Could the BWB make an ADWD midnight release a reality?

You speak for the BWB? Too cool. Tell me, am i going to make it to Reno this year? Oh, and should I beef up my satellite subscription to get the HBO show or just wait for the dvd? thnx.

You speak for the BWB? Too cool. Tell me, am i going to make it to Reno this year? Oh, and should I beef up my satellite subscription to get the HBO show or just wait for the dvd? thnx.

Perhaps you don't know that I run the BWB. That's fine. It's only been 3 years or so. But I do. And in this I speak for the BWB. We will not be attempting to keep stores open late for A Dance With Dragons.

You don't need to be an asshole on here. I don't know who you are, but continuing to harass on this topic will be a sure way to ensure you are not welcome at Reno BWB activities. And so, while I can not tell you that you are coming, I can certainly say if you are not coming.

Perhaps you don't know that I run the BWB. That's fine. It's only been 3 years or so. But I do. And in this I speak for the BWB. We will not be attempting to keep stores open late for A Dance With Dragons.

You don't need to be an asshole on here. I don't know who you are, but continuing to harass on this topic will be a sure way to ensure you are not welcome at Reno BWB activities. And so, while I can not tell you that you are coming, I can certainly say if you are not coming.

Wow. You really need to rethink your take on this thread.

You are the head of the BwB. But you know as well as everyone that it is a pretty loose organization almost totally devoid of hierarchy. People follow you mostly because you are usually right and they respect you. But nobody who met you through this thread is going to respect you even a little and those who previously knew you then read this will be likely to respect you less. You came off as an ass. This isn't totally out of character for you, but strange in a thread where you purport to be speaking in the role of head of the BwB.

You also know that if I called up Dark Carnival in Berkeley and told them I am a member of a fan group called the BwB and there are a dozen of us who would come by at midnight if they were open that there wouldn't be jack**it you could do to stop it.

Somewhere mid-thread your argument shifted from 'it wouldn't make business sense' to 'because I say so dammit'. Mostly because there seemed to be mounting evidence that it might well make business sense. I don't know why you got so pissy about it but you reflect poorly on yourself and the BwB.

Not knowing who john is only compounds your appearance of foolishness. He's an old-school boarder going back to the ezboard days, perhaps even eesite. He's been here all along and is a stalwart attendee of BwB gatherings in the UK and rest of Europe. And one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet - highly regarded by others in this group. If you truly sought to banish him from Reno events, you'd only compound the impression that you'd gone 'round the bend on this one.

You know I like you and you know I respect you. Have someone YOU respect read this thread and listen to what they tell you about how you come off.

Wow. You really need to rethink your take on this thread.

You are the head of the BwB. But you know as well as everyone that it is a pretty loose organization almost totally devoid of hierarchy. People follow you mostly because you are usually right and they respect you. But nobody who met you through this thread is going to respect you even a little and those who previously knew you then read this will be likely to respect you less. You came off as an ass. This isn't totally out of character for you, but strange in a thread where you purport to be speaking in the role of head of the BwB.

You also know that if I called up Dark Carnival in Berkeley and told them I am a member of a fan group called the BwB and there are a dozen of us who would come by at midnight if they were open that there wouldn't be jack**it you could do to stop it.

Somewhere mid-thread your argument shifted from 'it wouldn't make business sense' to 'because I say so dammit'. Mostly because there seemed to be mounting evidence that it might well make business sense. I don't know why you got so pissy about it but you reflect poorly on yourself and the BwB.

Not knowing who john is only compounds your appearance of foolishness. He's an old-school boarder going back to the ezboard days, perhaps even eesite. He's been here all along and is a stalwart attendee of BwB gatherings in the UK and rest of Europe. And one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet - highly regarded by others in this group. If you truly sought to banish him from Reno events, you'd only compound the impression that you'd gone 'round the bend on this one.

You know I like you and you know I respect you. Have someone YOU respect read this thread and listen to what they tell you about how you come off.

Bronn,

Everything I said in this thread I stand by. Everything.

I do not run the BWB for the accolades. There are none. I do not do it for the money. There is none. My job is mostly to tell new fans that don't understand how shit works 'no.'

You have no idea what goes into running the BWB, and there most certainly is a hierarchy. We have a treasurer. We have a council. I'm sorry if it offends you that you weren't invited. You are most certainly one of the people that needed to be told 'no' prior to the LA Worldcon. My job is basically to avoid us ever getting into a deep debt again. I consider it my personal responsibility to ensure that no one ever eats a loss of thousands of dollars again.

If you want to ask a book store to stay open, that's up to you. That's fine. You can say you are a member of the BWB and an honorary member of the Justice League and a NASA junior astronaut. That's all fine. But the BWB, as an entity, will have nothing to do with that liability.

The question, in case you forgot, was "Could the BWB make an ADWD midnight release a reality?" The answer is the same as it was in the third post of this thread:

No. Sorry.

Post Script: If you want to continue to talk about me personally, please take it to PM.

Archived