Post-equality

Lyanna Stark

I'm not going there. I have a weak stomach. There's your answer.

Also, you are still wrong about FGM.

I think you should shut the hell up.

You're not fucking allowed to tell Thor whether or not he's correct about FGM before watching the video (which is just audio and text, by the way). You're guilty of exactly what the video is trying to fix!

I'm not going there. I have a weak stomach. There's your answer.

There are absolutely no pictures of either MGM or FGM.

Also, you are still wrong about FGM. I'm sure you could do a symbolic form of FGM that doesn't harm the girl or prevent sexual feeling, but I get the impression from what I've read that it's not common. Most cultures that do it intend for the woman to have no pleasure in sex. Whereas the millions of happy Jewish guys around the world suggest that circumcision is not the end of the world for guys. :leer:

Except that was the point of MGM when it was first really advocated, it was meant to stop masturbation and was thought to cure a bunch of different problems, just like FGM. (You know the asshole who invented the cornflake, he was one of the biggest proponents) Cut off 20000 nerve endings and you going to reduce possible pleasure.

And as I said the most common forms of FGM and MGM are arguably equivalent.

I think you should shut the hell up.

Lovely.

You're not fucking allowed to tell Thor whether or not he's correct about FGM before watching the video (which is just audio and text, by the way). You're guilty of exactly what the video is trying to fix!

I might have if he'd said it was not gory, and if you hadn't just insulted me I might have checked it out later (meant to be working now)

Hate to agree with Jaerv even slightly on this but some forms of FGM are equivalent to MGM. You can't say FGM isn't equivalent because there are 12 forms of FGM, the least harmful of which doesn't even come close to the least harmful form of MGM. And arguably the worst form of MGM is even worse then the worst form of FGM. (The worst form of MGM involves cutting off all skin including the scrotum) Type 1 and 2 are the most common types of FGM type 1 and 2 A are arguably less harmful than Type 1 2 and 4 MGM. Type 1 B and 2 B and C are more harmful than any of these. Type 3 is the most harmful of either MGM or FGM, while type 4 FGM only involves an incision, a prick or something similar, it doesn't involve anything being removed. So is the least harmful of any GM period. (Except for cauterization which gets back up to the level of Type 2 and 4 MGM)

The most common form of MGM is roughly equivalent to the most common form of FGM. Separating them on the basis of sex is utterly sexists bullshit and it's time to stop doing it.

I've linked this video more than once and I'm going to link it again, though I don't know why people never seem to watch it.

ETA I'm going to be yelled at aren't I?

Thor, you poor man, so woefully ignorant about female anatomy.

No FGM type 4 is not harmless. It causes fistulas. It is basically an episiotomy that is never sown back up.

Since you apparently have a strong stomach google "vesicovaginal fistulae."

For all other types what they do to women is the equivalent of cutting off the phallus. Does that happen commonly? I did not think so.

ETA: I cannot link to video at work. It's all blocked.

There are absolutely no pictures of either MGM or FGM.

When you post it you really need to say that, because if someone links to a video "about circumcision" the mind does not leap to the conclusion it is probably just facts and figures. I wouldn't even watch a video of a tonsillectomy because I am that weak-stomached.

Except that was the point of MGM when it was first really advocated, it was meant to stop masturbation and was thought to cure a bunch of different problems, just like FGM. (You know the asshole who invented the cornflake, he was one of the biggest proponents) Cut off 20000 nerve endings and you going to reduce possible pleasure.

This sounds American specific to me. I am only familiar with circumcision as a religious thing. It was "first advocated" by Moses or most likely even more ancient tribal leaders, not some 19th century nutcase or whoever you are referring to.

And as I said the most common forms of FGM and MGM are arguably equivalent.

No, you are talking about the most extreme forms of each (the mildest female version and the most severe male version), not the most common.

Thor, you poor man, so woefully ignorant about female anatomy.

No FGM type 4 is not harmless. It causes fistulas. It is basically an episiotomy that is never sown back up.

Since you apparently have a strong stomach google "vesicovaginal fistulae."

I didn't say harmless I said less harmful. If you think a prick or incision is equivalent to the removal of the prepuce than you are the one ignorant of anatomy.

For all other types what they do to women is the equivalent of cutting off the phallus. Does that happen commonly? I did not think so.

