotten my BWB on since Halloween, and that needs to be rectified!

Guest Raidne

I still have the terrorist-witch-hat-that-is-not-a-bomb. Maybe it should be like the lawn gnomes and make it every future BwB event.

Why do I have a picture of hordes of people bringing gnomes to Reno to be knighted by George.

George did knight a "fuzzy head" in Montreal.

I happen to love garden gnomes and was very excited to see them in Joann's today. (I know, I should be ashamed)

But back on topic, sounds like a fun time. If the husband doesn't have to work, and the daughter hasn't gone into early labor, I'd love to come. I do have "joy ride" and sports (something) for the kinect and could bring them as well. (I rock at archery, but so far, suck at everything else)

Guest Raidne

Oh please do. I think we have the Sports game, but I know not this "Joyride" of which you speak. And good timing - I was just about to PM you!

Also, I keep forgetting that Reno is this year. I'm tempted, except that I know I'll make it to Chicago.

Guest Raidne

Okay, let's go with January 29th, Saturday, 7pm. If you don't already have my number and address, send me a PM, or, even better, PM me your email address so I can just send one group email.

I'm thinking I will likely make some pizzas. Partly because the one I made on Monday was just awesome, and partly because it goes really well with beer. :)

Okay, let's go with January 29th, Saturday, 7pm. If you don't already have my number and address, send me a PM, or, even better, PM me your email address so I can just send one group email.

I'm thinking I will likely make some pizzas. Partly because the one I made on Monday was just awesome, and partly because it goes really well with beer. :)

I found out last night that we have a day long scouting outdoor thing on the 29th. If I am not exhausted, I'll be there. :)

Ini, I will let you 100% control the play list if that encourages you to make it. I can probably find room for at least three people to crash in my apartment, if necessary. I have recently learned that there is occasional access to a free parking spot in the garage downstairs. I will continue to try and think of other inducements as time passes.

:lol: I will try to make it, it's looking promising.

Archived