I would disagree that that is what it is equivalent to.

When you post it you really need to say that, because if someone links to a video "about circumcision" the mind does not leap to the conclusion it is probably just facts and figures. I wouldn't even watch a video of a tonsillectomy because I am that weak-stomached.

Sorry.

This sounds American specific to me. I am only familiar with circumcision as a religious thing. It was "first advocated" by Moses or most likely even more ancient tribal leaders, not some 19th century nutcase or whoever you are referring to.

It being religious in origin is enough for me to give it a pass, the BS scientific explanations are just added to it.

No, you are talking about the most extreme forms of each, not the most common.

The most common FGM is type 1 and 2, the most common MGM are 1 and 2. They are arguably equivalent even though FGM has more types, some of which are more harmful some of which are less.

Now I have to get back to school I'll continue this latter.

To everyone. I am sorry he made me go here. I am. So I'll give a little space...

No. Just no. I am sorry that you seem to think cutting off the clitoris is a non-event. It's actually the way we all orgasm. It's a pretty big fucking deal. Also, there are WAAAAY more nerve endings per inch that you've got, cowboy, so it hurts.

Secondly, no FGM #4 is not a little scratch or incision. It is a cut into the perineum as is done in an episiotomy. Only they don't stitch it back up. That leads to fistulas, which are holes in vaginal wall into either the anus or the urethra, causing the patient to either void feces or urine out of the vagina.

I'm fairly certain that is a bigger deal than being circumcised. When you start crapping out your penis, we can talk.

And while we're on it, you should get circumcised. Perhaps you've never seen infections or other complications caused by the foreskin, particularly the kind where it actually gets trapped over the top - yep - and doesn't retract causing severe, severe disgusting disfiguring swelling. Probably you've never seen a photo of that. I really wish I could say the same.

So, at the end of the day, yeah, fuck right off. You're also sexist. Unbelievably so. Honestly, a mistake of this magnitude could not possibly be made by negligent ignorance - it HAS to be willfull.

And while we're on it, you should get circumcised. Perhaps you've never seen infections or other complications caused by the foreskin, particularly the kind where it actually gets trapped over the top - yep - and doesn't retract causing severe, severe disgusting disfiguring swelling. Probably you've never seen a photo of that. I really wish I could say the same.

Having a mastectomy would reduce your chances of getting breast cancer, you should get right on that. Or perhaps telling people that they should have some of their body parts removed isn't appropriate?

And while we're on it, you should get circumcised.

I'm not sure I'd go that far, any unnecessary operation is dangerous. I'm not particularly convinced the operation has many benefits, but I'm also not convinced that it is all that bad (as usually performed, not the extreme male circumcisions that were mentioned earlier.) It's not even in the same ballpark of harm as most common FGM operations (as you so graphically described.)

I wouldn't make light of breast cancer if I were you.

I'm not making light of it.

ETA: But, having looked into circumcision, it does appear that it is something done to men that decreases sexual satisfaction of both men and women by decreasing sensitivity considerably and necessitating artificial lubrication for sex and masturbation. And just because in America we've decided that it looks gross.

That has all the hallmarks of things that we normally do to women.

At the same time, it's not comparable to a clitoridectomy. Removing only the clitoral hood would be equivalent.

Hey, how about we not recommend what the other sex should or shouldn't do with regards to genital operations entirely? Just a thought.

I don't know, there's several "operations" with their genitals I'd recommend both sexes have done. :leer:

Hey, how about we not recommend what the other sex should or shouldn't do with regards to genital operations entirely? Just a thought.

Okay, okay, but doctors still recommend that if you keep the foreskin you masturbate in the usual way, palm to glans, and not by rubbing it on something, which is correlated with the retraction problem. So I will recommend that even though I don't have a penis.

Okay, okay, but doctors still recommend that if you keep the foreskin you masturbate in the usual way, palm to glans, and not by rubbing it on something, which is correlated with the retraction problem. So I will recommend that even though I don't have a penis.

Rubbing it on something?

You mean like ..... rubbing your penis against a desk or something?

The article used, like, a pillow or a mattress as an example.

Frankly this is all news to me.

ETA: As in, apparently you are supposed refrain from humping things. :)

Archived